Whidbey Report
By Sarge on
2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
As a Suburban owner, I was taken by the design of the HHR. Being an "Old Guy", I love the '49 Suburban take. Also, I like the fact that the seating position is high and entering and exiting this vehicle is easy. I don't feel like I'm sitting on the floor boards. The build and quality of this vehicle is as good as I've seen on any US vehicle. Maybe it's because it's assembled in Mexico. At any rate, they're doing it right. I should say at this point, this report is on the 2LT with the 175 horsepower 2.4 liter engine. The 2LT isn't an option listed above for some reason. The 2LT has a larger sway bar and stiffer suspension. It handles way better, almost like a sports car.
Favorite Features
Styling, fuel economy, fit and finish, DIC (driver information center), interior room and Pioneer sound system! No problems at all so far. Body is very tight.
Suggested Improvements
Relocate the window controls to the door panels. Replace the Firestone tires with something decent. GM almost got this model right the first time! I'm a very happy owner.