Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Lots of small problems
By HHR Co-Pilot

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good on the highway in both fuel and performance I think the design needs some rethinking. the front bumper has to be removed to change a burned out headlight. The wiring on the end side lights - sometimes you can't turn them off, some times speakers won't work.couple of other things too.

Favorite Features

quick pick up to highway speed, and how it looks .

Suggested Improvements

less plastic parts exp: door hands, guard rail bottom front and having the battery in the trunk and the hatch door locking when the batteries dead was a real problem.

i love my HHR always
By love my HHR always

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I feel it is a very comfortable car given the price range. The biggest attraction of this car is it's unique retro style from the 1949 Chevy Suburban. I really love that old style with a mix of modern features. Another good thing is the mileage and the seating is really comfortable, leg room. The visibility is OK, but not great because of the unique body shape and windows are small, but that is a not a problem as i get used to it. The biggest problem is the depreciation of the car value. SO , may be a used car would be a best bet. But overall, i recommend this car who love the old style.

Favorite Features

The biggest attraction of this car is it's unique retro style from the 1949 Chevy Suburban. I really love that old style with a mix of modern features. Another good thing is the mileage and the seating is really comfortable, leg room. Sunroof is also good.

Suggested Improvements

improve the body material quality both inside and outside , may be with a more price, if needed.

GAS MILAGE
By SEEKER

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in May 2009. I have only had it for 6 months, but I have had no problems and I can get up to 40 miles on highway. Maybe thats be cause I drive a stick and I do drive a ways back from semis to cut the wind shear. I love my car. Only complaints is the arm rest seems to high, I can't stand that my window controls are in the middle, and the little windows make me feel like I don't have enough visibility. To many blind spots.

It serves its purpose
By Irv Goldberg

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started shopping for a roomy vehicle that i could afford and could afford to run. I didn't have the need for speed or a handling package since most of the work the car would be doing would be on the interstate. With the HHR I feel I hit the transportation jackpot. I regularly fit a string bass, 2 amps, several guitars, a sax or 2 and three humans inside fairly comfortably. Over the life of the car so far, I am AVERAGING 29.9 mph. Fully loaded on the hiway I've never done worse than 33.5 mph. Splitting the gas 3 ways at todays gas prices, that works out to about 2 cents/mile. The HHR is quiet, comfortable and very reliable. Easy to drive, a great turning radius and very easy to park.

Favorite Features

Easy to use cruise control, liftgate instead of a door, HUGE underfloor storage compartment in back, infinitely configurable, great visibility, larger than standard side doors making in/outloading that much easier, extra storage compartment in dash easier to reach than glove box. Superior mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system, 5 speed auto, something other than Firestone tires, although the set that came on the car weren't bad, just a bit noisier than they should have been. The speedometer cluster has a 2% error that I need to figure into my mpg calculations and Chevy has refused to fix it.

You can tell it's a Chevy.....
By Big Patrick

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 07 HHR new in 2007. By the time 2008 rolled around it was worth about 10K less than the sticker price on a trade. The car was much better built then my 2004 Cavalier...but that does not say much. In my 20 months of ownership I had multiple electrical issues, suspension problems and fuel mileage down to under 23mpg consistently. It looks more spacious then it really is. I would be more likely to recommend this vehicle as a used car....don't get suckered in to buying a new one because it drops in value sooooooo quick you can't get your dollar's worth out of it before it will be off the road. My summary: Decent car, don't forget that you are buying a Chevy and it will cost you!

Favorite Features

Remote Start standard, power everything, unique styling, peppy 4- cylinder

Suggested Improvements

More reliable!