2008 Chevrolet HHR SS - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (23 reviews )
SS HHR
By dotes on 03/24/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased a 08 HHR SS and have been enjoying it. Even with the high performance turbo charged engine, I get decent gas mileage. Of course using the various readouts and the cruise control helps too. Of course there are some minor things that I don't like. But at least the window controls are back where they should be on the SS. Having to go through two tire changes when a flat occurs on one of the front tires will be a real big pain. But I have roadside service. I rented a HHR for a week a few months before. So I could see if I liked driving it. I did and waited for the SS model to come out. I got the victory red and have got several comments on the HHR. So far I like the HHR I have.

So far so good
By bernie on 03/22/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After reading all the brake problems, i hope this will not happen to the ss. I just bought a red ss and cannot tell you how pleased I am with it. With the 260 hp eco tech turbo engine, it is a little rocket. The ss specific interior is comfortable and well designed. The 5-speed shifts firm and quick. The exterior ss specific ground effects, 18 inch wheels with speed rated tires filled with nitrogen, paint finish and door gap fit is the best I've seen in a long time. Oh yes, the smaller steering wheel and quicker steering make this thing loads of fun to drive. It is quick. It also has larger 4-wheel disc brakes that stop great. so far happy as a clam with it.

HHR-SS
By Ed on 03/19/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's an awesome little car. Very fast, great handling, steering very quick and predictable. Tires are good in all weather. I drive it hard and am getting 23.5mpg. But I think 1st gear is a bit low, lots of torque steer at full throttle. It is a handfull if driven very hard. Using the launch control and all I get is wheel spin.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet HHR Ss in VA is:

$102 per month*