2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Accident
By jordan2014 on 03/02/14 15:32 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle, its an amazing gas saver. I was so so about buying this car but my wife wanted it so we obviously got it. After 6 days today being the 6th me and my 19 month old were on my way to pick up my new born and wife from the hospital, and along the way we lost control and had flipped 4 or 5 times. The only damage was the roof. The above airbags deployed and saved my sons and I lives. I very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone for the safety, all i can say now is thank you chevy.. thank you

Original owner 130,000 miles later
By waz3 on 08/15/12 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I bought mine brand new and now have 130,000 miles on. It is driven almost 100 miles a day. my only compliant is the sway link bar. Other than regular maintenance this car is a charm and I will drive it until the doors fall off.

A good attempt.
By kenmo6 on 06/15/12 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR is a good idea, a compact sport ute designed after a vintage Suburuban. However, it comes with flaws. Chrome stickers that easily peel off of door handles are just part of drawbacks to a decent car that has some great potential & storage capabilities. The interior, while not badly laid out, is littered with cheap plastics. A high belt line & low roof line give a nice look but combine for poor headroom & blind spots. The 4 spd auto trans. is antiquated but shifting is good & fuel economy is ok but should be better. Power is also good & handling is exceptional for the bulky design, but is hampered by torque steer. Ride is good but comes with rattles & squeaks. Still, a good attempt.

Nice car, but...
By cbeck3 on 02/02/12 17:40 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is attractive, but that's about it. GM made a poor engine choice with the 2.4l I4. Any attempt at acceleration will result in a whole lot of noise, and that's it. We started to have problems with the front end at around 30,000. It made a clunking noise whenever even the slightest bump was hit. The car was taken to the dealer at least five times with this, and they were never able to fix it. The seats weren't the most comfortable thing in the world, and it was impossible to use the sun visors because the windshield was so small. The wind deflector on the moonroof also broke. Also, the dash felt like it was made of cheap plastic. The car was recently traded for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.

Problems after 50K miles
By soclant on 05/17/11 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In March 2011, with 57,000 miles a small plastic tab in my shifter assembly broke and I could not remove the key. $357.87 plus disposal fee. I have the old one. April 6th front door handle broke, also plastic. Not happy

Good Car
By craig455 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Premier Edition with 35K on it and put another 25k on it. Overall I like the car a lot. It is comfortable and well equipped. The car has plenty of power and gets upper 20s for gas mileage. Interior room is what you should expect for a compact SUV. To everyone complaining about noise, the issue is the sway bar end links. Replaced mine with aftermarket links for $50 and the problem is gone. Also, the bumper does not need to be removed to change a headlight. It does require removal of the wheel liner (a few screws & plastic fasteners). My only other complaint is the poor quality (de- laminating) Chevy emblem on the back, but this is not limited to the HHR.

Reliable Unique Econo-Box
By KDW on 09/04/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used in 2008 with 29,000 miles. It has been a reliable, comfortable commuter that gets good gas mileage, 26.5 City/Hwy average. I travel 60 miles round trip to work 1/2 city 1/2 high way and when I hyper- mile it I can average 28 mpg but what fun is that! The car is laid out well and hauls an amazing amount of stuff for such a little car. The interior is laid out thoughtfully but the window buttons are annoying. My biggest complaints are performance and visibility. This car is just NOT fun to drive and it's VERY hard to see out of. I added small peep mirrors and that helped but the overall visibility is appalling. Re: steering, it doesn't inspire confidence in turns

My HHR
By Gerald Patry on 07/13/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I purchased my vehicle I did research. The gas mileage was well for what I needed, the interior and exterior was sane for me and I thought the vehicle was cute. The car maybe ugly to some people but we all have our opinions. I like the unique style it has, it's different. That car will move actually, you may think that little car won't move but surprisingly it does! 0-60 in 10 seconds! Not bad for a little SUV. I recommend this vehicle to anyone with at least two children:) it truly is a good gm vehicle.

Loved it, like it now
By GALE LOVELADY on 06/06/10 02:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We love our hhr and the gas mileage is wonderful. The look of the vehicle and the interior is great. I really like the remote start for the cold mornings. The only complaint we really have with the car is the front end it rattles squeaks and shakes and the front end sounds like it is falling out from under it. Every time I touch the brakes easy going slow or out on the highway at a faster speed and use the brakes it just about shakes my hands off the steering wheel. We have had it to the shop several times in the last year to have the rotors turned two times and replaced the rotors and need them replaced again. I feel very unsafe driving the vehicle with this problem.

Frustrated!
By jonpcraw on 05/19/10 11:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased it new. I liked it when i first purchased the car. I travel 80 miles a day to work and now have 63,000 miles on it. It seems like I've had this car in shop too many times. Keep having problems with rattle (bad) in steering had it looked a few times, the car rattles a lot in the bad now. Had to get 2 struts 2 shock absorbers at 50,000. Has been in the shop for brakes 6 times. It's horrible in the snow even with new tires. It's hard to see out the windows because of the design. How the radiator is placed, any stone that is kicked up will put a hole in your radiator, trust me. It does get good gas mileage at 28+ and has room to haul things. Now it's worth nothing in trade.Very disappointed

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.