2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
My Panel
By blake on 05/29/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Found that the car had more than enough power (2.4) for quick acceleration. Handling was good and the antilock brakes work great in all weather. Also found Panel easy to park in town

Fun to Drive
By bb on 05/26/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my HHR a couple days ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. I went with a pretty stripped-down model, but the difference in features wasn't worth the extra money. I would recommend the 5-speed over the automatic, the ride is a lot better and it's really a lot more fun. If you can afford a little more the SS model is awesome, but I didn't feel it was worth 8k more then the basic LS model that I purchased. It's a very smooth ride for a smaller car, handles nicely on the freeway and driving through town, plus they unique style gets a lot of looks and compliments.

Fun/Sassy Car
By Economical on 05/25/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle a couple days didn't like the look of it until I drove it and then actually changed my mind. The gas mileage seems like it will live up to its word which is excellent due to the ever rising prices. It seems to handle well. It's pretty sharp looking. I cant wait to take it on a road trip. The cargo area is spacious. Center console is really up on dash which is neat I guess it takes place of non existant middle console. To me it has the feel of an SUV which I like. I feel the value was great for the money.

Sweet!
By Joe on 05/24/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am used to driving big trucks, but in order to economize I was on a search for a smaller car that had personality. Was I in for a big surprise, the vehicle feels big inside with plenty of headroom and elbow room to spare (I'm 6'0' and about 200 LBS) interior has really good fit and finish although the materials can be a little better, it has plenty of storage space with many hidden compartments. Engine performance impressed me because it does not feel like the if the vehicle is coming apart on hard acceleration, handling and braking are both top notch and they work hand in hand with the engine power. I drove the 2.2L and 2.4L engine's but I will definetly suggest upgrading to the SS.

Kathy Lee's lil bugger (not bug)
By kathy lee on 05/21/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I can find absolutely nothing wrong with this car. I love where the window buttons are to let the windows up and down. I like the size, the chairarms position and movability. Only thing I got a crack in the windshield in Jan. '08 and haven't gotten it fixed yet. My husband called at that time they were not even in stock for the new HHR's.

Good Car
By Brian M on 05/20/08 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a 2008 shadow edition with the leather interior. Very comfortable. Only issue is that it is back in the shop for tire issues due to vibration after 105 miles. Both rear tires are to be replaced by the dealer. Otherwise, great car!

Blind spot
By vickysuzzy on 05/20/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great little wagon! Fun to drive, and I am getting 31 miles to the gallon. The only thing I wish was different is how wide the bracing for the windshild is . It makes you look twice to be sure nothing is coming, that may be a good thing

2008 HHR SS
By Lew Jump on 05/15/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought the SS HHR a few weeks ago and I have few complaints. The car looks and drives great - I especially like the turbo power for passing and climbing hills. The front bucket seats are made for small, slim people. I'm 5' 7" and if I was one inch taller, my head would touch the roof. The seat side bolsters bite into the side of my back - not too comfortable on long trips. After a 1,200 mile trip last weekend I got 25.2 mpg but the tailpipe got really carboned up and the oil got pretty dirty. Dealer says "it's normal" - which I doubt. Oil was somewhat overfilled from the factory and I'm hoping it just blew out, causing the tailpipe (somewhat oily) buildup - time will tell.

Excellent Car for Fun and Economy
By James on 05/12/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car a month ago after researching the auto, it is well made and fun to drive. I have owned cars and still own multiple autos. This is fun to drive and a great car for the commute to work. I really like this auto, already placed 1300 miles on the auto.

Wow
By don on 05/12/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my HHR for only a week now but have logged about 300 miles. The 2.2 motor has enough power to get around and gets outstanding fuel econ. Im avgering 25 mpg in western PA! The price was right, I would recomend it to any family member, (this is coming from a Dodge man). Chevy has restored my confidence in GM vehicles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.