2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Love my HHR
By Mr. Wood on 04/30/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned over 15 new years in my life and this is the first one that has absolutely no defects whatever. I just past my 36,000 mile warranty and no issues. The car is fun to drive, holds a ton of stuff, gets really good mileage (I routinely get 30 mpg city/highway mix), and the quality is what Chevrolet should be doing with all their cars. Tight, solid, no squeaks. The paint is as shiny as when new. Tires wear evenly. Transmission shifts smoothly and acceleration is more than adequate for a small engine. I wish the resale value were a bit higher but heck, I' m not selling it so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

Love Our HHR
By Brian Terrell on 02/04/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an LS with the 2.2L automatic. Highway gas mileage is excellent, about 32-35mpg. City mpg about 23- 25mpg. Only complaint is the cup holders are not user friendly for the driver or the passenger. Otherwise, we love our HHR. Excellent headroom, and we love the retro styling of the interior. Great ride quality with little to no cabin noise. Visibility out the front windshield takes a bit of getting used to, but after a while, you don't even notice. All in all, a great car. We would recommend this car to everyone!

Must hve runing boards
By Corey Cox on 01/18/09 00:07 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR. I do a lot of driving and it is great for long trips. The sound is very nice and the 2 selling points for me are the curves and the leg/head room. I am 6 foot 2 and have no problems at all. I love to keep it waxed but I do not have running boards and due to the design the front tires kicks up stones and gravel to the point that the paint is destroyed infront of the rear tires. Chevy repainted it once but did not offer to put on the running boards. I am not happy that i have to sell it but it does not drive very well in the snow! I have to get a 4x4.

Brand new for $12,500!
By John on 11/30/08 20:46 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Liked the retro look from when I first saw the concept car, always been a Chevy fan but only owned their trucks (3/4 ton HD) all my cars had been imports. I traded in a CRV for this car because it was the most car for the money period! We saw an ad price for $12,500 for the LS and with my GM card discount we drove home in it for $11,500 brand new! cheaper than a cobalt or focus, or a less equipped hyundai! We love that the base model has so many features standard. Oh, and did I mention how great the mileage is? We average 36 on trips and have on one trip gone over 600 miles on one tank! For snow, we bought Bridgstone Blizzack studless and they are amazing! No need for AWD

Love - Hate Relationship
By Tigger on 11/04/08 23:41 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love my HHR and I won't give it up, but I hate that it has been in the shop so much. It is a blast to drive - especially since mine has the 2.2 with a 5-speed transmission. Great fuel mileage - average 27 mpg daily driving and 33 mpg on highway. Items replaced thus far, upper and lower steering shafts, front brake rotors and brake pads, radio (three times), front sway bar bushings, and body control module (related to radio issues). Running boards and Splash guards are a must if you experience winter driving conditions (protects paint on rear doors). Changed tires to Goodyear TripleTreads (Original Firestone Affinity tires were junk) and I now have better control, handling, and traction.

Love my HHR
By Nina on 09/07/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned mine for about a month now. I love it. I did read the reviews prior to purchase so some small things I agree with. The door locks, why are they so tall. Makes hard to have your arm on door. Also interior easily staining is so true. I mean water on seats stained and that is so odd to me. I was frustrated as my car didn't come with trunk mat. I did shop around. The dealear wanted $104. for the rubber mat. I actually found a lot of them on ebay for $49. So check that out if you need one. Other than that all is great. I dont see any issues. Everyone loves it and my kids finally have room to relax. Great car don't hesitate.

Gas guzzler it's not
By Brian Lewis on 07/28/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR for over a year now and the odometer is telling me that I am using 6.9 liters of fuel for 100 kilometers. That equates to 41 MPG city and highway combined. Wow. More than expected. I get people asking me all the time about the color. Golden Teal Metallic. GM only made this colour for the 2007 model year.

Nice car
By Richard on 07/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car very much. It rides well and is quiet with the windows up. No road noise. Gas mileage is high 20's in city. I would buy another.

Love my HHR
By Love my HHR on 07/12/08 21:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR over 1 year and have put about 30,000 miles on it. I have been averaging about 33 mpg that is city/highway combined. When I first saw it I really wasn't that excited about the looks of it. But I decided to take it for a test drive because of the sticker price. Once I did that was all it took. It was so much fun to drive I am a very large person and fit in that vehicle comfortably.

Good overall
By Nemesis on 05/29/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a fleet vehicle for the company I work for. I have put on about 50k miles on it in the first year so far and have had no problems at all mechanicaly. The engine is suprisingly quick for a 4 cyl. My only complaint is the seats. They stain way too easy. I spilled a bottle of water and it left a stain. I have the gray interior. I would reccomend black or get leather. All other features about inside are great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.