2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
luv it or leave it
By karen golob on 09/13/09 21:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am not very happy with gm I bought my car used with factory warranty to 1000,00 mi. The car has 53,000mi My transmission has been slipping I took it to dealer they didn't fix it they gave it a new gasket supposedly. tear down transmission, replaced side cover gasket. I'm not happy with gm I'm going to need to keep complaining for them to fix it properly. I'm worried transmission is already on its way out it sickens i bought car 2007 used 32,000 mi I luv style of car and the way it rides but I'm afraid of keeping it to long I think I have lemon signed depressed

Fell out of Love...FAST!!!
By bowtiegirl on 03/01/09 07:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We absolutely loved our HHR Panel LT with its retro design. White with floor boards, heated leather seats, etc... Before the cowl seal leak that flooded the passenger side floor board and soaked the carpet with 3+ inches of rain water. It was fixed according to the local Chevy service department under warranty but, who knows? will it leak again? the thought of another rain water leak makes me sick! Fell out of love fast!

Luv it but
By happy on 01/29/09 20:37 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with the HHR however, I am from the northeast and this winter has been very cold.The reason I bring the weather up is in the morning when I get on the hughway the engine is quite loud. Getting to the highway I have a little dip or two to go over. When I do go over them it sounds like I lost my under carriage. After like five miles this to calms down. The car has a low front end so stay on well plowed roads.

Definetely a summer car.
By Kellie Schaefer on 01/03/09 12:58 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

HHR is definetely a summer car not a winter car. Ice gets between the bottom of lower front fender and door and freezes up preventing us from getting in and out of car. Outside of that it has been a great car, my average MPG is 27.

Cute but needs some redesign
By Kenn on 12/01/08 19:57 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have almost had 3 wrecks due to the blind spot dealing with the windshield pillars. They are very thick for such a small vehicle. The windshield needs to be bigger, when I put the visor down I have to slump down in the seat to seat under the dumb thing. GM did move for 2009 the window controls to the door they are a pain in front of the gear shift. The cup holders are too close together so you cannot have to larger cokes in them and then the armrest are in the way to get to your drink. It needs to have a console and lots more cubby holes. There is a lot of space that is wasted that could have been utilized for storage. The storage in the door is way to small needs to accomodate drinks

Great Economical Family Car
By richmcm on 03/01/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at 7 cars in this class and liked the HHR best of all. What sold us. Well the styling was very appealing but the quiet ride, adequate power, nice interior layout with awesome cargo space and plenty of room in the back seats were the final selling pieces. We have over 4000 miles on this everyday work HHR and find it to be more that we expected. We live in the Northeast so one of the best features is the remote starting. Very nice to get into a warm car in these cold mornings. Getting 30 MPG is also very good. We are both over 50 so we will take the soft, quite ride over the stiff harder ride like the Masda 3 5 door had. The HHR fit and finish is also very impressive.

HHR is solid fun / great value
By Michael on 11/20/07 10:31 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Every one who sees and or rides in my HHR is very complimentary. It is an excellent value. People are amazed at how inexpensive a fully loaded HHR is to buy. and looks tastefully different. The HHR has great interior space with folding seats for good versatility. It is spunky and fun to drive and gets very good gas mileage.

HHR=Horrible Horrible Ride
By Brandon Mayo on 10/11/07 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my HHR for less than 3 months and it has been in the shop for a total of a month and a half. It rattles squeeaks and shakes and the front end sounds like it is falling out from under it. DO NOT BUY ONE! Check out some of the forums on the internet. I sure wish I had before buying mine. Truly sad because the car looks good and I love the features. Hoping they will buy it back!

HHR the best compact wagon/suv
By asian_chevyfan on 10/08/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I did an extensive research for the best wagon/suv that has 2.4L engine before buying our HHR. RAV4, Sportage, CRV, XB, Element, and Tucson beat the HHR in cargo capacity. But HHR beats them all in engine power, fuel mileage, and price. And HHR is also one of the CRs "Consumer Recommended" car. A loaded HHR for $22K like ours is a price that is hard to beat!

Nice Fun vehicle
By gsize19 on 09/27/07 09:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So the wife is looking for a vehicle, wanted a Hyundai Sante Fe, I went to the dealership the day before and told the salesman, I guarantee when she sees he HHR, she will want this, as I am a Chevy man. Took the Hyundai for a spin, she was ready to sign, I told her, lets look at the HHR. I had not even started the engine yet, and she wanted this vehicle. Comfortable, all the goodies, roomy for passengers, just an all around great vehicle. I wish it came in a 6 cylinder, but that's neither here nor there. Seems to be a very reliable automobile that is comfortable and attracts a lot of attention in the Southern Ohio area. You don't see many here, but I have had many say they like it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.