Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Get What You Pay For
By mrsyam

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car after our first child was born. We bought it used with 25K miles on it and save a bunch of money than buying it new. It was great at first, but then all sorts of issues started popping up. The rotors have needed replaced 3 different times due to grinding. The CD player stopped working for some reason, but the dealership replaced it for free. The drivers side lock always sticks and I've gotten locked out of my car before with my children in the car because the key fobs also are cheaply made and don't work properly. The newest issue is that the Passlock feature is malfunctioning due to a microchip error in the ignition!!! Trading in for something else.

Favorite Features

Body, hatch back

Suggested Improvements

Get ride of the Passlock system!

Good Car but has some problems.
By FFDice

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car ever. I always liked the look of classic cars and this car caught my eye. I bought this car during the gas price boom and it didn't disappoint me. Average MPG 24- 26. The car does have some squeaks and problems, but still a good car. Dealership has taken care of all my concerns. Back seats lower and can haul a lot of stuff as long as its not filthy dirty.

Favorite Features

Good looking car, OnStar is a plus, has all the bells and whistles. I like the small front windshield. Great gas mileage, good handling, and good acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest is too small, needs better reliable parts. Had mold growing on the condenser, stabilizer bars on the front end needed replaced. Rear door locking mechanism needed replaced. The front of the flare for the rear tires are all scratched up. Chevy should put mud flaps on all of them.

My HHR
By bonnie2008

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I went to a local dealership to look at the a HHR we liked what we saw and we got a fantastic price, our HHR only had 19 miles on the odd and we paid only 13.500.00 for this model. We couldn't be more happier with what we now own. We haven't had one leak we own a 5speed we have great car and we love it

Favorite Features

NEW NEW NEW great car stereo,great ride ,comfortable, quick, great on gas mileage,makes trips fun to take again dependable

Suggested Improvements

I really don't have many at all, I would like to have front mad flaps that's about all

Few Bugs
By sortafan

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty much got what we paid for. Fun to drive (once you learn how to see out of it), great storage and gas mileage in the 30 mpg range thanks to mostly freeway driving. You get used to the quirky window control placements and cup holder issues. But remotes both failed, radiator sprung a leak and ignition failed (couldn't turn off engine one day). Those thing shouldn't happen in first two years.

Favorite Features

Ease of folding down seats, retro look, storage capacity -- holds a bicycle with right set of handlebars.

Suggested Improvements

Air filter more accessible, spare that works on front tires as well.

HHR good but needs improvements
By star5838

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in 2008. It really does get 30-32 MPG highway. It is very versatile and easy to drive. You get a lot of nice features for your money. I drive 400-500 miles per week so I spend a lot of time in mine.

Favorite Features

I like the tinted windows, on-star, great leg room (front and back seating). We are tall people with long legs. I can whip a u-turn in a tight spot with ease, and it is a nice little wagon for small loads, trips to the garden store or such.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the shifter for the automatic! Very poorly located cup holders! It the useless shifter was on the column the cup holders could be located forward. The arm rests are dismal, cheesy, at the wrong height and uncomfortable at best, and they armrests make it awkward to latch the safety belts.