Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

HHR Build Quality Questionable...
By Redlinetoys

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I get 35mpg on the highway (manual trans) and about 24 in town. The styling is good and it is fun to drive for the money. I baby the vehicle and take extreme care of it, but question what I am up for long term regarding quality (based on experience so far). Month 1 headliner rattle getting worse fast, Month 2 Engine squeal needs repaired through service bulletin, Month 3 gold chevy emblem on back has water in it, Month 4 noticed knock in front suspension when cold, Month 5 brakes squeal at EVERY stop, Month 6 inside coat hook is stuck in up position, Month 7 Window grease in door is streaking driver window, Month 8 radio quits. Haven't had it 9 months yet. Wonder what is next??????

Bright Red, good mileage, good price, fun to drive with manual trans.

Maybe the engineers should drive this vehicle a few thousand miles and actually engineer fixes for the problems. Take a look at the HHR forums where the same problems as mine are being discussed. Never had these problems with our PT Cruiser...

Fun to drive and good gas mileage
By Marty

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car that had good gas mileage, was sporty-looking and had a lot of interior room. I have dogs and with the back seats folded down, there is plenty of room for dogs or cargo. The seats are very comfortable compared to some of the other smaller vehicles I have driven. The HHR is perfect for what I wanted in a car.

This car has a lot of "pick-up" for a 4 cylinder vehicle. I was pleasantly surprised, especially with automatic transmission.

The cup holders between the front seats are not placed well -- it is easy to spill a drink. There also is a rather large blind spot area in the windshield -- especially the passenger side.

Fun Car
By Reb

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Chevy I ever bought new and I am quite happy with it. It is fun to drive, great looks and flexible. I got it with the running boards and roof rack it finishes of the car. The ride is much better then I anticipated.

Look Flexible and gas miles.

More storage room up front.

My Favorite Ride!
By Lippy

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Actually fell for this car first time I saw it. Been waiting a few years for GM to work out the bugs in it. I love it, and is just fun to drive. Gas mileage great, and enjoy driving the 5-speed manual for a change. Love the retro body style!

Love the shape, handling, and also the placement of the window openers! Gas mileage great, and also feel I received a really good price on the vehicle for what I got. Also like the OnStar feature.

Not sure, but I know GM will come up with something!

You get what you pay for
By Murgatriyd

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Serves its purpose for my wife's business. Very good cargo room with the seats folded down. Decent interior room. We looked at everything in that class that was under 20 thousand and this seemed like the best.

The cargo room. Seems like it's built solidly. The highway mileage is very good. Just got back from a trip and averaged 29 on the highway.

Improve the steering. Move the window controls. Put a center console in. Improve the seats, not very comfortable and also seem too high. Rear hatch does not go high enough for anyone over 5'10".