2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Nice car
By Richard on 07/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car very much. It rides well and is quiet with the windows up. No road noise. Gas mileage is high 20's in city. I would buy another.

Love my HHR
By Love my HHR on 07/12/08 21:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR over 1 year and have put about 30,000 miles on it. I have been averaging about 33 mpg that is city/highway combined. When I first saw it I really wasn't that excited about the looks of it. But I decided to take it for a test drive because of the sticker price. Once I did that was all it took. It was so much fun to drive I am a very large person and fit in that vehicle comfortably.

I love it.
By JME on 07/08/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I get 29 mpg. I do a lot of highway driving and when the windows are closed it seems like its sound proof. I could use a little more light, being that the windows are tinted and small it doesn't flood the vehicle with light. The one thing I do hate is that the cup holders are between the seats and the power window buttons are next to the shifter on the floor. I have actually been thinking about an upgrade to a 08.

Good overall
By Nemesis on 05/29/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a fleet vehicle for the company I work for. I have put on about 50k miles on it in the first year so far and have had no problems at all mechanicaly. The engine is suprisingly quick for a 4 cyl. My only complaint is the seats. They stain way too easy. I spilled a bottle of water and it left a stain. I have the gray interior. I would reccomend black or get leather. All other features about inside are great.

Nice for road trips
By spoonified on 05/27/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Over all not too bad of a vehicle. It would be nice to be driving something where I was not surrounded by plastic when I was inside. I usually get much better then the rated gas mileage, around 38 mpg highway if I watch my speed.

Fun little monster
By murdog on 05/03/08 05:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR for my wife in 2007 for a nice car to drive back and fourth to work. Mileage has been solidly in the upper 20s with mixed city HWY. When we are on the open highway I have gotten as good as 33 but stick around 31 most of the time. The car is solid it is just a base but the auto start was a deal setter for my wife. Great little car. But just a few weeks ago i got a safety recall on the little beast. Come on GM get your heads in the game. This final recall is the last nail in the coffin for my GM purchasing days. I just bought a Ford fusion for myself. And my wife pretty much stole it from me. Looks like GM just can't seem to build something with out needing to recall it.

Front Brakes
By Don McWhirter on 04/25/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We like driving this HHR. It hasn't given us problems execpt for front rotors. They were turned twice and finally replace at 15000 miles. Not good prefomance when the Rav4 we traded in hadn't been touched in 60000miles. The dealer screws you around saying the rotors are still within tolerance even though when they're turned they warp faster next time. GM doesn't seem to want to admit they have a problem.

First car/suv in over 10 years
By Russell Davidson on 04/18/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Havent owened a car/suv in over 10 years. We own a Suburban now but the poor thing dosent get drove any more. All Ive evered owned is trucks and a few Suburbans. We fell in love with the HHR on our first test drive with in 4 miles. I'm 6 foot tall and this thing has more room than my trucks. It's so easy to get into and out. Great job GM. The fuel mileage is great the ride is also great. The main thing I love is my wife is right by my side. With all my trucks and the burb you have to much room between you. I love to reach out and touch her without taking my eyes off the road. Im sure this will not be my last HHR.

Bad experience
By Rachel Goodman on 04/15/08 15:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought I loved my car. I have now owned it about 8 months. The paint is chipping, my power steering has gone out, the traction was horrible this winter, and when more than 1 window is down there is a suction almost. There are several things that I do like, but I don't believe my vehicle should be having problems yet and I am upset, that's why I bought a new vehicle, to not have problems for reliability.

2007 HHR LT
By Rodney Duggar on 04/15/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had admired the HHR for some time and finally took the plunge. It's a great car with everything you could want. Styling is exceptional, it's fun to drive, it's comfortable with great mileage. When I test drove the vehicle I have to admit I felt a bit claustrophobic what with the huge windshield pillars and dark tinted glass but soon got used to it. The large mirrors compensate quite well for any blind spots. My only complaints are the front brake rotors are too light for the car and front end needed work at 29,000 miles (which the dealer performed under warranty). Overall, I am thrilled with the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.