2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Get What You Pay For
By mrsyam on 05/26/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car after our first child was born. We bought it used with 25K miles on it and save a bunch of money than buying it new. It was great at first, but then all sorts of issues started popping up. The rotors have needed replaced 3 different times due to grinding. The CD player stopped working for some reason, but the dealership replaced it for free. The drivers side lock always sticks and I've gotten locked out of my car before with my children in the car because the key fobs also are cheaply made and don't work properly. The newest issue is that the Passlock feature is malfunctioning due to a microchip error in the ignition!!! Trading in for something else.

Good Car but has some problems.
By FFDice on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car ever. I always liked the look of classic cars and this car caught my eye. I bought this car during the gas price boom and it didn't disappoint me. Average MPG 24- 26. The car does have some squeaks and problems, but still a good car. Dealership has taken care of all my concerns. Back seats lower and can haul a lot of stuff as long as its not filthy dirty.

My HHR
By bonnie2008 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I went to a local dealership to look at the a HHR we liked what we saw and we got a fantastic price, our HHR only had 19 miles on the odd and we paid only 13.500.00 for this model. We couldn't be more happier with what we now own. We haven't had one leak we own a 5speed we have great car and we love it

Few Bugs
By sortafan on 05/21/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty much got what we paid for. Fun to drive (once you learn how to see out of it), great storage and gas mileage in the 30 mpg range thanks to mostly freeway driving. You get used to the quirky window control placements and cup holder issues. But remotes both failed, radiator sprung a leak and ignition failed (couldn't turn off engine one day). Those thing shouldn't happen in first two years.

HHR good but needs improvements
By star5838 on 03/06/10 15:33 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in 2008. It really does get 30-32 MPG highway. It is very versatile and easy to drive. You get a lot of nice features for your money. I drive 400-500 miles per week so I spend a lot of time in mine.

family second driver
By mr.m on 08/24/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased used hhr as second vehicle for the family. So far we are enjoying it. Have spent some money on performance upgrades and a set of wheels (had to get rid of those ugly hub caps) now my son doesn't call it lame looking any more. Could use some help in the interior though. Needs the center arm rests located a little higher so you can place a cup in the holder without having to raise the arm rest and it would also make it a little more comfortable. Please keep up the good work in the design of cool looking little economy cars. Not those lame looking hybribs (prius) that the competition makes.

Cute and eyecatching, easy to drive...
By HHRFan on 08/17/09 07:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 HHR LS is an eye catcher in "orange". Black interior is neat, stays clean looking longer than lighter colors. All controls super easy to use, air, radio, windows, etc.. Fuel economy not as good as advertised but okay. The 2.2 engine is fine around the city but you have to stomp the gas pedal when pulling on to the highway, that is a disappointment, would have liked the larger engine, we learn from our mistakes. Large, easy open tailgate, storage area a big plus, so easy to load and unload. Cabin is pretty quiet, as is the engine..so far...we live in hope. All in all, I do like the vehicle, would recommend for the price, but go to GOOD dealer, don't get ripped off as I did!

The mystery igniton problem!
By Robert Reynolds on 07/09/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR gets great mileage on long trips about 33mpg, however mine is a manual transmission. The interior needs more cup holders there are only three right down the center console. So with that said there are two in the front and only one in the back for rear passengers. This is a very fun car to drive and is very soild like a truck but rides like a car.

enjoy your hhr today !!
By e.n. beatty[canada] on 07/08/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A BASIC hhr with a 5spd and a2.2, no traction control, no abs just a plain maroon colored 4door fun car that runs on reg. Gas and gives me a true 30 mpg in the city. Replaced oil with full synthetic and a k&n air filter. Bought it new right off the truck, has 16,000 miles and one visit to the dealer. The hhr has done exactly what I want. It handles great at 75 mph with no wavering behind the big rigs. The steering is sharp and precise however the torque steer is a brute. Behind the driver the available space is amazing. The build quality is on the hi side of good and the paint job was excellent. Overall I'm pleased and oh yes I drive it hard and fast no slakkin in the sun. Gas, clutch, gone.

fantastic family car
By kmak on 04/13/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle for a small family. We traded in a grocery-getter mini van for the HHR, and haven't looked back for a second. Stylish and fun to drive, with quite a few modern options, plus plenty of room. I like the mix of classic chevy style combined with modern technology. Very smooth, solid ride. No problems to mention except an issue with the driver's power lock and the brakes are noisy. As far as day to day use and performance, this vehicle is a big success. The back seats lay flat in about 3 seconds and you can haul a ton of stuff as a result. We tackled a yard sale a couple weeks back and had no issues cramming this car of stuff we needed to sell. Kids love it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.