Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Fun Car
By Reb

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Chevy I ever bought new and I am quite happy with it. It is fun to drive, great looks and flexible. I got it with the running boards and roof rack it finishes of the car. The ride is much better then I anticipated.

Look Flexible and gas miles.

More storage room up front.

My Favorite Ride!
By Lippy

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Actually fell for this car first time I saw it. Been waiting a few years for GM to work out the bugs in it. I love it, and is just fun to drive. Gas mileage great, and enjoy driving the 5-speed manual for a change. Love the retro body style!

Love the shape, handling, and also the placement of the window openers! Gas mileage great, and also feel I received a really good price on the vehicle for what I got. Also like the OnStar feature.

Not sure, but I know GM will come up with something!

You get what you pay for
By Murgatriyd

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Serves its purpose for my wife's business. Very good cargo room with the seats folded down. Decent interior room. We looked at everything in that class that was under 20 thousand and this seemed like the best.

The cargo room. Seems like it's built solidly. The highway mileage is very good. Just got back from a trip and averaged 29 on the highway.

Improve the steering. Move the window controls. Put a center console in. Improve the seats, not very comfortable and also seem too high. Rear hatch does not go high enough for anyone over 5'10".

2008 HHR LT
By Big Dog

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since Purchase have put 8K on with no issues at all. 2LT Pkg great and radio with upgraded speakers is very good. Car comfortable but I will never get used to the window buttons in the middle console! 17 inch tires great on dry pavement/wet but snow is so-so. Well satistfied so far!

Stereo, leather power heated seats. Looks with chrome pkg, Good MPG, in dash storage compartment.

Relocate window controls, also need more storage somewhere

Love this car
By Phil Burch

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I have made 2 trips from Phx. Az to Bogalusa, Louisiana (1551 miles) this year and have averaged over 37 miles per gallon. Our gas only cost us $60 each way. Not bad at all. It is very comfortable on a long trip and has plenty of space for luggage and our dog. On the long stretches I put it on cruise control and she just hummed up and down hills. We love this car.

We like the Cardinal Red paint scheme cause it almost looks like Candy Apple Red. The interior is clean and everything is handy. The seats are very comfortable and the instruments are clear and visible. The storage under the rear deck is also very convenient. We also like the running boards.

I can't think of any. They have pretty much hit the nail on the head with this car. This is my 10th Chevy.