Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

After 5yrs/135K miles and going strong
By jmeeep

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for it's unique look, decent mileage and ability to carry lots of things. It has been a very reliable car. No problems what so ever. The car does get regular maintance but believe me.. I'm not perfect at it. I recommend this car to anyone just don't mind the car being called 'PT Cruiser' or the white bus. My Fiance hated this car in the beginning and he's a car enthusiast. If you asked him now, he would be hard pressed not to recommend it either. It has been more reliable than his car and he takes care of his own car like a baby!

My Favorite features is the console placement (ie window controls, console lighting). The high windows allow for privacy and shade from the sun. I'm sure some folks might dislike and complain on the visibility but once you get use to it, it's pretty nice. Also, I like the fact that the gas cap is on the right side. Saves me alot of time at SAMs. The car battery is rear of the car which saves room in the front. Good turning radius. The size is small enough to fit into tight parking but enough to carry five people and two dogs in the back.

Two things, I didn't like about the HHR is the factory fabric that came on the seats. It easily stains and collects grim. I opted not to buy monthly interior cleaning when I financed the car but I regret it. Also, it lacks power going uphill. All in all, this is a good car. Worth every penny. I write this as I pay it off next month.

Coast to Coast
By masterx4

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car. Its been great! Went to california from Massachusetts twice! Thats at least 16,000 miles right there! Also down to the Florida keys and back. No problems. We went to the southwest desert, over mountain passes, scorching heat like 107 in Utah, 103 in L.A. Minus temps in the Northeast. Sped across the plains at a over 100 miles an hour, stop and go traffic through washington d.c.....no problems...nothing....zero!

Quick....Fuel efficient....nice cargo space.....cockpit interior feel....cool looking.

Unfortunately, the rotors suck!!! Replaced 4 times. Last time their holding up well, better after market material, cannot take a pot hole well...but what car can? Make it four wheel drive....and you have a complete winner!!!

Nice car, but...
By cbeck3

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is attractive, but that's about it. GM made a poor engine choice with the 2.4l I4. Any attempt at acceleration will result in a whole lot of noise, and that's it. We started to have problems with the front end at around 30,000. It made a clunking noise whenever even the slightest bump was hit. The car was taken to the dealer at least five times with this, and they were never able to fix it. The seats weren't the most comfortable thing in the world, and it was impossible to use the sun visors because the windshield was so small. The wind deflector on the moonroof also broke. Also, the dash felt like it was made of cheap plastic. The car was recently traded for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.

Looks, sound system, cargo space

Build quality, weak front end, weak engine, gas mileage, road noise, and visibility.

Problems after 50K miles
By soclant

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In March 2011, with 57,000 miles a small plastic tab in my shifter assembly broke and I could not remove the key. $357.87 plus disposal fee. I have the old one. April 6th front door handle broke, also plastic. Not happy

Good Car
By craig455

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Premier Edition with 35K on it and put another 25k on it. Overall I like the car a lot. It is comfortable and well equipped. The car has plenty of power and gets upper 20s for gas mileage. Interior room is what you should expect for a compact SUV. To everyone complaining about noise, the issue is the sway bar end links. Replaced mine with aftermarket links for $50 and the problem is gone. Also, the bumper does not need to be removed to change a headlight. It does require removal of the wheel liner (a few screws & plastic fasteners). My only other complaint is the poor quality (de- laminating) Chevy emblem on the back, but this is not limited to the HHR.

Remote start, heated leather seats, premium sound w/subwoofer

Better quality sway bar end links, new supplier for Chevy emblem. Doesn't really matter though. This model is history.