2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Reliable Unique Econo-Box
By KDW on 09/04/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used in 2008 with 29,000 miles. It has been a reliable, comfortable commuter that gets good gas mileage, 26.5 City/Hwy average. I travel 60 miles round trip to work 1/2 city 1/2 high way and when I hyper- mile it I can average 28 mpg but what fun is that! The car is laid out well and hauls an amazing amount of stuff for such a little car. The interior is laid out thoughtfully but the window buttons are annoying. My biggest complaints are performance and visibility. This car is just NOT fun to drive and it's VERY hard to see out of. I added small peep mirrors and that helped but the overall visibility is appalling. Re: steering, it doesn't inspire confidence in turns

Awful car!
By Brad on 08/18/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR used from a local dealership, which was my first mistake. The car, had front struts replaced twice, had to buy new tires for the front, strut mounts replaced, and a bunch of other parts, so I've been told, all before 40K. Had all the work done at the Chevy Dealership and its still not right. Rides rough, front end shakes, annoying rattling noise never goes away, and now the rear end is starting to make knocking noises. Also, when I stop it has started acting like it wants to shut off, was told nothing was wrong, of course. I regret ever looking at this car. After 7 visits to the dealership in just over 2 years this car is still a piece of junk! Will never buy GM again.

My HHR
By Gerald Patry on 07/13/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I purchased my vehicle I did research. The gas mileage was well for what I needed, the interior and exterior was sane for me and I thought the vehicle was cute. The car maybe ugly to some people but we all have our opinions. I like the unique style it has, it's different. That car will move actually, you may think that little car won't move but surprisingly it does! 0-60 in 10 seconds! Not bad for a little SUV. I recommend this vehicle to anyone with at least two children:) it truly is a good gm vehicle.

2007 HHR problems
By Joe V. on 07/01/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a new HHR LS on 2007. Somewhere around 36,000 miles started to hear rattling sound front end. Got worse and took car to GM authorized service. Similar to another posting I saw on this blog, both struts were bad as well as steering column shaft and sway bars. GM and service were good and everything was covered under warranty. Understood from service rep that this might be a common problem with the HHR. Sounds like poor manufacturing. So if you have a '07 or '08 be aware you may be encountering some issues in these areas.

Lots of small problems
By HHR Co-Pilot on 07/01/10 01:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good on the highway in both fuel and performance I think the design needs some rethinking. the front bumper has to be removed to change a burned out headlight. The wiring on the end side lights - sometimes you can't turn them off, some times speakers won't work.couple of other things too.

Loved it, like it now
By GALE LOVELADY on 06/06/10 02:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We love our hhr and the gas mileage is wonderful. The look of the vehicle and the interior is great. I really like the remote start for the cold mornings. The only complaint we really have with the car is the front end it rattles squeaks and shakes and the front end sounds like it is falling out from under it. Every time I touch the brakes easy going slow or out on the highway at a faster speed and use the brakes it just about shakes my hands off the steering wheel. We have had it to the shop several times in the last year to have the rotors turned two times and replaced the rotors and need them replaced again. I feel very unsafe driving the vehicle with this problem.

Frustrated!
By jonpcraw on 05/19/10 11:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased it new. I liked it when i first purchased the car. I travel 80 miles a day to work and now have 63,000 miles on it. It seems like I've had this car in shop too many times. Keep having problems with rattle (bad) in steering had it looked a few times, the car rattles a lot in the bad now. Had to get 2 struts 2 shock absorbers at 50,000. Has been in the shop for brakes 6 times. It's horrible in the snow even with new tires. It's hard to see out the windows because of the design. How the radiator is placed, any stone that is kicked up will put a hole in your radiator, trust me. It does get good gas mileage at 28+ and has room to haul things. Now it's worth nothing in trade.Very disappointed

07 HHR LT
By RSS on 04/27/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Were very excited when we purchased this vehicle. It looks good, fun to drive and gets good gas mileage. The fun ends after about 60,000 miles. Would suggest you trade it in at the 36,000 mile mark. The cost for repairs after that will make you wish you never bought the car.

HHR Review
By HM52425 on 02/13/10 19:01 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Even though I have only had the vehicle for a short time, I am very satisfied with the vehicle. I had researched the vehicle for several months, and this proved to be the best vehicle for my needs. I drive 72 miles , one-way to work, on a daily basis. The gas mileage is good (30+ MPG) and comfort is excellent.

i love my HHR always
By love my HHR always on 01/29/10 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I feel it is a very comfortable car given the price range. The biggest attraction of this car is it's unique retro style from the 1949 Chevy Suburban. I really love that old style with a mix of modern features. Another good thing is the mileage and the seating is really comfortable, leg room. The visibility is OK, but not great because of the unique body shape and windows are small, but that is a not a problem as i get used to it. The biggest problem is the depreciation of the car value. SO , may be a used car would be a best bet. But overall, i recommend this car who love the old style.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.