Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

poor body integrity
By joni

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really love to drive my HHR LT, but the exterior body has gotten really bad. I live on a gravel road and the the rims are flaking off and I have absolutely no paint left in front of my rear wheel wells. It is starting to rust all ready and I have under 28,000 miles on it. Took it back to dealer at under 10,000 miles and they really didn't care. Have replaced the sway bar links already too. Just a cheap car. Gas mileage should be better than 25 average, but it's not. Bad handling in winter conditions also should be noted.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet should build cars that don't fall apart under 30,000 miles and stand behind their warranty as bumper to bumper. It shouldn't matter that I drive on gravel as to why they won't back customer satisfaction,

Fell out of Love...FAST!!!
By bowtiegirl

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We absolutely loved our HHR Panel LT with its retro design. White with floor boards, heated leather seats, etc... Before the cowl seal leak that flooded the passenger side floor board and soaked the carpet with 3+ inches of rain water. It was fixed according to the local Chevy service department under warranty but, who knows? will it leak again? the thought of another rain water leak makes me sick! Fell out of love fast!

Favorite Features

Heated leather, good fuel economy, styling, steering wheel radio controls, Pioneer sound system

Suggested Improvements

Windshield could be a little higher for better visibility you find yourself ducting you head some to see and the rearview mirror is in the way, less cheap plastic in interior, needs better quality control at factory the cowl seal leak was discouraging for us on the quality

A rare HHR, loaded with a manual!
By Chris

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After a year of ownership - my complaints are few. I had a convertible before - but needed a practical car. The HHR fits the bill to a tee! It consistently gets mileage in the 30's, with the 2.4 liter and the 5 speed manual, the car is quite responsive. I wish the car had traction control (since corrected), I hate the cup holders and the window switch location (also since fixed) All in all - this car is for an active person who doesn't want their car to look like everything else on the road.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, leather, black chrome wheels, plastic lined cargo area, stick shift, stereo with satellite, CD, MP3 and iPod, controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I hate the interior design. Console blows, no storage and terrible cupholders. The person who designed the stupid location of the power window switches should be fired. Unfortunately, this is the typical GM car - they ship it out the door - by the time they fix it, the public has lost interest.

Love Our HHR
By Brian Terrell

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an LS with the 2.2L automatic. Highway gas mileage is excellent, about 32-35mpg. City mpg about 23- 25mpg. Only complaint is the cup holders are not user friendly for the driver or the passenger. Otherwise, we love our HHR. Excellent headroom, and we love the retro styling of the interior. Great ride quality with little to no cabin noise. Visibility out the front windshield takes a bit of getting used to, but after a while, you don't even notice. All in all, a great car. We would recommend this car to everyone!

Favorite Features

Retro styling of the exterior and interior. Cargo space is great when seats are folded down. You can fit a 27" bicycle. Roomy backseat area for larger adults.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, wider seating room for front passengers.

Luv it but
By happy

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with the HHR however, I am from the northeast and this winter has been very cold.The reason I bring the weather up is in the morning when I get on the hughway the engine is quite loud. Getting to the highway I have a little dip or two to go over. When I do go over them it sounds like I lost my under carriage. After like five miles this to calms down. The car has a low front end so stay on well plowed roads.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, remote start, great mileage, and the stereo. I love not banging my head on the roof when I get in the vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Raise the nose two or three inches, better cup holders, a remote hatch. Move the windshield washer ports from where they are to the hood. They would be easier to keep free from snow and ice.