Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Will buy another one!
By Robbin

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR! I've had it just over two years and it has a little over 20,000 miles on it. I haven't had any major problems with it. I did have some brake squeak when it was new and that was fixed. I still get compliments on my HHR. Most people are surprised when they get in at how much room it has. Especially when I haul something in the back, they never think it will fit and it surprises them when it does! I get great gas mileage 30-33 on the highway and 25-30 in town, it just depends on how big a hurry I'm in! My Mom is considering an HHR for her next vehichle.

The exterior of the HHR, it reminds of an old woody and a miniature version of the old Chevy Panel wagon I also enjoy the remote start that came standard, the mp3 adapter and the heated leather seats!

I agree with everyone about the window controls...although I'm now quite used to them. I had some problems with blind spots too when I first bought my HHR, but have become accustomed to looking around them.

Love my HHR
By Mr. Wood

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned over 15 new years in my life and this is the first one that has absolutely no defects whatever. I just past my 36,000 mile warranty and no issues. The car is fun to drive, holds a ton of stuff, gets really good mileage (I routinely get 30 mpg city/highway mix), and the quality is what Chevrolet should be doing with all their cars. Tight, solid, no squeaks. The paint is as shiny as when new. Tires wear evenly. Transmission shifts smoothly and acceleration is more than adequate for a small engine. I wish the resale value were a bit higher but heck, I' m not selling it so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

Styling, reliability, integrity, gas mileage, hauling capacity.

Could use a higher windshield for better forward visibility. Would like XM radio standard with base radio.

poor body integrity
By joni

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really love to drive my HHR LT, but the exterior body has gotten really bad. I live on a gravel road and the the rims are flaking off and I have absolutely no paint left in front of my rear wheel wells. It is starting to rust all ready and I have under 28,000 miles on it. Took it back to dealer at under 10,000 miles and they really didn't care. Have replaced the sway bar links already too. Just a cheap car. Gas mileage should be better than 25 average, but it's not. Bad handling in winter conditions also should be noted.

Chevrolet should build cars that don't fall apart under 30,000 miles and stand behind their warranty as bumper to bumper. It shouldn't matter that I drive on gravel as to why they won't back customer satisfaction,

Fell out of Love...FAST!!!
By bowtiegirl

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We absolutely loved our HHR Panel LT with its retro design. White with floor boards, heated leather seats, etc... Before the cowl seal leak that flooded the passenger side floor board and soaked the carpet with 3+ inches of rain water. It was fixed according to the local Chevy service department under warranty but, who knows? will it leak again? the thought of another rain water leak makes me sick! Fell out of love fast!

Heated leather, good fuel economy, styling, steering wheel radio controls, Pioneer sound system

Windshield could be a little higher for better visibility you find yourself ducting you head some to see and the rearview mirror is in the way, less cheap plastic in interior, needs better quality control at factory the cowl seal leak was discouraging for us on the quality

A rare HHR, loaded with a manual!
By Chris

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After a year of ownership - my complaints are few. I had a convertible before - but needed a practical car. The HHR fits the bill to a tee! It consistently gets mileage in the 30's, with the 2.4 liter and the 5 speed manual, the car is quite responsive. I wish the car had traction control (since corrected), I hate the cup holders and the window switch location (also since fixed) All in all - this car is for an active person who doesn't want their car to look like everything else on the road.

Sunroof, leather, black chrome wheels, plastic lined cargo area, stick shift, stereo with satellite, CD, MP3 and iPod, controls on the steering wheel.

I hate the interior design. Console blows, no storage and terrible cupholders. The person who designed the stupid location of the power window switches should be fired. Unfortunately, this is the typical GM car - they ship it out the door - by the time they fix it, the public has lost interest.

• SUV