2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
The mystery igniton problem!
By Robert Reynolds on 07/09/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR gets great mileage on long trips about 33mpg, however mine is a manual transmission. The interior needs more cup holders there are only three right down the center console. So with that said there are two in the front and only one in the back for rear passengers. This is a very fun car to drive and is very soild like a truck but rides like a car.

enjoy your hhr today !!
By e.n. beatty[canada] on 07/08/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A BASIC hhr with a 5spd and a2.2, no traction control, no abs just a plain maroon colored 4door fun car that runs on reg. Gas and gives me a true 30 mpg in the city. Replaced oil with full synthetic and a k&n air filter. Bought it new right off the truck, has 16,000 miles and one visit to the dealer. The hhr has done exactly what I want. It handles great at 75 mph with no wavering behind the big rigs. The steering is sharp and precise however the torque steer is a brute. Behind the driver the available space is amazing. The build quality is on the hi side of good and the paint job was excellent. Overall I'm pleased and oh yes I drive it hard and fast no slakkin in the sun. Gas, clutch, gone.

Back in black and no windows
By Dennis L on 07/08/09 05:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A head turner you'd think I have the only black panel hhr in NE ohio. I put custom black wheels on it and that is it. Everyone has something positive to say about it everywhere I happen to park. A friend at work bought one a week after seeing mine. Nuff said there, contagious I say! I have to admit I first only bought because I nailed the price. The dealership didn't even fill my tank! I stole it and really didn't care that the only gas left was what I had put in it for my test drive. I don't use cheap gas anyway in my cars (there is a difference in performance), I don't care what you drive. So the HHR has won me over and the vehicle is perfect for my horse duties, the truck stays put.

All frosting- no cake
By Fritzo2162 on 06/23/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR looks sharp on the outside. Nice curves, cool retro looks, good paint. However, the inside looks like something out of a 1980's era car. Cheap foam plastic that scratches easily covers every inch of the cabin. The standard stereo puts the speakers on the floor, so it sounds muddy. Windshield is very small, so your field of view is a bit limited. The sunroof works well and the controls for it are well placed. There's also a handy in-dash storage space that holds an IPod, GPS, sunglasses, etc. There are three poorly places cup holders (which makes a trip in a car build for 4 interesting), back seat is very cramped.

Fun
By bob's card house on 04/22/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

14 months 18000 Miles. LT2 w/2.4L engine. Most fun I've had in 35 years. Demoed the 2.2 bought the 2.4 engine. Stronger engine, fatter tires, tighter suspension made it a completely different vehicle. It loves to be driven. Average economy about 27, trips yield 35. Hard plastic door panels make it easy to knock WI snow off shoes. Installed new "studless snow tires" all around and winter traction and handling were nearly as good as summer time. I'm 6'2" and I can't sit in ANY car with a sunroof.

fantastic family car
By kmak on 04/13/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle for a small family. We traded in a grocery-getter mini van for the HHR, and haven't looked back for a second. Stylish and fun to drive, with quite a few modern options, plus plenty of room. I like the mix of classic chevy style combined with modern technology. Very smooth, solid ride. No problems to mention except an issue with the driver's power lock and the brakes are noisy. As far as day to day use and performance, this vehicle is a big success. The back seats lay flat in about 3 seconds and you can haul a ton of stuff as a result. We tackled a yard sale a couple weeks back and had no issues cramming this car of stuff we needed to sell. Kids love it.

GREAT LITTLE ROCK
By corky on 03/28/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love the darn thing so far. Have had no problems and get great mileage in and out of town. Bought it used and would buy another. Kept the suburban for the heavy hauling. We call it our little burb.

Practical, Fun and Stylish (for some)
By 87silver on 03/28/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought an HHR because I need a practical vehicle with good gas mileage. For those who like the '40s chopped top hot rod look, the HHR hits the mark and surely is set apart from its Asian counterparts. I see the hard surfaces in the interior as a virtue, since my kids always come back muddy from bicycle sports events and its durable as easy to clean for this purpose. I opted for the SS version that was engineered by GM Performance Division. It handles like a sports car and has the acceleration of a rocket. My experience with actual fuel mileage is about 27.5mpg for combined 70/30 hwy/city with the 2.0L Turbo. I'm very happy with my HHR SS and it fits my specific transportation needs well.

I'm buying american again
By Bruce on 03/24/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The HHR has turned me back were I should be buying American. This vehicle is a lot of fun to drive and some of my co-workers also own HHRs and they just love them. I have a SS and the power is great and I did not have to give up great gas mileage. The HHR is a keeper I am proud to own a chevy and my next car will be a chevy. Thanks for building a car I can be proud of and Love to drive.

Fun car with hit or miss looks
By subcult on 03/23/09 16:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have put 20k miles on this car and are 1 month shy of a year of ownership. We have had 0 problems everything works no repairs. It was bought for my wife but now that we have 3 car seats we had to get a Mini- van, so now the HHR is mine. The car is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage we are averaging 26 mpg after a winter of letting the car idle for 5+ minutes while it warmed and we loaded up the car seats.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.