2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Loads of fun to drive
By aah on 05/11/08 22:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my HHR for about a month. I bought the 2LT model with the 2.4L engine. All I can say is the car is loads of fun to drive. I keep finding excuses to just get in the car and go somewhere. Performance-wise, the 2.4L engine is decent if a bit slow on initial acceleration. Handling is actually pretty good with the improved suspension that comes with the 2LT package. Brakes are a bit weak though. Interior room is great. I traded in an '03 Sonata and the HHR has a lot more room in the driver's seat and is much more comfortable to drive. Visibility can be a bit of an issue until you get used to its blind spots.

It'll grow on you!
By ted Sheldon on 05/08/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned all sorts of cars and trucks, very easy to get comfortable. I drive a lot and I hate a vehicle that you constantly have to adjust the seat. With Gas over priced, I don't try to race light to light, I cruise a little slower than most and am got 31.5 mpg last tank (split city/hwy).

Favorite "commuter" car
By george on 05/02/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this card to provide an ecomonical, comfortable, ride for my long trips. I visit customers throughout upstate New York and take weekly trips of 2 to 5 hours. I've had the car but a few days and it is living up to my expectations. It is economical to run and has a great ride! Comfortable on the highways, and a bit sporty on the back roads.

Forget the other models.....get the SS!
By drstein1977 on 04/27/08 15:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought this car last week, SS models are hard to come by. I have to say I am glad I didn't get the 2lt, this thing blows away the other HHRs I test drove. I have the automatic so there's less HP but the design and features on this thing are second to none. No turbo lag and this thing hugs corners as well as my 2000 Trans AM WS6! Definitely a good family car with a very sporty edge! Two tone interior is nice. Extra options I bought: 7speaker pioneer system, sunroof, XM radio, and other cool stuff. Definitely get the SS!

Very Fun Car
By HHRfan on 04/20/08 18:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before I bought my HHR, but I was surprised at just how fun this car really is. There are a lot of extras and small touches that make the car something special. Of all the cars I've ever owned, this one makes the best impression. Contrary to some reviews I've read, the handling is fun. The ride is as smooth as glass, and the steering is very responsive. It's amazing how tight it turns in parking situations. I can make u-turns in very, very tight circles. The small windows and windshield give the car a fun attitude when you drive, too. The novelty of the doesn't get in the way, though. It's not over the top. It's just fun. My favorite car ever.

2008 is not a 2006 or 2007
By David on 04/18/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it 30 days ago. Love it. Got a LT loaded, Leather seats and all. Big difference with a loaded HHR and a basic HHR. Cost was 18K.

2.4LT
By Matthew on 04/17/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I would say I am generally happy with the car. The gas mileage is fine (mid 20's), the power is fine (the gear ratios need to be adjusted), the options are very good (I opted for all options) and the ergonomics is good. It is very weasy to get my daughter in and out of the center rear seat, the rear volume is better than I orig thought and the styling is unique.The two things I would change would be the location of the power window controls and the number of cup holders available. The only complaint is the the roof liner glue does not hold with sunroof models and the dealer does not have a clue as to how to fix the issue. I would recommend this car to a friend or family member.

Lots of Fun for Little Money
By Susan on 04/15/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't set out to buy the HHR but when I saw everything it offered I'd be foolish not to! My Equinox lease was up and wanted better fuel economy and lower payments.I have been averaging 24 MPG. With gas at over 3.45/gal this is awesome. Purchase price was low -allowed me to buy it keeping payments in line with my lease. Rides smoother than the Equinox and cargo space is the same or even more.I really love the manueverability - it has a much bigger turning radius compared to the Equinox - I just zip in and out of places. I knew pick up would be slower but it makes me drive safer. It does get a lot of looks - either you love it or hate it. I like different anyway so it's right up my alley

Proven Wrong
By goodsinbad73 on 04/04/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle 1 week now and I must say I am now on the bandwagon. At over 6'2 lots of room to spare. I love my panel it gets looks from everywhere. There are only 2 bad flaws I have found. Because the front tires are so big they throw dirt and rocks..fix. Get running boards or tire guards. 2nd. Because of my height the window controls for both windows are in a bad spot if you need to roll down while in motion. They should be located in the door. It is flawless other than that. I love it.

I really love this car.
By Michael on 03/27/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The styling, accessories, feel, and comfort are great. I do agree that the braking and handling need some improvement. But all in all, I'm very happy that I bought this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.