Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT Wagon Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

WORST CAR EVER/CHEVY WORST CUST. SERV. DENIED HELP
By Karen Chacon

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have ever purchased. It is rickety, tinny, bumpy ANDDD part of an ignition recall. My daughter at college, Arizona freeway 75 mph, loses all power, no power steering. this happens 6 times! avoiding death or serious injury from vehicles on the freeway. Had it to 4 garages before we knew about recall and no one could diagnose the problem. Had ignition fixed, and now this morning, same. 75mph, Semi swerves to miss crushing her. I call GM, they say sorry, not enough people have called/complained or died to help us. Car dealerships won't take it as a trade in because of all the complaints. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
CHEVY AND GM REFUSED TO HELP US. NOONE CARED ABOUT OUR SAFETY OR LIVES. THANKS CHEVY/GM! WOULD YOU GIVE THIS CAR TO YOUR LOVED ONE?

I love my car
By Patsy

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It rides and drives great. It's fun, comfortable, smooth, and peppy. My mom has a Toyota Camry, and this little car rides just as good. Does good on gas, and is equipped the same as a luxury car. The back is great for hauling groceries, and the seats lay down for hauling larger items. I went from a full size SUV, and I have'nt missed a thing. The extended warranty GM offers is great. I hope to have this car for a long time. I am slowly adding new accessories to dress her up. This vehicle is like a little truck, SUV, and car all in one. Why would anyone want a regular vehicle when you can have one of these. Drive one, love it!

The smooth ride, it's peppy, fuel economy, fun to drive, sporty, and luxury all in one. Great sound system, great features on my LT. Lumbar seats are comfy. Plenty of leg and head room. GM offers a good warranty. I wanted to buy American, and I am glad I did. You will love this car.

The only thing I wish I would have gotten would be the 6 CD player, verses the 1 CD player. I have a lot of old tapes, no tape player. But The radio is great, so I find myself not using the CD player as much. I have the panel LT, had to get used to using my mirrors.

My Panel
By blake

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Found that the car had more than enough power (2.4) for quick acceleration. Handling was good and the antilock brakes work great in all weather. Also found Panel easy to park in town

The XM radio matched to the Pionner sound system was thumping and the leather seats were comfortable on a long ride (5 hrs)

A little more headroom is needed with sunroof

Excellent Car for Fun and Economy
By James

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car a month ago after researching the auto, it is well made and fun to drive. I have owned cars and still own multiple autos. This is fun to drive and a great car for the commute to work. I really like this auto, already placed 1300 miles on the auto.

OnStar, and dash is easy to read. Simple controls and radio controls easy to access and use.