Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Satisfied
By Kim

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my used HHR which by the way I just found out means: Heritage High Roof for 13 months. It does have a high roof but you can't see out the windshield very good at a red light. All in all I really like the car, (I hope I am not jinxing myself) the other members of my family always want to drive my car instead of their own. My mother can get in and out of it with no problem (which is a problem in other cars). I have always owned a van and at first I thought WOW how small, but I just went on a camping trip and was able to get everything in comfortably. I wish it had roof racks though. I have recommended this car to friends and family because of the price and reliability so far.

Favorite Features

Rear space, stearing wheel controls (I can turn down my kids music without them realizing it), waxes really great, shiny, and most of all in todays economy the gas mileage is great!

Suggested Improvements

Of course the window controls, I agree with another review the designer should be fired (did he not actually drive the car?)My rear seat passengers cannot unlock the doors. The windshield should be higher. Do the people that design these cars ever look at these reviews? THEY SHOULD

It serves its purpose
By Irv Goldberg

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started shopping for a roomy vehicle that i could afford and could afford to run. I didn't have the need for speed or a handling package since most of the work the car would be doing would be on the interstate. With the HHR I feel I hit the transportation jackpot. I regularly fit a string bass, 2 amps, several guitars, a sax or 2 and three humans inside fairly comfortably. Over the life of the car so far, I am AVERAGING 29.9 mph. Fully loaded on the hiway I've never done worse than 33.5 mph. Splitting the gas 3 ways at todays gas prices, that works out to about 2 cents/mile. The HHR is quiet, comfortable and very reliable. Easy to drive, a great turning radius and very easy to park.

Favorite Features

Easy to use cruise control, liftgate instead of a door, HUGE underfloor storage compartment in back, infinitely configurable, great visibility, larger than standard side doors making in/outloading that much easier, extra storage compartment in dash easier to reach than glove box. Superior mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system, 5 speed auto, something other than Firestone tires, although the set that came on the car weren't bad, just a bit noisier than they should have been. The speedometer cluster has a 2% error that I need to figure into my mpg calculations and Chevy has refused to fix it.

You can tell it's a Chevy.....
By Big Patrick

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 07 HHR new in 2007. By the time 2008 rolled around it was worth about 10K less than the sticker price on a trade. The car was much better built then my 2004 Cavalier...but that does not say much. In my 20 months of ownership I had multiple electrical issues, suspension problems and fuel mileage down to under 23mpg consistently. It looks more spacious then it really is. I would be more likely to recommend this vehicle as a used car....don't get suckered in to buying a new one because it drops in value sooooooo quick you can't get your dollar's worth out of it before it will be off the road. My summary: Decent car, don't forget that you are buying a Chevy and it will cost you!

Favorite Features

Remote Start standard, power everything, unique styling, peppy 4- cylinder

Suggested Improvements

More reliable!

Will buy another one!
By Robbin

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR! I've had it just over two years and it has a little over 20,000 miles on it. I haven't had any major problems with it. I did have some brake squeak when it was new and that was fixed. I still get compliments on my HHR. Most people are surprised when they get in at how much room it has. Especially when I haul something in the back, they never think it will fit and it surprises them when it does! I get great gas mileage 30-33 on the highway and 25-30 in town, it just depends on how big a hurry I'm in! My Mom is considering an HHR for her next vehichle.

Favorite Features

The exterior of the HHR, it reminds of an old woody and a miniature version of the old Chevy Panel wagon I also enjoy the remote start that came standard, the mp3 adapter and the heated leather seats!

Suggested Improvements

I agree with everyone about the window controls...although I'm now quite used to them. I had some problems with blind spots too when I first bought my HHR, but have become accustomed to looking around them.

Love my HHR
By Mr. Wood

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned over 15 new years in my life and this is the first one that has absolutely no defects whatever. I just past my 36,000 mile warranty and no issues. The car is fun to drive, holds a ton of stuff, gets really good mileage (I routinely get 30 mpg city/highway mix), and the quality is what Chevrolet should be doing with all their cars. Tight, solid, no squeaks. The paint is as shiny as when new. Tires wear evenly. Transmission shifts smoothly and acceleration is more than adequate for a small engine. I wish the resale value were a bit higher but heck, I' m not selling it so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

Favorite Features

Styling, reliability, integrity, gas mileage, hauling capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a higher windshield for better forward visibility. Would like XM radio standard with base radio.