2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Love it !
By randalljay on 06/26/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought an 08 Scion xB,but didn't care for only one arm rest, single back up light, poor color selection, cheap fabric and no floor mats. We were lucky enough to find an Orange HHR that had a quarter panel (not a full panel). Since we needed at least five seats, the full panel wagon was out of the question. something about the missing side rear windows that make this car very appealing. The quarter panel is a great place for self-expression. The placement of the window controls is a little weird and takes a while to get use to. For some reason I keep hitting my shins on the door when I get out. On the plus side, the OnStar is great, it's American, has lots of room, and it comes with mats.

We Love Our HuhHer, the Jury's Out.
By Rose4HHR on 06/19/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well...I love driving when I can steal it from my hubby, but I've noticed some brake squeal and he drives it mostly on the interstate. He's not a brake man. I took Huh-Her as we call it to the shop (not dealer, I don't trust them-sorry) for an oil change today and asked if it could need brake pads. Their response? "Uh-Oh!" Not let's sell you some stuff...they explained they've had a slew of people with some serious issues, mainly rotors and encouraged me to return to my dreaded dealership to resolve the issue. The dealership denied it at 1st, but when I stated I would research and report; they gave me a card for the 1st time and stated they would "take care of it".

First Impressions
By Chad on 06/03/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I researched many new cars before deciding on the HHR. My wife and I test drove five cars (Dodge Avenger, Dodge Charger, Subaru Legacy, and a Chevy Malibu) and looked at four or five others. Although we almost bought the Malibu we both agreed the HHR would be more practical for us (we have three kids and the Malibu had a small trunk). I've only been driving it for a week, but so far I couldn't be happier. We bought the 2LT with every option. The standard equipment looked a bit unfinished. The leather interior really made the difference for me. It's strange but this is the first time I have liked a car more after I bought it than before. I don't know what else to say. It just fits.

My Panel
By blake on 05/29/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Found that the car had more than enough power (2.4) for quick acceleration. Handling was good and the antilock brakes work great in all weather. Also found Panel easy to park in town

Fun to Drive
By bb on 05/26/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my HHR a couple days ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. I went with a pretty stripped-down model, but the difference in features wasn't worth the extra money. I would recommend the 5-speed over the automatic, the ride is a lot better and it's really a lot more fun. If you can afford a little more the SS model is awesome, but I didn't feel it was worth 8k more then the basic LS model that I purchased. It's a very smooth ride for a smaller car, handles nicely on the freeway and driving through town, plus they unique style gets a lot of looks and compliments.

Fun/Sassy Car
By Economical on 05/25/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle a couple days didn't like the look of it until I drove it and then actually changed my mind. The gas mileage seems like it will live up to its word which is excellent due to the ever rising prices. It seems to handle well. It's pretty sharp looking. I cant wait to take it on a road trip. The cargo area is spacious. Center console is really up on dash which is neat I guess it takes place of non existant middle console. To me it has the feel of an SUV which I like. I feel the value was great for the money.

Kathy Lee's lil bugger (not bug)
By kathy lee on 05/21/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I can find absolutely nothing wrong with this car. I love where the window buttons are to let the windows up and down. I like the size, the chairarms position and movability. Only thing I got a crack in the windshield in Jan. '08 and haven't gotten it fixed yet. My husband called at that time they were not even in stock for the new HHR's.

Good Car
By Brian M on 05/20/08 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a 2008 shadow edition with the leather interior. Very comfortable. Only issue is that it is back in the shop for tire issues due to vibration after 105 miles. Both rear tires are to be replaced by the dealer. Otherwise, great car!

Blind spot
By vickysuzzy on 05/20/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great little wagon! Fun to drive, and I am getting 31 miles to the gallon. The only thing I wish was different is how wide the bracing for the windshild is . It makes you look twice to be sure nothing is coming, that may be a good thing

Excellent Car for Fun and Economy
By James on 05/12/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car a month ago after researching the auto, it is well made and fun to drive. I have owned cars and still own multiple autos. This is fun to drive and a great car for the commute to work. I really like this auto, already placed 1300 miles on the auto.