Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Love my LT2!
By malinche

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Waited over 2 years to get my LT2 2.4 & absolutely love it. I get about 25 mpg city driving. I have a blast driving & look for any reason to do so. It is still pretty stock (the look is what attracted me to it & I still love it), but go to many car shows with it & get lots of compliments. My sister is even considering the SS for an everyday car (has an 07 Tahoe) to save on gas. We are a Chevrolet family and my chromed out LT2 is a nice addition to it. So open the sunroof, put on some cool fuzzy dice and go for a drive!

Sunroof, remote start, heated seats, PAL for my iPod & heck, I even like the window button & cup holder placements (I don't eat in my car, so no big deal & only window I open is sunroof!). Lots of cool and inexpensive mods out there to personalize it.

Maybe a standard sway bar-but an inexpensive add & will add soon. No prob seeing traffic lights (have old school traffic light prism to see better).

Great Economical Family Car
By richmcm

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at 7 cars in this class and liked the HHR best of all. What sold us. Well the styling was very appealing but the quiet ride, adequate power, nice interior layout with awesome cargo space and plenty of room in the back seats were the final selling pieces. We have over 4000 miles on this everyday work HHR and find it to be more that we expected. We live in the Northeast so one of the best features is the remote starting. Very nice to get into a warm car in these cold mornings. Getting 30 MPG is also very good. We are both over 50 so we will take the soft, quite ride over the stiff harder ride like the Masda 3 5 door had. The HHR fit and finish is also very impressive.

Remote starting, cargo layout, 5 function drivers seat.

I like it like it is but if you are going to put roof racks on the car, like our LT, the please include the cross members so we can use it and not have to purchase it later on.

HHR Problems
By KElly

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had my car for almost a year and I really enjoy it. I have had to have it in the shop three times for the same thing, something in the front end makes a rattleing noise, they replaced the steering column and some other bar but the problem comes right back. I drive on asphault all of the time, my driveway is gravel and that is when you can really tell that something isn't right in the front end of the car. Also the brakes have overheated and had my rotors turned three times, didn't fix the problem. These are really the only problems that I have been experiencing with my HHR.

I love the look of the vehicle, completely different than the PT Cruiser. I also like the color options, mine is sunburst orange, very catchy.

Better quality in the front end parts, cupholder placement, noise in the interior too loud.

Lovin' it
By BayouMan

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fun car to own. The interior and exterior design are great. There are some blind spots but these are nothing compared to many vehicles. I have a bad back and have found the car to be quite comfortable and it also accomodates my 6'1'' frame well. Storage and rear seat leg room have been good. Gas mileage has been 29 mpg in town and the car possesses adequate power withe 170hp engine, better than the Matrix, Corolla, and Civic. I have found this car to be great value for the price. The only complaint is a periodic light (very light) rattle in the door frame but I have not attempted to fix this yet. This is my favorite car yet in my 27 years of owning vehicles.

I love the circular vents. These help greatly without having dual climate controls. The lumbar support and driver seat adjustments are great. The ability to program numerous radio stations on a favorite list has been nice.

It would be nice to have the window controls elsewhere and better access to the cupholders. While the seats are very comfortable, I think the arm rests could be designed to be more sturdy. There have not been any issues with this but it does not look to be very durable for the life of the car.

A New Dawn for the General
By Partsman999

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven or owned almost every manufacture/ models made from Ladas to Lincolns. I can say that this HHR is value for money and fun to drive. We looked at hybrids and the Prius was to small for our needs and the highlander was way over priced, with equal milage we chose the HHR LT1, we have so far got 26mpg around town, and 35 on highway. We have the Auto option transmission.

Road handling. smooth ride "like a magic carpet" and mileage

May be a hybrid version/diesel

• SUV