2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Chevy HHR Review
By Awesome Car on 03/18/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Chevy HHR in October 07 and I'm totally pleased with this car. Went from a Subaru with a very choppy uncomfortable ride to my 08 Chevy HHR which rides smooth has great storage excellent control panel giving all the stats you would want/need. Example tire pressure, oil life, temp etc. Overall I feel this small SUV gives far more space then PT Cruiser with better styling and ride.

Nice Little 'UV Wagon
By Boston Guy on 03/12/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good after two weeks of new-car ownership. I traded an 04 Chevy Astro Van with AWD for my HHR 2LT with the 2.4L 172HP Ecotec engine. Gas mileage is not as high as I was expecting, so I am trying to modify my driving habits a bit and see if that makes a difference. Right now I average about 24mpg between in-town and highway miles. The larger engine gives adequate pick-up at on-ramps onto the highways, and I have found myself going 85mph without trying! Quiet and very smooth ride for a small car.

Looks Great
By Kim on 03/05/08 19:35 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed the ride but there is a bit of a blind spot at the edge of the windshield and the side window. Take an extra second to watch for pedestrians. I also see they overestimated gas mileage efficency. I'm about 20 mpg not at all near the 30/24 on the window sticker. I drive mostly in the city so I know that doesn't help. The car size is great for the city but I chose stylish over hybrid because the mileage estimates were the same. I would have stayed with the hybriyd choice had I known the mileage was going to be so far off. It does always get a "wow" and I never had a car before that did. The double looks it gets have been fun to see.

Amazing
By sirwillo on 02/29/08 10:11 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR has been a huge surprise. I paid 14k for a new 2008 ls. It is far suprior to other cars in its class when it comes to usablility and comfort. The most impressive part of this vehicle is how smooth and comfortable the ride is. I travel about 30k a year so I needed a vehicle that would get great gas mileage (i avg 33 on highway) and was comfortable enought to drive for 5 - 6 hours in. On top of that the storage area is awesome. Lots of space in the rear witha great changing configuration.

Better than my past 08 Scion xb
By swartz on 02/24/08 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was able to trade in a 08 Scion XB after seeing an 08 orange HHR panel wagon. The drive was smooth. Wish I had purchased it in the first place. The Scion was very limited in color selection, had lower MPG, tough to see stop lights, only one back up light, even with a pioneer stereo the sound was not as good as the HHR's. Buying American was nice. I just love the HHR!

Great car, auto light control issue
By Eric on 02/24/08 14:03 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but sheer enjoyment from this car since I purchased it. The engine is very well powered for a 4-cylinder, road noise is much quieter than a lot of other models, and MPGs are good considering the amount of storage space and the fact you can easily fit 4 large adults in the car. I read there used to be an issue with stone chipping on previous models, however 2008 comes with a thick protective film on the surfaces at risk from stones and that film seems to work great. Even the film doesn't show signs of impact. Only issue has been my auto light sensor failing. Sometimes it won't allow parking and interior lights to come on with headlights. Manual override doesn't work.

HHR PRETTY HAPPY
By SUNNY FLORIDA on 02/19/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

6 months 8000 miles. Needed 2 trips to dealer to fix warped brake rotors and drums, broken rear hatch latch replaced. paid $19K for a leftovr 07, listed for $23K. The car delivers decent comfort & performance for price. It feels reliable, motor and trans. are okay. You will not feel or hear motor inside car, vibrates less then Japanese cars. Fuel economy is not up to par, I am averaging 17 MPG with mostly city driving. I use it for deliveries, hauling family stuff etc. Nice fold downs & roomy. Rattle free, I like the interior very much, simple, elegant nice fit finish. I am happy, although car is far from perfect, see suggested improvements below.

Great choice
By 98zq8 on 02/18/08 08:19 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 08 LS Auto is fabulous. 2.2 motor 149hp is more than adequate despite the heavy vehicle. Ride is soft as expected and comfortable. We use this as a family hauler with two kids 3 and 4. They can actually get in all by themselves unlike the large SUV guzzlers out there. This is an inexpensive, economy vehicle with some flair and modern features. The info panel is fantastic and interior versatility is top notch. GM is offering the goods to the lower price buyers for a change, not just the monster SUV crowd. Interior quality is better than expected for price and segment. I think it looks more premium than the msrp commanded. Replacement parts are inexpensive too (brakes, rotors,etc)

Good so far
By AmyF on 02/05/08 18:54 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We've had our HHR now one month, and we like it so far. Roomy for the kids, and I like not having to bend over when putting my 2 yr old in his car seat. Ive been slowly getting used to the design of the windshield (kinda small) and I keep forgetting where my window controls are, and Im a little surprised at the lack of console storage... there is none! There's the small storage bin in the dash, but I dont have anywhere to put CD's, kleenex, and other "junk"...maybe that's a good thing as my husband would prob say. Okay mpg, but not where we want it yet. We plan to change to synthetic oil and a K&N Air filter when the oil needs changed. All in all, we love the car so far. Very sporty!

Excellent car/suv
By joe7978 on 02/02/08 07:54 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car with lots of uses. I bought mine back in November and I love it. It gets decent fuel economy, and the driver information center is great for knowing whats going on with the rest of the car. I actually was able to fold the front passenger seat all the way down put a lap top on top of it plug the lap top into the i pod jack and watch movies it was like having a mobile theater! As far as the tan interior goes I would recommend putting a little scotch guard down to help with mess prevention. All in all a great car, you will not be disapointed!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.