2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
HHR surprise
By bill on 12/09/07 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am impressed with the vehicle so far. I bought it in August of this year and have only put on a little over 2000 miles on it. I have not been back to the dealer for a single problem as of now. I have the base model with 5 speed and it is fun to drive and functional for a 50 plus 6'6" male. I do little highway driving and am getting over 23 miles to the gallon around town. My last 3 vehicles have been Toyotas but I could not get a Toyota that I could get my frame into and aford the payment and get 20 plus around town period. The HHR replaces a 98 RAV4 that I purchased new and really liked put on over 130000 miles and was a truly reliable vehicle. My wife likes this better and so do my sons.

Love it
By K on 11/23/07 12:31 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's been 2 months and I'm very happy with my purchase. The HHR has a great look, is easy to drive and has lots of head and leg room. Averaging 31mpg is great since I log about 400 miles a week. Sits high enough for my mother to get in and out easily and a very smooth ride. Gauge panel is setup for easy viewing of all gauges.

HHR is solid fun / great value
By Michael on 11/20/07 10:31 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Every one who sees and or rides in my HHR is very complimentary. It is an excellent value. People are amazed at how inexpensive a fully loaded HHR is to buy. and looks tastefully different. The HHR has great interior space with folding seats for good versatility. It is spunky and fun to drive and gets very good gas mileage.

HHR is a cool retro ride
By ducky57 on 11/01/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Turned in a leased Equinox and purchased an '07 HHR with the 2LT chrome package. I was attracted to the HHR by it's "retro" look, favorable safety ratings and decent gas mileage. I am 6 ft tall and the cabin has ample room. It rides smoothly around town and on Freeway, gas mileage is in the 28-30 mpg range (with 2.4 litre engine). It has ample storage room and rear seats fold down nicely with hard coated floor surface. It's a fun and well built ride at an affordable price.

Fun Ride
By Buccley on 10/29/07 12:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car now for almost 3 months and nearly 5k miles. I have 2LT 2.4L. It's a fun car to drive, for a car it's size does well on gas mileage, when I baby it I can get 27 mpg, when I drive more aggressive I can expect about 24.5 mpg. I have older parents and it's really easy for them to get in and out of the car without hitting their head on the way in, and it's a quite smooth ride. I helped a friend move and had plenty of room to haul stuff. The selling price of my HHR was 19.6k, for that price I have the 2LT package, heated leather seats, 6-CD changer, XM radio, and running boards (and some other additional trim). I don't think for that price you can do much better.

HHR = Retro, Comfort, Style, and Fun
By Jason Morris on 10/22/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! I have always loved the retro look but it was not till I test drove one that I realized how great the car is! We have the 2.4L and it has some good get-up-and-go to it. We have the Leather and it is so comfortable! The interior has great styling. We moved recently and the cargo room was great when you lay the rear seats flat. The back of the seats are lined with Plastic just like the rest of the cargo area. The stereo is great with the 7 speaker Pioneer amplified system. The car is fun to drive and fun to show off to family and friends. Even if they do not like the way it looks, once they drive it they love it! We have the chrome package which adds some great styling!

A Joy to Drive!
By James G on 10/20/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2LT for about 2 mos. now and am really impressed. The utility, the mpg, the drivability are everything I hoped they would be. The HHR's fun to drive, and stands out among the pack. I seem to attract attention and queries on a regular basis. As the first Chevy I've owned in almost 20 years, I was a little hesitant to buy, but I think GM at least on this vehicle has done an outstanding job on the little details, something that was not their strong suit in the past. Fit and finish on my black HHR is just beautiful; all the body parts are flush and exacting. I would definitely recommend this vehicle for purchase.

Great to drive
By Afurychow on 10/16/07 21:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We only just bought our HHR after trading in our Chrysler Town and Country Van which I was very attached to, but we no longer need a vehicle that size. I love the HHR, it is so comfortable and fun to drive. I love the interior and the way all the gauges are set up. I was going to go with a tiny car for better gas mileage but the HHR gives me a bit more room with a better gas mileage than my van.

The Right Choice
By The Right Choice on 10/14/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car three weeks but it has been great so far. Bought it for better mileage in my long commutes to work, so far it is averaging 28.5 in mixed, mostly highway driving (w/2.2 auto). Very comfortable ride, quiet out on the road. The interior is very functional. I have the 1LT in silver and it is everything I need and more...sunroof, Pioneer audio and XM (very nice sound), abs, traction control, curtain air bags. I like the looks with the roof rails, spoiler and running boards. I looked at many other options but this seemed far and away the most (and most versatile) car for the money. Loaded with little extras and niceties.

HHR=Horrible Horrible Ride
By Brandon Mayo on 10/11/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my HHR for less than 3 months and it has been in the shop for a total of a month and a half. It rattles squeeaks and shakes and the front end sounds like it is falling out from under it. DO NOT BUY ONE! Check out some of the forums on the internet. I sure wish I had before buying mine. Truly sad because the car looks good and I love the features. Hoping they will buy it back!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.