2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Worst car I ever bought
By Scortch on 01/01/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Worst mistake I ever made in purchasing a car. It's a really nice car to look at but, that's it. The all plastic interior just reaks of cheap. The front windshield has you leaning up into the steering wheel to see when the red light changes. No console and thus no decent storage space. The little thing they put on the dash is very lacking. The seats are uncomfortable. The space between you and the passenger is almost non existant. Really cramped feeling. No console between seats and the cup holders are the worst I have ever seen in any vehicle. The arm rest sit too low to be of any use. Window control location is very poor. Rear seat room is very poor.

Excellent value for the money
By john g on 11/23/07 08:45 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I also own an 05 HHR, and they are similar. Opt for the ABS and side airbags. OnStar is super, worth the money. This car doesn't do anything super, but it doesn't do anything really bad either, and I paid $15,200 for my 08 with the automatic transmission and one year of on-star. Pinebelt "etched" my windows for $299 and said it was "standard procedure" although I didn't really want it. It was a pure money maker for them, but the deal was still sweet. If you want a reliable, good looking economy car, this is an excellent choice, and I would buy another one when in the market.

Nice, but...
By ScottWPS on 10/19/07 22:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from F250 4dr diesel, I cried. Owned 3 wks now, avg 800mi/wk. Still miss truck! Likes; 27mpg avg, rides tall/nice, XM radio, AC can cool 3bdrm house, remote start, chrome pkg, good space for its size, mid-life-criss-red, cool looks. Dislikes; 2.2L slow (b careful pulling into traffic), tan interior dirties easily, drop on-star(?), 6' tall-rt leg cramps-seat won't go back far enough, MGP counter .2 to 1mi/gal optimistic vs actual calc. Totally useless; armrests block rr cupholder, at nite-interior lights in rearview mirror useless & sunvisor completly useless when pulled toward the dr side window! Needs sm diesel opt. After 17.5mpg in that big F250 want only diesel engines-(pwr + mpg!)

HHR
By Joe on 10/03/07 09:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got the car a few days ago, and am enjoying the ride so far. Ratings are relative to the price and segment. For the price, we couldh't have gotten a better car. My wife and I didn't want to get another HoHum sedan (at least not until we are pushing 60), and we also wanted a car that seated 4 comfortably, with a smooth ride. HHR fit the bill. Car handles better than what I read about it. Not perfect, but handles well. I am very happy with this purchase.

Fun Road Tripper
By Tony from Atlanta on 07/18/07 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I think you either love or hate the design of this car. I love it. Funky, weird, retro. I thought it was unique until I bought one, now I see them everywhere! Economical and seemingly well built. Bought the car and put 3K miles on it in two weeks! Took it from GA to FL on a roadtrip. Fun, comfortable, great gas mileage. I was impressed with the AC too I havent had it long, but I did a lot of homework and it seems like a very good car compared to its peers, for features and functions. I am glad to be able to buy an American car again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.