Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS Wagon Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

handy liitle thing
By Dom

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just a handy cute little car. it's comfort seating sit high like a truck good visibility. rides good very fuel economical have done 6.9l/100km in ideal conditions. winter driving affects it i do closer to 8.9/100km. over all very satisfied. except a few front end noises, has to do with suspension, but i had no problem getting them replaced (stabalizer bars)and they could be removed for someone that does not want to be bothered with replacing them.

like the look, and the space for the size of car the seating room

A little more horse power(it is a bit sluggish)and would be great if it would have integral traction for the winter

little white ice cream truck
By SikesPros

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

drives excellent,tires keep going low,nice quiet smooth ride...easy handling..nice stock stereo,cmfo seats,adjustable armrest.

stereo ,dash styling,adjustable seats,,onstar...auto design...YOU GO GM !!!

Darker tint in panel models,for security reasons.Rear upper bumper guards. Total vehicle lift,panel model...more cupholders in front and rear...maybe push popouts.more opening range for all panel models DOORS.

Back in black and no windows
By Dennis L

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A head turner you'd think I have the only black panel hhr in NE ohio. I put custom black wheels on it and that is it. Everyone has something positive to say about it everywhere I happen to park. A friend at work bought one a week after seeing mine. Nuff said there, contagious I say! I have to admit I first only bought because I nailed the price. The dealership didn't even fill my tank! I stole it and really didn't care that the only gas left was what I had put in it for my test drive. I don't use cheap gas anyway in my cars (there is a difference in performance), I don't care what you drive. So the HHR has won me over and the vehicle is perfect for my horse duties, the truck stays put.

Style, performance of the 2.2L. Paint is really nice and deep shine. Handles well and is quiet. Seats for a 6'3" guy are very comfortable, leg room is great. Stock radio and speakers are really good. That shocked me how well the sound is for a stock item. No windows means less heat when parked.

Telescopic steering wheel. A better hidden muffler. I'm going to paint mine black to match the Panel Wagon.

Had mine 2 weeks
By Keith

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with most of the other reviews. It is fun to drive. Great on gas. And many features for the money.The remote start will be nice in the winter. I'm not an autoworker but I would like to see GM make the HHR at the Morine plant that's going to close next year. I think that would be a good move for GM and the people in Morine.

The retro back end and tinted windows. Dask with tack and control center.

Gas cap should be on the other side also higher front window, cup holders and glove box space. Front end looks to much like the PT.

HHR water leaks
By BRANDOGGY

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My '08 panel HHR developed a water leak somewhere in the body of the vehicle. The dealer had it for a week and say they fixed the problem. That is yet to be determined. Problem was found when I took it for an oil change and discovered 3 lights out. I took it to the dealer and there was 2 inches of water in the rear floorboard from where the rain got in. The water shorted out the electrical system. My advise is to keep a close eye on your HHR particularly in the back seat area. If you detect an oder of mildew or notice any lights out, take it to the dealer at once. Other than this problem I love the vehicle

Outside appearance. Good power and good MPG

Too many blind spots. Interior design is poor.