Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

High MPG HHR
By Ken

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 5 speed manual, 2.2 liter engine. I get far better mileage than the EPA estimates. Around town, I get around 28 mpg, and on trips I get 36 - 38 mpg! Its a terrific vehicle and I am totally satisfied with it.

Favorite Features

I love the manual 5 speed transmission!

Great Car
By Bob B

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Drive 98 miles daily in town and highway gas mileage avg 34 miles per gal. Fun to drive. Had 6 months. Have no problems.

Favorite Features

Comfort great, sound tight, auto built well

Great little car
By herbertthered

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to get in & out of - I'm 6'. Has been great in a MN winter. Handling is excellent. Corners like a dream. Has plenty of power. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed driving a stick. Has a lot more room inside than you'd think at first glance. Fuel economy according to display has been as high as 34+. During winter it dropped to 29+. Perhaps the best designed vehicle I've had in 20 years. I checked the options & decided standard had everything I wanted. Plus, it's "cool" - it will turn some heads.

Favorite Features

Interior room, handling, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Could use one more gear. The power range seems to be between 2,000 - 3,000 rpm's. At freeway speeds it generally is around 2,900. Fuel economy suffers a bit as a result. One more gear would help.

Love my LT2!
By malinche

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Waited over 2 years to get my LT2 2.4 & absolutely love it. I get about 25 mpg city driving. I have a blast driving & look for any reason to do so. It is still pretty stock (the look is what attracted me to it & I still love it), but go to many car shows with it & get lots of compliments. My sister is even considering the SS for an everyday car (has an 07 Tahoe) to save on gas. We are a Chevrolet family and my chromed out LT2 is a nice addition to it. So open the sunroof, put on some cool fuzzy dice and go for a drive!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, remote start, heated seats, PAL for my iPod & heck, I even like the window button & cup holder placements (I don't eat in my car, so no big deal & only window I open is sunroof!). Lots of cool and inexpensive mods out there to personalize it.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a standard sway bar-but an inexpensive add & will add soon. No prob seeing traffic lights (have old school traffic light prism to see better).

Great Economical Family Car
By richmcm

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at 7 cars in this class and liked the HHR best of all. What sold us. Well the styling was very appealing but the quiet ride, adequate power, nice interior layout with awesome cargo space and plenty of room in the back seats were the final selling pieces. We have over 4000 miles on this everyday work HHR and find it to be more that we expected. We live in the Northeast so one of the best features is the remote starting. Very nice to get into a warm car in these cold mornings. Getting 30 MPG is also very good. We are both over 50 so we will take the soft, quite ride over the stiff harder ride like the Masda 3 5 door had. The HHR fit and finish is also very impressive.

Favorite Features

Remote starting, cargo layout, 5 function drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

I like it like it is but if you are going to put roof racks on the car, like our LT, the please include the cross members so we can use it and not have to purchase it later on.