2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
High MPG HHR
By Ken on 04/14/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 5 speed manual, 2.2 liter engine. I get far better mileage than the EPA estimates. Around town, I get around 28 mpg, and on trips I get 36 - 38 mpg! Its a terrific vehicle and I am totally satisfied with it.

Great Car
By Bob B on 03/28/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Drive 98 miles daily in town and highway gas mileage avg 34 miles per gal. Fun to drive. Had 6 months. Have no problems.

Great little car
By herbertthered on 03/20/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to get in & out of - I'm 6'. Has been great in a MN winter. Handling is excellent. Corners like a dream. Has plenty of power. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed driving a stick. Has a lot more room inside than you'd think at first glance. Fuel economy according to display has been as high as 34+. During winter it dropped to 29+. Perhaps the best designed vehicle I've had in 20 years. I checked the options & decided standard had everything I wanted. Plus, it's "cool" - it will turn some heads.

Love my LT2!
By malinche on 03/20/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Waited over 2 years to get my LT2 2.4 & absolutely love it. I get about 25 mpg city driving. I have a blast driving & look for any reason to do so. It is still pretty stock (the look is what attracted me to it & I still love it), but go to many car shows with it & get lots of compliments. My sister is even considering the SS for an everyday car (has an 07 Tahoe) to save on gas. We are a Chevrolet family and my chromed out LT2 is a nice addition to it. So open the sunroof, put on some cool fuzzy dice and go for a drive!

Great Economical Family Car
By richmcm on 03/01/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at 7 cars in this class and liked the HHR best of all. What sold us. Well the styling was very appealing but the quiet ride, adequate power, nice interior layout with awesome cargo space and plenty of room in the back seats were the final selling pieces. We have over 4000 miles on this everyday work HHR and find it to be more that we expected. We live in the Northeast so one of the best features is the remote starting. Very nice to get into a warm car in these cold mornings. Getting 30 MPG is also very good. We are both over 50 so we will take the soft, quite ride over the stiff harder ride like the Masda 3 5 door had. The HHR fit and finish is also very impressive.

HHR Problems
By KElly on 01/16/08 04:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had my car for almost a year and I really enjoy it. I have had to have it in the shop three times for the same thing, something in the front end makes a rattleing noise, they replaced the steering column and some other bar but the problem comes right back. I drive on asphault all of the time, my driveway is gravel and that is when you can really tell that something isn't right in the front end of the car. Also the brakes have overheated and had my rotors turned three times, didn't fix the problem. These are really the only problems that I have been experiencing with my HHR.

Lovin' it
By BayouMan on 01/14/08 10:33 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fun car to own. The interior and exterior design are great. There are some blind spots but these are nothing compared to many vehicles. I have a bad back and have found the car to be quite comfortable and it also accomodates my 6'1'' frame well. Storage and rear seat leg room have been good. Gas mileage has been 29 mpg in town and the car possesses adequate power withe 170hp engine, better than the Matrix, Corolla, and Civic. I have found this car to be great value for the price. The only complaint is a periodic light (very light) rattle in the door frame but I have not attempted to fix this yet. This is my favorite car yet in my 27 years of owning vehicles.

A New Dawn for the General
By Partsman999 on 01/09/08 21:38 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven or owned almost every manufacture/ models made from Ladas to Lincolns. I can say that this HHR is value for money and fun to drive. We looked at hybrids and the Prius was to small for our needs and the highlander was way over priced, with equal milage we chose the HHR LT1, we have so far got 26mpg around town, and 35 on highway. We have the Auto option transmission.

Functional Fun
By larry on 01/09/08 06:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first American car in over 20 years. I'm very satisified. This auto has the space I need, with cool retro styling, and the right mix of power and economy. I don't cary a load every day but when I do this car can do the job excellently. I'm very pleased with the smooth ride, very comfortable and easy to get in & out. This is a great buy!

Good Car
By Matthew on 12/13/07 12:39 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I would say this is a good value car. I have owned vehicles with superior performance and better ergonomics, but overall am pleased with the product. The fuel economy is good, performance is unrefined but expected. I have a two year old daughter and it is easy for her to climb in and out herself without my need to worry about falls. The stereo and components are great, roominess is fine, visibility is great, and the overall look has people taking a double. I would change a few things but overall am very happy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.