Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Brand new for $12,500!
By John

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Liked the retro look from when I first saw the concept car, always been a Chevy fan but only owned their trucks (3/4 ton HD) all my cars had been imports. I traded in a CRV for this car because it was the most car for the money period! We saw an ad price for $12,500 for the LS and with my GM card discount we drove home in it for $11,500 brand new! cheaper than a cobalt or focus, or a less equipped hyundai! We love that the base model has so many features standard. Oh, and did I mention how great the mileage is? We average 36 on trips and have on one trip gone over 600 miles on one tank! For snow, we bought Bridgstone Blizzack studless and they are amazing! No need for AWD

Style, trip computer, black seats to hide kids messes! Fuel economy, long distance comfort. Driving a econo car that gets noticed is a bonus

Front end: We have had to have the intermediate steering shaft replaced at 3000 miles, and I think the sway bar bushings are clunking or the shock is bad on the front passenger side. Interior is so quiet that these problems really stand out. Still love the car!

I love my HHR
By Jessica

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I'll admit at first I was not excited about it because I don't think it's the most attractive of vehicles on the outside, but once I stepped inside I fell in love. I got used to the outside, and the only thing Also, I don't know what everyone's talking about with their car being in the shop. I travel everywhere with this car, almost had it for a year and driven over 10000 miles and it's still going strong with no problems. Though, I did get in one accident and my car had the slightest dent/scratch on it while the other was nearly totaled. So it's a pretty tough car.

Smooth drive. Very comfortable. Plus the inside is pretty

It has terrible, terrible blind spots. The windows are so tiny you have to be very aware when turning or switching lanes.

Love - Hate Relationship
By Tigger

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love my HHR and I won't give it up, but I hate that it has been in the shop so much. It is a blast to drive - especially since mine has the 2.2 with a 5-speed transmission. Great fuel mileage - average 27 mpg daily driving and 33 mpg on highway. Items replaced thus far, upper and lower steering shafts, front brake rotors and brake pads, radio (three times), front sway bar bushings, and body control module (related to radio issues). Running boards and Splash guards are a must if you experience winter driving conditions (protects paint on rear doors). Changed tires to Goodyear TripleTreads (Original Firestone Affinity tires were junk) and I now have better control, handling, and traction.

Great retro body styling of vehicle. Total blast to drive – consider the 5- speed transmission. Room for the whole family - including the dog (golden retriever). Location of oil filter element (front right side on top of engine). Large side mirrors (compensates for the poor rear window visibilty.

Relocation of window controls to doors - corrected on 2009 model. Make running boards and splash guard standard equipment on all models. Use different tires - oem tires are terrible in winter and rainy conditions. Add key entry to rear hatch and ability to open glass rather than the whole hatch.

A mileage wonder
By Michael Davis

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been a mileage surprise. EPA estimates of 30 are often exceeded on longer trips. A recent 400-mile, one-way trip got 31 mpg with several in town stops, while the return, mostly non-stop trip logged 34.5 on the onboard computer, but 39 mpg when actually running the numbers on the calculator! This was at 59-60 mph for most of the way. This replace a 1994 S-10 Blazer that only did 24 mpg on its best days. I wish professional reviewers would quit putting so much emphasis on a vehicle's ability to rocket off the line. Except for race car drivers, we are not buying cars to win drag races. The HHR has plenty of power to accelerate from stop lights and to merge onto freeways.

Handling. Small size makes it easy to park and maneuver in small places, yet it has a lot of hauling capacity, especially with the rear seats folded flat.

The driver's power seat really should have more ability to go down. That would help visibility when using the visors.

Love my HHR
By Nina

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned mine for about a month now. I love it. I did read the reviews prior to purchase so some small things I agree with. The door locks, why are they so tall. Makes hard to have your arm on door. Also interior easily staining is so true. I mean water on seats stained and that is so odd to me. I was frustrated as my car didn't come with trunk mat. I did shop around. The dealear wanted $104. for the rubber mat. I actually found a lot of them on ebay for $49. So check that out if you need one. Other than that all is great. I dont see any issues. Everyone loves it and my kids finally have room to relax. Great car don't hesitate.

My favorites are gas mileage. I like how smooth car rides. I love the color, I got the gold. I like the fact that windows where already tinted. Super affordable for the used one I got. Glad I got this car and not PT cruiser. I see those every few blocks. I rarely see HHR and I like that.

Cup holders arent in best spot. I don't like door locks. I think they could do better on wheels.