Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Most Helpful|
Definetely a summer car.
By Kellie Schaefer

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

HHR is definetely a summer car not a winter car. Ice gets between the bottom of lower front fender and door and freezes up preventing us from getting in and out of car. Outside of that it has been a great car, my average MPG is 27.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, cargo space, gas mileage, head and leg room

Suggested Improvements

Better design of door and fender.

Reliable Unique Econo-Box
By KDW

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used in 2008 with 29,000 miles. It has been a reliable, comfortable commuter that gets good gas mileage, 26.5 City/Hwy average. I travel 60 miles round trip to work 1/2 city 1/2 high way and when I hyper- mile it I can average 28 mpg but what fun is that! The car is laid out well and hauls an amazing amount of stuff for such a little car. The interior is laid out thoughtfully but the window buttons are annoying. My biggest complaints are performance and visibility. This car is just NOT fun to drive and it's VERY hard to see out of. I added small peep mirrors and that helped but the overall visibility is appalling. Re: steering, it doesn't inspire confidence in turns

Favorite Features

REMOTE START is awesome in the winter!! Comfy seats, fuel economy, decent storage, easy to get in and out of (my mother in law appreciates its easy access).

Suggested Improvements

Like other reviewers my car has had strut issues..although that has only just occurred and I have 74,000 miles. Fix visibility issues, smooth out the ride as it rides like a stage coach! Put window buttons on door and adjust floor heater vents so they don't blow behind the console, your feet freeze!

Well Thought Out
By NAVYSSDV

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Has a good road feel and drives well, predictable, positive handling. Mileage around 27 winter and 31+ in the warmer months. Avg'd over 35 on a 1000+ mile road trip last summer. Nice smooth powerband but 2.2 won't snap your head back on inclines. Utility is well designed with the plastic floor and sides, rear seats that fold flat. Rear seat leg room adequate, comfortable. Driver's leg room a little narrow but sliding the seat back helps. Telescoping wheel would be a good overall remedy for this. Engine is nice if you do you own basic maint. Oil changes a snap with that top load filter, plugs easy access, fluid fillers, like that. Good daily runner. Economical, practical, comfy.

Favorite Features

Good mileage & utility, comfortable. Large side mirrors. Convenient steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Storage console, telescoping steering wheel.

Awful car!
By Brad

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR used from a local dealership, which was my first mistake. The car, had front struts replaced twice, had to buy new tires for the front, strut mounts replaced, and a bunch of other parts, so I've been told, all before 40K. Had all the work done at the Chevy Dealership and its still not right. Rides rough, front end shakes, annoying rattling noise never goes away, and now the rear end is starting to make knocking noises. Also, when I stop it has started acting like it wants to shut off, was told nothing was wrong, of course. I regret ever looking at this car. After 7 visits to the dealership in just over 2 years this car is still a piece of junk! Will never buy GM again.

Favorite Features

Cargo area is plastic so you can just wipe it out.

Suggested Improvements

GM, fix the problems that you know are effecting a lot of people. We don't all have money to keep putting in a car that you know was not built well.

Don't buy an HHR
By tamie

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My HHR has been in the shop 13 times in past year. I would be driving down the road and it wold just shut off. Burning smell, all kinds of electrical problems. Before 7K miles it had to have new bearings. It was in the process of Lemon Law and 1 week shy of owning it a year caught on fire while I was driving and burnt to the ground. I was lucky my children weren't with me. Gas mileage started out good almost 30 on the hwy and then went to no better than 21. Bought it for gas mileage and safety..I guess they failed on both......

Favorite Features

I can't say at this point that I have any.

Suggested Improvements

Spend your money on something else.