Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Most Helpful|
poor body integrity
By joni

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really love to drive my HHR LT, but the exterior body has gotten really bad. I live on a gravel road and the the rims are flaking off and I have absolutely no paint left in front of my rear wheel wells. It is starting to rust all ready and I have under 28,000 miles on it. Took it back to dealer at under 10,000 miles and they really didn't care. Have replaced the sway bar links already too. Just a cheap car. Gas mileage should be better than 25 average, but it's not. Bad handling in winter conditions also should be noted.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet should build cars that don't fall apart under 30,000 miles and stand behind their warranty as bumper to bumper. It shouldn't matter that I drive on gravel as to why they won't back customer satisfaction,

Lots of small problems
By HHR Co-Pilot

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good on the highway in both fuel and performance I think the design needs some rethinking. the front bumper has to be removed to change a burned out headlight. The wiring on the end side lights - sometimes you can't turn them off, some times speakers won't work.couple of other things too.

Favorite Features

quick pick up to highway speed, and how it looks .

Suggested Improvements

less plastic parts exp: door hands, guard rail bottom front and having the battery in the trunk and the hatch door locking when the batteries dead was a real problem.

Coast to Coast
By masterx4

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car. Its been great! Went to california from Massachusetts twice! Thats at least 16,000 miles right there! Also down to the Florida keys and back. No problems. We went to the southwest desert, over mountain passes, scorching heat like 107 in Utah, 103 in L.A. Minus temps in the Northeast. Sped across the plains at a over 100 miles an hour, stop and go traffic through washington d.c.....no problems...nothing....zero!

Favorite Features

Quick....Fuel efficient....nice cargo space.....cockpit interior feel....cool looking.

Suggested Improvements

Unfortunately, the rotors suck!!! Replaced 4 times. Last time their holding up well, better after market material, cannot take a pot hole well...but what car can? Make it four wheel drive....and you have a complete winner!!!

LOVE MY HHR!!!!
By lyrics4mama

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used HHR in 2012, with 14k miles on it. Love the head room, and cargo space. Great on gas. Love the look. My husband is 6ft 3 in and has plenty of room. This is a wonderful car for travel, both in comfort and riding. It is awesome, and fun to drive. Its not a "powerhouse", but will get up and go. Love the fold down seats in the back. Took a while to get use to the window controls on the console, but like it now. My one and only complaint is the cup holders are located in an awkward place. Love the functionality of all the gadgets (radio, climate control, cruise control, etc...), very accessable, and easy to operate. Great for a family with children, from infant to older teens.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, cargo space, head room, comfort, unique look, fun to drive, dependable, affordable, great for families with children from infant to older teens, excellent car for travel, love this car!

Suggested Improvements

would place the cup holders in a less awkward place--- other then that LOVE it

Accident
By jordan2014

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle, its an amazing gas saver. I was so so about buying this car but my wife wanted it so we obviously got it. After 6 days today being the 6th me and my 19 month old were on my way to pick up my new born and wife from the hospital, and along the way we lost control and had flipped 4 or 5 times. The only damage was the roof. The above airbags deployed and saved my sons and I lives. I very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone for the safety, all i can say now is thank you chevy.. thank you

Favorite Features

Safety. Its perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Not a lot of space for cups, driver seat gets some getting use to, definitely some blind spots