After 5yrs/135K miles and going strong
By jmeeep on
2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this car for it's unique look, decent mileage and ability to carry lots of things. It has been a very reliable car. No problems what so ever. The car does get regular maintance but believe me.. I'm not perfect at it. I recommend this car to anyone just don't mind the car being called 'PT Cruiser' or the white bus. My Fiance hated this car in the beginning and he's a car enthusiast. If you asked him now, he would be hard pressed not to recommend it either. It has been more reliable than his car and he takes care of his own car like a baby!
Favorite Features
My Favorite features is the console placement (ie window controls, console lighting). The high windows allow for privacy and shade from the sun. I'm sure some folks might dislike and complain on the visibility but once you get use to it, it's pretty nice. Also, I like the fact that the gas cap is on the right side. Saves me alot of time at SAMs. The car battery is rear of the car which saves room in the front. Good turning radius. The size is small enough to fit into tight parking but enough to carry five people and two dogs in the back.
Suggested Improvements
Two things, I didn't like about the HHR is the factory fabric that came on the seats. It easily stains and collects grim. I opted not to buy monthly interior cleaning when I financed the car but I regret it. Also, it lacks power going uphill. All in all, this is a good car. Worth every penny. I write this as I pay it off next month.