2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Mislead
By cmmarob on 02/03/14 08:26 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a VW Passat wagon. I was getting 26-28 MPG on the highway. A friend told me about the HHR and that I would receive better gas mileage. I traded for the HHR and got between 24 and 26 MPG. Very disappointing to say the least! Also the space in the back with the seat down is probably around 12 cubic feet smaller than the Passat. Another great disappointment. The interior uses a lot of cheap plastics and the window switches are on the center console. I have owned the car for 2 years and I still have to look for the switches every time I go to use them.

Some issues
By akaskyhigh on 06/04/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a few problems with this car.First of all the rotors are always getting warped.I have replaced them several times and still happens again.The right rear passenger window motor has gone out.None of the tire pressure gauges work any longer.The rear seat has gotten cramped since the kids have grown up some.But the gas mileage is great though no doubt.I have 147,000 miles and have had no engine problems.I have noticed if I pull up to a light and I am first I have to lean forward to see the light.

Get What You Pay For
By mrsyam on 05/26/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car after our first child was born. We bought it used with 25K miles on it and save a bunch of money than buying it new. It was great at first, but then all sorts of issues started popping up. The rotors have needed replaced 3 different times due to grinding. The CD player stopped working for some reason, but the dealership replaced it for free. The drivers side lock always sticks and I've gotten locked out of my car before with my children in the car because the key fobs also are cheaply made and don't work properly. The newest issue is that the Passlock feature is malfunctioning due to a microchip error in the ignition!!! Trading in for something else.

Good Car but has some problems.
By FFDice on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car ever. I always liked the look of classic cars and this car caught my eye. I bought this car during the gas price boom and it didn't disappoint me. Average MPG 24- 26. The car does have some squeaks and problems, but still a good car. Dealership has taken care of all my concerns. Back seats lower and can haul a lot of stuff as long as its not filthy dirty.

My HHR
By bonnie2008 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I went to a local dealership to look at the a HHR we liked what we saw and we got a fantastic price, our HHR only had 19 miles on the odd and we paid only 13.500.00 for this model. We couldn't be more happier with what we now own. We haven't had one leak we own a 5speed we have great car and we love it

Great Little Hauler
By Notcho Trouble on 06/19/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Usually drive with the back seats folded down. Use to haul lots of items for work and play. Made a carpet for the folded down area and use plastic if hauling something that's dirty. It fits quickly into the hidden storage. Great in the winter I have oversize tires on alloy wheels. Had a problem with brake wobble but dealership took care of it. It does take me longer to get somewhere cause everyone stops to ask me how I like my HHR Looking to buy another one.

Buyer Beware
By michaellrar on 06/12/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for the "fun factor" and was disappointed. It has massive blind spots. Also thought I purchased new and the dealership sold me a demo and did not tell me. Found out after I got my papers in the mail. The controls for the window are in an unsafe place (they have since fixed that I heard). The drink cup holders are a joke at best. I am a big guy so the seat belts take an act of congress to fasten. And did I mention the wimpy armrest that points down when lowered. The tires have the constant tire pressure monitoring system so I am constantly refilling the tires. Needless to say I only drive it about 6,000 miles per year and that is when my daily driver (a 2002 honda civic) is being serviced.

Few Bugs
By sortafan on 05/21/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty much got what we paid for. Fun to drive (once you learn how to see out of it), great storage and gas mileage in the 30 mpg range thanks to mostly freeway driving. You get used to the quirky window control placements and cup holder issues. But remotes both failed, radiator sprung a leak and ignition failed (couldn't turn off engine one day). Those thing shouldn't happen in first two years.

Great Vehicle
By Kris on 05/16/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used with 10k miles for $12K. Saved thousands off new and still looks and smells new. Styling is great and there are a lot of customized parts available. It has the solid rear quarter panels which is extremely rare and it gets looks everywhere I go. Great mileage and very user friendly. Highly recommend.

Great headroom, storage, stereo & looks!
By 08HHR_SpecialEdition on 05/12/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2008 HHR Special Edition (which is kind of like the 1LT trim level with some extra slick cosmetics). I get compliments on this car everywhere I go. I have used the storage capabilities of this vehicle countless times. Both the rear seat and the front passenger seats fold down, with extra storage in the "trunk" floor. Quiet ride, great stereo system with the 7" sub in the back. Mechanically, this HHR has performed flawlessly. Not a single problem. Due to the extended rear end of the HHR, there is a blind spot in back that makes merging lanes a bit tougher. Nothing terrible, but check twice before you make your move. Love the HHR!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.