Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

From Explorer to HHR
By Landis

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to trade in my Explorer Limited to save on gas and to do that was tough because I loved that truck. I tested the Equinox (didn't like gas mileage)for the heck of it look at the HHR and I have never looked back. This car has lots of room to carry stuff and the gas mileage is the best I've ever had in the 30 years I've been driving cars. The only thing I disliked on this car is the window controls but that's been changed for the '09 model I think.

Favorite Features

OnStar, tire pressure monitoring, remote start, rear storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Window control on door panel instead, more lighting in cabin area, center console versus armrest.

Enjoy the HHR
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle in May mainly due to (1) an immediate need for a vehicle, (2) a desire to get better gas mileage and (3) a very good Memorial Day weekend sale. I have been pleasantly surprised by the vehicle. It is fun to drive and has more pep than I expected.

Favorite Features

Storage space, comfort, surprisingly large back seat - fits all three of my kids comfortably, remote start, heating/cooling system

Suggested Improvements

As everyone has mentioned, window buttons and cup holders. For me, especially the cup holders. They are just at a bad location for the design of the front interior.

Wonderful Car
By Joel

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car, pretty happy with it so far. In my opinion its a nice car for the money and gets very good gas mileage. Nice and roomy for small family of 4. I disliked it at first thinking it was going to be like a PT Cruiser and I was wrong and sold when I test drove it. It was exactly what I was looking for. So I suggest if you're thinking about looking for a roomy family vehicle that you can haul stuff if you want then this is the perfect car for you.

My favorite ride
By Connie

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wow! I bought my HHR almost 1 year ago and I still love it. It is the first vehicle I have owned that did not have new car bugs or problems. I have not had to take it back to the dealer even once since I bought it. I bought the Victory Red version, and the paint still glistens. The interior is holding up very well. The features are amazing for the price range. Gas mileage is excellent. Power to go is there. Handling is good except behind a 18 wheeler on the interstate then you get buffeted around a bit. I would (and have) recommend this vehicle to my friends.

Favorite Features

Remote start is #1 espcially in cold weather. XM radio and OnStar. Cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Put the window controls back on the doors

Fun car
By Darkboi13

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my HHR for over a year and still love it like the day I bought it. It's reliable, great gas mileage, and it's fun to drive. I like the cargo net option and the fold down seats. I've packed a lot of my belongings with the back seats down. The optional ipod jack is great as well for long drives.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats, tinted windows, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders are under the armrests when in use? Annoying