Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Small car with a big punch
By Not your average man

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 08 HHR over 2 months ago to take the gas pump burden off my wallet (HHR $55 evey 10 days vs $90 every 4-5 days with my Silverado). I now find myself driving this car all the time and my 07 Silverado may get driving only once or twice on the weekends. I drive 35+ miles to & from work during the week and when I can lock the cruise at 60 the car will get 35-37 MPG. I am a 6'5" tall lbig guy and I have no problems with leg & head room (no sunroof - have the issue seeing the stoplights when first in line. I get a lot of people askng about the car & the fuel MPG's, the GM Performamce Air Intake makes a huge difference. My neighbor loves my HHR and wants to trade in her PT Cruiser.

Great gas mileage, comfortable seating for a base model, huge interior room for passengers & cargo. I tried several other makes & models, even the Colbalt and this has a lot more room for tall people. The HHR retro exterior looks better, carries more & is way more comfortable than the PT Cruiser.

Center console would work better than the arm rests for a tall guy, they are way too low and block the cup holder. Lighted window switches, the LED on the ceiling does work that well when you have the manual transmission, the stick is always in the way. More accessories like a OEM woody panel kit.

Ex-Suburban owner goes 4 cyl
By Je

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving Suburbans for 30 years and finally caved in to the current gas prices. I couldn't face going into a small car, and decided to test drive the HHR and found that I really liked it. The ride is comfortable, I sit a little higher than a car, and the 4cyl engine seems to have enough pickup as I drive on the expressway all the time. After 2 months of driving this vehicle I find it fun to drive and the gas mileage is great! The only undesirable is the loss of power when turning on the air conditioning.

Easy to drive, great gas mileage, not too much money.

A little more horsepower to counteract the air conditioning drain on the engine.

Had mine 2 weeks
By Keith

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with most of the other reviews. It is fun to drive. Great on gas. And many features for the money.The remote start will be nice in the winter. I'm not an autoworker but I would like to see GM make the HHR at the Morine plant that's going to close next year. I think that would be a good move for GM and the people in Morine.

The retro back end and tinted windows. Dask with tack and control center.

Gas cap should be on the other side also higher front window, cup holders and glove box space. Front end looks to much like the PT.

All About My Little Wagon!
By edmondsmd

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It rides very smooth. I'm 6'6 and its the most spacious compact car I've ever owned. I own a computer repair business and I'm absolutely nuts about the shelf in the rear cargo area not to mention the 61 cubic feet of cargo room. I had one problem with a passengers side kick board that came loose sometime right around when I bought it. The dealership took care of it promptly.

Auxilary input jack, shelf in the back, spacious interior, the car's elevated disposition

Improve rear blind spots, particularily on driver's side. Also, the front windshield needs to be larger. Passengers should have handles on the ceiling for when I make some crazy turns!

HHR water leaks
By BRANDOGGY

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My '08 panel HHR developed a water leak somewhere in the body of the vehicle. The dealer had it for a week and say they fixed the problem. That is yet to be determined. Problem was found when I took it for an oil change and discovered 3 lights out. I took it to the dealer and there was 2 inches of water in the rear floorboard from where the rain got in. The water shorted out the electrical system. My advise is to keep a close eye on your HHR particularly in the back seat area. If you detect an oder of mildew or notice any lights out, take it to the dealer at once. Other than this problem I love the vehicle

Outside appearance. Good power and good MPG

Too many blind spots. Interior design is poor.