Reliable Unique Econo-Box
By KDW on
2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this car used in 2008 with 29,000 miles. It has been a reliable, comfortable commuter that gets good gas mileage, 26.5 City/Hwy average. I travel 60 miles round trip to work 1/2 city 1/2 high way and when I hyper- mile it I can average 28 mpg but what fun is that! The car is laid out well and hauls an amazing amount of stuff for such a little car. The interior is laid out thoughtfully but the window buttons are annoying. My biggest complaints are performance and visibility. This car is just NOT fun to drive and it's VERY hard to see out of. I added small peep mirrors and that helped but the overall visibility is appalling. Re: steering, it doesn't inspire confidence in turns
Favorite Features
REMOTE START is awesome in the winter!! Comfy seats, fuel economy, decent storage, easy to get in and out of (my mother in law appreciates its easy access).
Suggested Improvements
Like other reviewers my car has had strut issues..although that has only just occurred and I have 74,000 miles. Fix visibility issues, smooth out the ride as it rides like a stage coach! Put window buttons on door and adjust floor heater vents so they don't blow behind the console, your feet freeze!