2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
handy liitle thing
By Dom on 04/05/10 16:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just a handy cute little car. it's comfort seating sit high like a truck good visibility. rides good very fuel economical have done 6.9l/100km in ideal conditions. winter driving affects it i do closer to 8.9/100km. over all very satisfied. except a few front end noises, has to do with suspension, but i had no problem getting them replaced (stabalizer bars)and they could be removed for someone that does not want to be bothered with replacing them.

little white ice cream truck
By SikesPros on 09/07/09 16:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

drives excellent,tires keep going low,nice quiet smooth ride...easy handling..nice stock stereo,cmfo seats,adjustable armrest.

Back in black and no windows
By Dennis L on 07/08/09 05:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A head turner you'd think I have the only black panel hhr in NE ohio. I put custom black wheels on it and that is it. Everyone has something positive to say about it everywhere I happen to park. A friend at work bought one a week after seeing mine. Nuff said there, contagious I say! I have to admit I first only bought because I nailed the price. The dealership didn't even fill my tank! I stole it and really didn't care that the only gas left was what I had put in it for my test drive. I don't use cheap gas anyway in my cars (there is a difference in performance), I don't care what you drive. So the HHR has won me over and the vehicle is perfect for my horse duties, the truck stays put.

Had mine 2 weeks
By Keith on 08/10/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with most of the other reviews. It is fun to drive. Great on gas. And many features for the money.The remote start will be nice in the winter. I'm not an autoworker but I would like to see GM make the HHR at the Morine plant that's going to close next year. I think that would be a good move for GM and the people in Morine.

HHR water leaks
By BRANDOGGY on 08/06/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My '08 panel HHR developed a water leak somewhere in the body of the vehicle. The dealer had it for a week and say they fixed the problem. That is yet to be determined. Problem was found when I took it for an oil change and discovered 3 lights out. I took it to the dealer and there was 2 inches of water in the rear floorboard from where the rain got in. The water shorted out the electrical system. My advise is to keep a close eye on your HHR particularly in the back seat area. If you detect an oder of mildew or notice any lights out, take it to the dealer at once. Other than this problem I love the vehicle

Love it !
By randalljay on 06/26/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought an 08 Scion xB,but didn't care for only one arm rest, single back up light, poor color selection, cheap fabric and no floor mats. We were lucky enough to find an Orange HHR that had a quarter panel (not a full panel). Since we needed at least five seats, the full panel wagon was out of the question. something about the missing side rear windows that make this car very appealing. The quarter panel is a great place for self-expression. The placement of the window controls is a little weird and takes a while to get use to. For some reason I keep hitting my shins on the door when I get out. On the plus side, the OnStar is great, it's American, has lots of room, and it comes with mats.

Proven Wrong
By goodsinbad73 on 04/04/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle 1 week now and I must say I am now on the bandwagon. At over 6'2 lots of room to spare. I love my panel it gets looks from everywhere. There are only 2 bad flaws I have found. Because the front tires are so big they throw dirt and rocks..fix. Get running boards or tire guards. 2nd. Because of my height the window controls for both windows are in a bad spot if you need to roll down while in motion. They should be located in the door. It is flawless other than that. I love it.

Better than my past 08 Scion xb
By swartz on 02/24/08 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was able to trade in a 08 Scion XB after seeing an 08 orange HHR panel wagon. The drive was smooth. Wish I had purchased it in the first place. The Scion was very limited in color selection, had lower MPG, tough to see stop lights, only one back up light, even with a pioneer stereo the sound was not as good as the HHR's. Buying American was nice. I just love the HHR!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.