Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

HHR surprise
By bill

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am impressed with the vehicle so far. I bought it in August of this year and have only put on a little over 2000 miles on it. I have not been back to the dealer for a single problem as of now. I have the base model with 5 speed and it is fun to drive and functional for a 50 plus 6'6" male. I do little highway driving and am getting over 23 miles to the gallon around town. My last 3 vehicles have been Toyotas but I could not get a Toyota that I could get my frame into and aford the payment and get 20 plus around town period. The HHR replaces a 98 RAV4 that I purchased new and really liked put on over 130000 miles and was a truly reliable vehicle. My wife likes this better and so do my sons.

Favorite Features

Five speed, stereo, seats,cargo area, digital readouts, turning radius, comfortable to drive, storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Because of my height when at stoplights I have to bend forward and look up to see the light change, perhaps a tad taller roof line or slightly sloped back windshield. 4X4 option would be nice, standard roof racks.

Love it
By K

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's been 2 months and I'm very happy with my purchase. The HHR has a great look, is easy to drive and has lots of head and leg room. Averaging 31mpg is great since I log about 400 miles a week. Sits high enough for my mother to get in and out easily and a very smooth ride. Gauge panel is setup for easy viewing of all gauges.

Favorite Features

Head/leg room, easy handling, cruise control on steering wheel, sound system, light for console controls, dash cubby, and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders can be tricky to get to, top of windshield could be a bit higher. I like the window controls on the center panel, but a higher placement would be better.

HHR is solid fun / great value
By Michael

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Every one who sees and or rides in my HHR is very complimentary. It is an excellent value. People are amazed at how inexpensive a fully loaded HHR is to buy. and looks tastefully different. The HHR has great interior space with folding seats for good versatility. It is spunky and fun to drive and gets very good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Heated seats / moon roof / Hi- Amplified seven speaker stereo W/ MP3 imput (sounds great).

Suggested Improvements

Front cup holders position could be better.

HHR is a cool retro ride
By ducky57

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Turned in a leased Equinox and purchased an '07 HHR with the 2LT chrome package. I was attracted to the HHR by it's "retro" look, favorable safety ratings and decent gas mileage. I am 6 ft tall and the cabin has ample room. It rides smoothly around town and on Freeway, gas mileage is in the 28-30 mpg range (with 2.4 litre engine). It has ample storage room and rear seats fold down nicely with hard coated floor surface. It's a fun and well built ride at an affordable price.

Favorite Features

Auto start, traction control,ABS, XM radio and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Also the overall look of the vehicle is pretty cool from my perspective.

Fun Ride
By Buccley

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car now for almost 3 months and nearly 5k miles. I have 2LT 2.4L. It's a fun car to drive, for a car it's size does well on gas mileage, when I baby it I can get 27 mpg, when I drive more aggressive I can expect about 24.5 mpg. I have older parents and it's really easy for them to get in and out of the car without hitting their head on the way in, and it's a quite smooth ride. I helped a friend move and had plenty of room to haul stuff. The selling price of my HHR was 19.6k, for that price I have the 2LT package, heated leather seats, 6-CD changer, XM radio, and running boards (and some other additional trim). I don't think for that price you can do much better.

Favorite Features

Audio system! 6 CD changer, XM, 7- speaker Pioneer audio, and heated leather seats make this car truly a joy to drive every day. Ice cold AC, and remote starter, I live in Central Florida and it's nice to get cold AC cranked before you get to the car.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder placement is under the arm rest, and makes it kind of annoying, and window controls are down below the radio. I think that the hard plastics of the dash can be improved, not that they are that bad, I just think that they could be done in a more attractive manner.