2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
LOVE MY HHR!!!!
By lyrics4mama on 09/07/12 01:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used HHR in 2012, with 14k miles on it. Love the head room, and cargo space. Great on gas. Love the look. My husband is 6ft 3 in and has plenty of room. This is a wonderful car for travel, both in comfort and riding. It is awesome, and fun to drive. Its not a "powerhouse", but will get up and go. Love the fold down seats in the back. Took a while to get use to the window controls on the console, but like it now. My one and only complaint is the cup holders are located in an awkward place. Love the functionality of all the gadgets (radio, climate control, cruise control, etc...), very accessable, and easy to operate. Great for a family with children, from infant to older teens.

After 5yrs/135K miles and going strong
By jmeeep on 04/24/12 13:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for it's unique look, decent mileage and ability to carry lots of things. It has been a very reliable car. No problems what so ever. The car does get regular maintance but believe me.. I'm not perfect at it. I recommend this car to anyone just don't mind the car being called 'PT Cruiser' or the white bus. My Fiance hated this car in the beginning and he's a car enthusiast. If you asked him now, he would be hard pressed not to recommend it either. It has been more reliable than his car and he takes care of his own car like a baby!

Coast to Coast
By masterx4 on 02/13/12 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car. Its been great! Went to california from Massachusetts twice! Thats at least 16,000 miles right there! Also down to the Florida keys and back. No problems. We went to the southwest desert, over mountain passes, scorching heat like 107 in Utah, 103 in L.A. Minus temps in the Northeast. Sped across the plains at a over 100 miles an hour, stop and go traffic through washington d.c.....no problems...nothing....zero!

Awful car!
By Brad on 08/18/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR used from a local dealership, which was my first mistake. The car, had front struts replaced twice, had to buy new tires for the front, strut mounts replaced, and a bunch of other parts, so I've been told, all before 40K. Had all the work done at the Chevy Dealership and its still not right. Rides rough, front end shakes, annoying rattling noise never goes away, and now the rear end is starting to make knocking noises. Also, when I stop it has started acting like it wants to shut off, was told nothing was wrong, of course. I regret ever looking at this car. After 7 visits to the dealership in just over 2 years this car is still a piece of junk! Will never buy GM again.

2007 HHR problems
By Joe V. on 07/01/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a new HHR LS on 2007. Somewhere around 36,000 miles started to hear rattling sound front end. Got worse and took car to GM authorized service. Similar to another posting I saw on this blog, both struts were bad as well as steering column shaft and sway bars. GM and service were good and everything was covered under warranty. Understood from service rep that this might be a common problem with the HHR. Sounds like poor manufacturing. So if you have a '07 or '08 be aware you may be encountering some issues in these areas.

Lots of small problems
By HHR Co-Pilot on 07/01/10 01:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good on the highway in both fuel and performance I think the design needs some rethinking. the front bumper has to be removed to change a burned out headlight. The wiring on the end side lights - sometimes you can't turn them off, some times speakers won't work.couple of other things too.

i love my HHR always
By love my HHR always on 01/29/10 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I feel it is a very comfortable car given the price range. The biggest attraction of this car is it's unique retro style from the 1949 Chevy Suburban. I really love that old style with a mix of modern features. Another good thing is the mileage and the seating is really comfortable, leg room. The visibility is OK, but not great because of the unique body shape and windows are small, but that is a not a problem as i get used to it. The biggest problem is the depreciation of the car value. SO , may be a used car would be a best bet. But overall, i recommend this car who love the old style.

GAS MILAGE
By SEEKER on 11/06/09 21:35 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in May 2009. I have only had it for 6 months, but I have had no problems and I can get up to 40 miles on highway. Maybe thats be cause I drive a stick and I do drive a ways back from semis to cut the wind shear. I love my car. Only complaints is the arm rest seems to high, I can't stand that my window controls are in the middle, and the little windows make me feel like I don't have enough visibility. To many blind spots.

It serves its purpose
By Irv Goldberg on 05/13/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started shopping for a roomy vehicle that i could afford and could afford to run. I didn't have the need for speed or a handling package since most of the work the car would be doing would be on the interstate. With the HHR I feel I hit the transportation jackpot. I regularly fit a string bass, 2 amps, several guitars, a sax or 2 and three humans inside fairly comfortably. Over the life of the car so far, I am AVERAGING 29.9 mph. Fully loaded on the hiway I've never done worse than 33.5 mph. Splitting the gas 3 ways at todays gas prices, that works out to about 2 cents/mile. The HHR is quiet, comfortable and very reliable. Easy to drive, a great turning radius and very easy to park.

You can tell it's a Chevy.....
By Big Patrick on 05/13/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 07 HHR new in 2007. By the time 2008 rolled around it was worth about 10K less than the sticker price on a trade. The car was much better built then my 2004 Cavalier...but that does not say much. In my 20 months of ownership I had multiple electrical issues, suspension problems and fuel mileage down to under 23mpg consistently. It looks more spacious then it really is. I would be more likely to recommend this vehicle as a used car....don't get suckered in to buying a new one because it drops in value sooooooo quick you can't get your dollar's worth out of it before it will be off the road. My summary: Decent car, don't forget that you are buying a Chevy and it will cost you!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.