2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
2007 HHR Sunburst Orange(2LT)
By Tim on 06/18/07 08:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The more we drive this car the more we love it. We have a friend who bought one and once we got in it we liked it.Purchased the 2LT model with all the bells and whistles except OnStar. If you like the Sunburst Orange but not sure of the color from the info it is a perfect color for this style of car and the pictures do not do it justice. It is more coppery when you actually get to see it. The black leather sure looks sharp in this color. It is nice to see a car with chrome on it again. The 17" polished aluminum wheels are a very nice touch.

New HHR Review
By Ceil Johnson on 06/17/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

HHR is a nice looking car and I have all the bells and whistles. However, it is short on power and when the sunroof is open, it makes too much noise. The insulation in the car where the open hood is, insulation is coming out. For the MSRP, the car is cheaply made and overpriced. Too much plastic inside vehicle, mirrors are not lighted and the side panels are cheaply made.

HHR Heaven
By vg on 06/16/07 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't drive on the highway much except to the airport, I am an around town/back and forth to work driver. This vehicle replaced a Suzuki small SUV that I loved. However, the HHR is a great replacement. Very comfortable seats and very smooth drive, maneuverability, quiet,peppy (I have the 2.4L) and it is great in town. Good price for the money. I recommend it.

HHR is a blast!
By stymie on 06/15/07 19:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the HHR mainly for the looks and economy. It is quite adequate in both categories. Performance is a little suspect even with the big 4 cylinder engine and the premium fuel suggestion is absurd. It runs fine on mid grade or even regular. No pinging and no noticeable power loss. It is fun to drive and handles very well. The XM radio is great but the cup holders are not very good. I am still trying to figure out what that little light next to the sunroof controls is for. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase and coming from a Ram 1500 Quad Cab with hemi engine I love being able to drive by a gas station without stopping.

Love the Chevy HHR
By Frank on 06/14/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped the PT Cruiser, Jeep Compass, etc. but this HHR was the obvious choice. Very fun car to drive. Gets double-takes out on the highway. Stick shift is fun to drive and has neat old style chrome shifter. Getting 30 to 34 mpg on the highway. Will carry 5 people comfortably or a bunch of cargo with seats folded down, up to 8' long. Very quiet and comfortable while driving. Lots of storage areas, although map pockets in door are not big enough. Base stereo is OK. Has features you would not expect for such an inexpensive car - cruise control, power windows, power programmable door locks (they lock and unlock automatically) , A/C, electromagnetic power steering, keyless entry and alarm, etc.

New Item for us.
By k gainey on 05/30/07 23:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We are very satisfied with our HHR. We have three small children, and they have plenty of room as well as the front two passengers. It is very hard to use the cupholders up front while driving. Other than that the only other odd thing is the battery placement. What is up with that? I haven't even seen the battery yet. I hope all of the rear storage doesn't have to be removed to get to it. I am disabled and this would pose a problem for myself. Other than those small things, the SUV is great in every way.

Amazed by a GM
By pooder on 05/30/07 04:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle strictly for comfort as I am 6' tall. I found it to have the most creature comforts for the money, and, it's just plain old fun to drive.

Great for the money, but...
By dadkars on 05/29/07 00:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my gas guzzling Suburban, paying the gas was just plain crazy! At first I thought I had settled for the HHR, boy I was wrong. I love my HHR. Fun to drive, not as nimble as a MINI but awesome for under $16K. We like it so much that we are considering trading my wife's car for the special edition HHR or the Super Sport HHR. One huge complaint, I really believe everyone should complain about the $395 option for rear air bags! Crazy! Chevy should include this in every HHR. That would seal the deal. If I would have know before, I would have ordered an HHR with the option of airbags for the rear seats.

So far so good
By jean on 05/24/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well, left my VW Jetta 1.8 Turbo ( end of lease ) for this car. Took the car for a drive twice and fell in love with the looks, ease of getting in or out, smooth ride, milleage and price. Got the base model 2.2,LS, 5 manual and no frills. Big change in lifestyle but so far, so good. Enjoying the ride and good gas usage so far.. 8.5L TO 100 Kms, city driving during the first 1000Kms break in period. Great AC and heating systems.

Love it!
By mekiess on 05/14/07 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We loved it the minute we drove it. The only complaints we have are the location of the cup holders and the shortness of the arm rests. We particulary like the shape of the door handles. Anybody with a hand problem can easily open this door. Also, be careful closing the hatch with your hip, my husband did this and it left of dent! We have to have bodywork on our HHR with only 1000 miles on it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.