Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Accident
By jordan2014

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle, its an amazing gas saver. I was so so about buying this car but my wife wanted it so we obviously got it. After 6 days today being the 6th me and my 19 month old were on my way to pick up my new born and wife from the hospital, and along the way we lost control and had flipped 4 or 5 times. The only damage was the roof. The above airbags deployed and saved my sons and I lives. I very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone for the safety, all i can say now is thank you chevy.. thank you

Favorite Features

Safety. Its perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Not a lot of space for cups, driver seat gets some getting use to, definitely some blind spots

Happy with my HHR
By bones21

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a Chev. HHR from Hertrich's Capitol in Dover, DE. I am very pleased with my car. It took some time getting use to since I was use to a bigger windshield. The car gets good gas mileage. Hertrich's made me a good deal with the price too. I would recommend going to this dealer. They work hard in satisfying their customers. This is our third car that we have purchased from tem.

Favorite Features

electric remote control start sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Bigger windshield area

LOVE MY HHR!!!!
By lyrics4mama

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used HHR in 2012, with 14k miles on it. Love the head room, and cargo space. Great on gas. Love the look. My husband is 6ft 3 in and has plenty of room. This is a wonderful car for travel, both in comfort and riding. It is awesome, and fun to drive. Its not a "powerhouse", but will get up and go. Love the fold down seats in the back. Took a while to get use to the window controls on the console, but like it now. My one and only complaint is the cup holders are located in an awkward place. Love the functionality of all the gadgets (radio, climate control, cruise control, etc...), very accessable, and easy to operate. Great for a family with children, from infant to older teens.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, cargo space, head room, comfort, unique look, fun to drive, dependable, affordable, great for families with children from infant to older teens, excellent car for travel, love this car!

Suggested Improvements

would place the cup holders in a less awkward place--- other then that LOVE it

Original owner 130,000 miles later
By waz3

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I bought mine brand new and now have 130,000 miles on. It is driven almost 100 miles a day. my only compliant is the sway link bar. Other than regular maintenance this car is a charm and I will drive it until the doors fall off.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, doesn't feel like a car but a small truck. Economical drove it to Iowa and back and got 34 miles gallon.

Suggested Improvements

sway link bar is my only complaint.

A good attempt.
By kenmo6

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR is a good idea, a compact sport ute designed after a vintage Suburuban. However, it comes with flaws. Chrome stickers that easily peel off of door handles are just part of drawbacks to a decent car that has some great potential & storage capabilities. The interior, while not badly laid out, is littered with cheap plastics. A high belt line & low roof line give a nice look but combine for poor headroom & blind spots. The 4 spd auto trans. is antiquated but shifting is good & fuel economy is ok but should be better. Power is also good & handling is exceptional for the bulky design, but is hampered by torque steer. Ride is good but comes with rattles & squeaks. Still, a good attempt.

Favorite Features

The HHR has a good deal of storage, in part due to the bulky design, in part due to a number of foldable seating configurations. The back seats fold flat..ish, as does the front passenger seat. With all seats folded down, you can add a great deal of cargo and not need a guy with cones to help you park. Also, designing appeals to those of us who like retro cars & still want current technology. The dash is appealing too (aside from the cheap plastic) & gauges are well laid out. Performance is good (better in the SS), but be prepared for some torque steer. Handling is surprisingly good & the seats sit nice & high & are comfortable for moderate road trips.

Suggested Improvements

While some would disagree, I would like to see four wheel disc brakes on this car (they were vailable on the Pontiac Vibe, as was AWD, which would be a great option for the HHR IMO). Also, I have had problems with factory brakes & would urge HHR owners to replace factory brakes with aftermarket ones as soon as they go on you. Also, I've read that there are problems with the front end of this vehicle, so I would address those issues that result in literal rattle traps (mine is among them). There have also been issues with leaks from sunroofs and premature rusting on the bottom of door panels. It's a shame Chev. didn't address these & keep making the HHR, opting for the even quirkier Orlando