Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR LS Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

LOVE MY HHR!!!!
By lyrics4mama

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used HHR in 2012, with 14k miles on it. Love the head room, and cargo space. Great on gas. Love the look. My husband is 6ft 3 in and has plenty of room. This is a wonderful car for travel, both in comfort and riding. It is awesome, and fun to drive. Its not a "powerhouse", but will get up and go. Love the fold down seats in the back. Took a while to get use to the window controls on the console, but like it now. My one and only complaint is the cup holders are located in an awkward place. Love the functionality of all the gadgets (radio, climate control, cruise control, etc...), very accessable, and easy to operate. Great for a family with children, from infant to older teens.

gas mileage, cargo space, head room, comfort, unique look, fun to drive, dependable, affordable, great for families with children from infant to older teens, excellent car for travel, love this car!

would place the cup holders in a less awkward place--- other then that LOVE it

After 5yrs/135K miles and going strong
By jmeeep

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for it's unique look, decent mileage and ability to carry lots of things. It has been a very reliable car. No problems what so ever. The car does get regular maintance but believe me.. I'm not perfect at it. I recommend this car to anyone just don't mind the car being called 'PT Cruiser' or the white bus. My Fiance hated this car in the beginning and he's a car enthusiast. If you asked him now, he would be hard pressed not to recommend it either. It has been more reliable than his car and he takes care of his own car like a baby!

My Favorite features is the console placement (ie window controls, console lighting). The high windows allow for privacy and shade from the sun. I'm sure some folks might dislike and complain on the visibility but once you get use to it, it's pretty nice. Also, I like the fact that the gas cap is on the right side. Saves me alot of time at SAMs. The car battery is rear of the car which saves room in the front. Good turning radius. The size is small enough to fit into tight parking but enough to carry five people and two dogs in the back.

Two things, I didn't like about the HHR is the factory fabric that came on the seats. It easily stains and collects grim. I opted not to buy monthly interior cleaning when I financed the car but I regret it. Also, it lacks power going uphill. All in all, this is a good car. Worth every penny. I write this as I pay it off next month.

Coast to Coast
By masterx4

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car. Its been great! Went to california from Massachusetts twice! Thats at least 16,000 miles right there! Also down to the Florida keys and back. No problems. We went to the southwest desert, over mountain passes, scorching heat like 107 in Utah, 103 in L.A. Minus temps in the Northeast. Sped across the plains at a over 100 miles an hour, stop and go traffic through washington d.c.....no problems...nothing....zero!

Quick....Fuel efficient....nice cargo space.....cockpit interior feel....cool looking.

Unfortunately, the rotors suck!!! Replaced 4 times. Last time their holding up well, better after market material, cannot take a pot hole well...but what car can? Make it four wheel drive....and you have a complete winner!!!

Awful car!
By Brad

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR used from a local dealership, which was my first mistake. The car, had front struts replaced twice, had to buy new tires for the front, strut mounts replaced, and a bunch of other parts, so I've been told, all before 40K. Had all the work done at the Chevy Dealership and its still not right. Rides rough, front end shakes, annoying rattling noise never goes away, and now the rear end is starting to make knocking noises. Also, when I stop it has started acting like it wants to shut off, was told nothing was wrong, of course. I regret ever looking at this car. After 7 visits to the dealership in just over 2 years this car is still a piece of junk! Will never buy GM again.

Cargo area is plastic so you can just wipe it out.

GM, fix the problems that you know are effecting a lot of people. We don't all have money to keep putting in a car that you know was not built well.

2007 HHR problems
By Joe V.

2007 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a new HHR LS on 2007. Somewhere around 36,000 miles started to hear rattling sound front end. Got worse and took car to GM authorized service. Similar to another posting I saw on this blog, both struts were bad as well as steering column shaft and sway bars. GM and service were good and everything was covered under warranty. Understood from service rep that this might be a common problem with the HHR. Sounds like poor manufacturing. So if you have a '07 or '08 be aware you may be encountering some issues in these areas.

Gas mileage, looks, and lots of storage space.

Window buttons on drivers side door. Mudflaps to avoid paint chipping. Arm rest on drivers side seems a little high.