Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Rusting so soon!
By john

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I actually love the car , the ride, the, the mileage all fine. But, after a year and 9 months I had to take it into the dealer to have rust repaired on all 5 doors. The rust is in the doors where the seams are. If you look at the seam in the bottom of the doors you can see the rust bubbling under the paint. I took the car in and they sandblasted the door seams and repainted. I know a good deal about cars and I know for certain this car had to be assembled rusty! I don't mean to pile on when GM is down but maybe this is why. I spoke to my neighbor who owns an HHR who was not surprised because his doors had also been repaired for rust! Is GM building Vegas again? Just a word to the wise.

Favorite Features

Like it all

Suggested Improvements

Don't build rusty cars!

Love It
By Derrick Family

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my LT a couple of months ago used with 35K miles, I have already put 10K miles on it and I have to say, unless mechanical problems arise to dampen my enthusiasm, I absolutely love this car. It is comfortable and roomy (even for a large person like me), quiet, zippy (yes, it really is, even with the 4 cyl.!), the heater rocks and will fry your face off from a cold start in less than 3 minutes (usually more like 1 minute in Texas winter!). Love the sunroof, love the styling, love it all. Wish I had gotten a lighter color (I have the darker red) exterior and darker color interior though. Almost my favorite car I've ever owned. (Still partial to my old Grand Prix GT!)

Favorite Features

Remote auto start! Sunroof (I like the pop-up shield to block some of the wind), iPod jack, quiet and smooth ride and awesome stock radio. I don't even have the top of the line radio and that little thing rocks out; like the noise cancellation feature that makes it louder while you're on the road!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, have to agree with everyone on that.. They are inconvenient. Glad the new models have moved the window controls. Seat do stain easy but I'm getting seat covers. Other than that, I'm happy with it all! I will definitely buy another one when this one wears out.

Must hve runing boards
By Corey Cox

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR. I do a lot of driving and it is great for long trips. The sound is very nice and the 2 selling points for me are the curves and the leg/head room. I am 6 foot 2 and have no problems at all. I love to keep it waxed but I do not have running boards and due to the design the front tires kicks up stones and gravel to the point that the paint is destroyed infront of the rear tires. Chevy repainted it once but did not offer to put on the running boards. I am not happy that i have to sell it but it does not drive very well in the snow! I have to get a 4x4.

Favorite Features

Lots of leg/head room and the trunk space is more than enough for all of my needs. Love the look too and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

All HHR should have running boards

Definetely a summer car.
By Kellie Schaefer

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

HHR is definetely a summer car not a winter car. Ice gets between the bottom of lower front fender and door and freezes up preventing us from getting in and out of car. Outside of that it has been a great car, my average MPG is 27.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, cargo space, gas mileage, head and leg room

Suggested Improvements

Better design of door and fender.

Totally Awesome Auto
By jamie1502

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought the Chevy HHR my driving experiance with the car is just awesome. It handles just like a high end sports car, ride is so comfortable. I took it twice too Little rock ark. from ft.myers fla 1200 miles each way the fuel economy is great averaging 29 to 31 hwy miles. I have the royal blue metallic. it has just the right amount of chrome to set it off and turn heads. The only drawback is where they put the power window controls. You have to take your eyes off the road to find them. If anyone wants a truly great auto in a small SUV try this one you will not be disappointed. More than plenty off horsepower and comfort and leg room. Get this one it's great

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, apperance, and out and out durability. Great fuel mileage

Suggested Improvements

Power windows buttons put somewhere else. Too distracting too find at night