Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR LT Wagon Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Don't buy this car
By Steven smith

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2008 Chevy hhr 2lt with the 2.4 engine. For two years I have been deal with a major brake problem the master cylinder and power brake booster has been replaced and to this day the break paddle goes to the floor. It's has been to the dealer and to brake max and they can't even fix the problem all they do is bleed the system. And you can forget it out. don't even think about doing emergency stop because the brake pedal just goes to the floor it's kind of scary when you're doing 65 miles an hour down the freeway.

The HHR that couldn't
By Very

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When the car hit 100.000 miles it stated to be an on going money pit new transmission new starter...door locks would not work engine blew up nothing but problems don't buy one!

Mislead
By cmmarob

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a VW Passat wagon.
I was getting 26-28 MPG on the highway.
A friend told me about the HHR and that I would receive better gas mileage.
I traded for the HHR and got between 24 and 26 MPG.
Very disappointing to say the least!
Also the space in the back with the seat down is probably around 12 cubic feet smaller than the Passat.
Another great disappointment.
The interior uses a lot of cheap plastics and the window switches are on the center console.
I have owned the car for 2 years and I still have to look for the switches every time I go to use them.

I do like the storage space under the back floor, but what I would like more would be a deeper well in the back for hauling tools and stuff. I find that the stuff I store in the storage space is stuff I almost never use.

I think Chevy should really consider redesigning the entire interior to make it more spacious, solid and more user friendly.

Some issues
By akaskyhigh

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a few problems with this car.First of all the rotors are always getting warped.I have replaced them several times and still happens again.The right rear passenger window motor has gone out.None of the tire pressure gauges work any longer.The rear seat has gotten cramped since the kids have grown up some.But the gas mileage is great though no doubt.I have 147,000 miles and have had no engine problems.I have noticed if I pull up to a light and I am first I have to lean forward to see the light.

Great gas mileage and when back seat is laid down you can put lots in rear.

Fix rear right window motor problem.Figure out why tire pressure gauges never work.

Great Little Hauler
By Notcho Trouble

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Usually drive with the back seats folded down. Use to haul lots of items for work and play. Made a carpet for the folded down area and use plastic if hauling something that's dirty. It fits quickly into the hidden storage. Great in the winter I have oversize tires on alloy wheels. Had a problem with brake wobble but dealership took care of it. It does take me longer to get somewhere cause everyone stops to ask me how I like my HHR Looking to buy another one.

Great radio and XM. Fun to drive and parks anywhere. It's my clownmobile.. the arm rests are great..

Window buttons in the middle take some getting used to. Needs a center console for drinks, and would like a roof handle to hang onto when riding..