Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

LOVE MY HHR!!!!
By lyrics4mama

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used HHR in 2012, with 14k miles on it. Love the head room, and cargo space. Great on gas. Love the look. My husband is 6ft 3 in and has plenty of room. This is a wonderful car for travel, both in comfort and riding. It is awesome, and fun to drive. Its not a "powerhouse", but will get up and go. Love the fold down seats in the back. Took a while to get use to the window controls on the console, but like it now. My one and only complaint is the cup holders are located in an awkward place. Love the functionality of all the gadgets (radio, climate control, cruise control, etc...), very accessable, and easy to operate.
Great for a family with children, from infant to older teens.

gas mileage, cargo space, head room, comfort, unique look, fun to drive, dependable, affordable, great for families with children from infant to older teens, excellent car for travel, love this car!

would place the cup holders in a less awkward place--- other then that LOVE it

Original owner 130,000 miles later
By waz3

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
I bought mine brand new and now have 130,000 miles on.
It is driven almost 100 miles a day.
my only compliant is the sway link bar.
Other than regular maintenance this car is a charm and I will drive it until the doors fall off.

Cargo space, doesn't feel like a car but a small truck. Economical drove it to Iowa and back and got 34 miles gallon.

sway link bar is my only complaint.

A good attempt.
By kenmo6

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR is a good idea, a compact sport ute designed after a vintage Suburuban. However, it comes with flaws. Chrome stickers that easily peel off of door handles are just part of drawbacks to a decent car that has some great potential & storage capabilities. The interior, while not badly laid out, is littered with cheap plastics. A high belt line & low roof line give a nice look but combine for poor headroom & blind spots. The 4 spd auto trans. is antiquated but shifting is good & fuel economy is ok but should be better. Power is also good & handling is exceptional for the bulky design, but is hampered by torque steer. Ride is good but comes with rattles & squeaks. Still, a good attempt.

The HHR has a good deal of storage, in part due to the bulky design, in part due to a number of foldable seating configurations. The back seats fold flat..ish, as does the front passenger seat. With all seats folded down, you can add a great deal of cargo and not need a guy with cones to help you park. Also, designing appeals to those of us who like retro cars & still want current technology. The dash is appealing too (aside from the cheap plastic) & gauges are well laid out. Performance is good (better in the SS), but be prepared for some torque steer. Handling is surprisingly good & the seats sit nice & high & are comfortable for moderate road trips.

While some would disagree, I would like to see four wheel disc brakes on this car (they were vailable on the Pontiac Vibe, as was AWD, which would be a great option for the HHR IMO). Also, I have had problems with factory brakes & would urge HHR owners to replace factory brakes with aftermarket ones as soon as they go on you. Also, I've read that there are problems with the front end of this vehicle, so I would address those issues that result in literal rattle traps (mine is among them). There have also been issues with leaks from sunroofs and premature rusting on the bottom of door panels. It's a shame Chev. didn't address these & keep making the HHR, opting for the even quirkier Orlando

After 5yrs/135K miles and going strong
By jmeeep

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for it's unique look, decent mileage and ability to carry lots of things. It has been a very reliable car. No problems what so ever. The car does get regular maintance but believe me.. I'm not perfect at it. I recommend this car to anyone just don't mind the car being called 'PT Cruiser' or the white bus. My Fiance hated this car in the beginning and he's a car enthusiast. If you asked him now, he would be hard pressed not to recommend it either. It has been more reliable than his car and he takes care of his own car like a baby!

My Favorite features is the console placement (ie window controls, console lighting). The high windows allow for privacy and shade from the sun. I'm sure some folks might dislike and complain on the visibility but once you get use to it, it's pretty nice. Also, I like the fact that the gas cap is on the right side. Saves me alot of time at SAMs. The car battery is rear of the car which saves room in the front. Good turning radius. The size is small enough to fit into tight parking but enough to carry five people and two dogs in the back.

Two things, I didn't like about the HHR is the factory fabric that came on the seats. It easily stains and collects grim. I opted not to buy monthly interior cleaning when I financed the car but I regret it. Also, it lacks power going uphill. All in all, this is a good car. Worth every penny. I write this as I pay it off next month.

Coast to Coast
By masterx4

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car. Its been great! Went to california from Massachusetts twice!
Thats at least 16,000 miles right there! Also down to the
Florida keys and back. No problems. We went to the southwest desert, over mountain passes, scorching heat like 107 in Utah, 103 in L.A. Minus temps in the Northeast. Sped across the plains at a over 100 miles an hour, stop and go traffic through washington d.c.....no problems...nothing....zero!

Quick....Fuel efficient....nice cargo space.....cockpit interior feel....cool looking.

Unfortunately, the rotors suck!!! Replaced 4 times. Last time their holding up well, better after market material, cannot take a pot hole well...but what car can? Make it four wheel drive....and you have a complete winner!!!