2007 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Accident
By jordan2014 on 03/02/14 15:32 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle, its an amazing gas saver. I was so so about buying this car but my wife wanted it so we obviously got it. After 6 days today being the 6th me and my 19 month old were on my way to pick up my new born and wife from the hospital, and along the way we lost control and had flipped 4 or 5 times. The only damage was the roof. The above airbags deployed and saved my sons and I lives. I very strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone for the safety, all i can say now is thank you chevy.. thank you

Happy with my HHR
By bones21 on 06/24/13 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a Chev. HHR from Hertrich's Capitol in Dover, DE. I am very pleased with my car. It took some time getting use to since I was use to a bigger windshield. The car gets good gas mileage. Hertrich's made me a good deal with the price too. I would recommend going to this dealer. They work hard in satisfying their customers. This is our third car that we have purchased from tem.

LOVE MY HHR!!!!
By lyrics4mama on 09/07/12 01:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used HHR in 2012, with 14k miles on it. Love the head room, and cargo space. Great on gas. Love the look. My husband is 6ft 3 in and has plenty of room. This is a wonderful car for travel, both in comfort and riding. It is awesome, and fun to drive. Its not a "powerhouse", but will get up and go. Love the fold down seats in the back. Took a while to get use to the window controls on the console, but like it now. My one and only complaint is the cup holders are located in an awkward place. Love the functionality of all the gadgets (radio, climate control, cruise control, etc...), very accessable, and easy to operate. Great for a family with children, from infant to older teens.

Original owner 130,000 miles later
By waz3 on 08/15/12 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I bought mine brand new and now have 130,000 miles on. It is driven almost 100 miles a day. my only compliant is the sway link bar. Other than regular maintenance this car is a charm and I will drive it until the doors fall off.

A good attempt.
By kenmo6 on 06/15/12 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The HHR is a good idea, a compact sport ute designed after a vintage Suburuban. However, it comes with flaws. Chrome stickers that easily peel off of door handles are just part of drawbacks to a decent car that has some great potential & storage capabilities. The interior, while not badly laid out, is littered with cheap plastics. A high belt line & low roof line give a nice look but combine for poor headroom & blind spots. The 4 spd auto trans. is antiquated but shifting is good & fuel economy is ok but should be better. Power is also good & handling is exceptional for the bulky design, but is hampered by torque steer. Ride is good but comes with rattles & squeaks. Still, a good attempt.

After 5yrs/135K miles and going strong
By jmeeep on 04/24/12 13:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for it's unique look, decent mileage and ability to carry lots of things. It has been a very reliable car. No problems what so ever. The car does get regular maintance but believe me.. I'm not perfect at it. I recommend this car to anyone just don't mind the car being called 'PT Cruiser' or the white bus. My Fiance hated this car in the beginning and he's a car enthusiast. If you asked him now, he would be hard pressed not to recommend it either. It has been more reliable than his car and he takes care of his own car like a baby!

Coast to Coast
By masterx4 on 02/13/12 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car. Its been great! Went to california from Massachusetts twice! Thats at least 16,000 miles right there! Also down to the Florida keys and back. No problems. We went to the southwest desert, over mountain passes, scorching heat like 107 in Utah, 103 in L.A. Minus temps in the Northeast. Sped across the plains at a over 100 miles an hour, stop and go traffic through washington d.c.....no problems...nothing....zero!

Nice car, but...
By cbeck3 on 02/02/12 17:40 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is attractive, but that's about it. GM made a poor engine choice with the 2.4l I4. Any attempt at acceleration will result in a whole lot of noise, and that's it. We started to have problems with the front end at around 30,000. It made a clunking noise whenever even the slightest bump was hit. The car was taken to the dealer at least five times with this, and they were never able to fix it. The seats weren't the most comfortable thing in the world, and it was impossible to use the sun visors because the windshield was so small. The wind deflector on the moonroof also broke. Also, the dash felt like it was made of cheap plastic. The car was recently traded for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.

Problems after 50K miles
By soclant on 05/17/11 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In March 2011, with 57,000 miles a small plastic tab in my shifter assembly broke and I could not remove the key. $357.87 plus disposal fee. I have the old one. April 6th front door handle broke, also plastic. Not happy

Good Car
By craig455 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Premier Edition with 35K on it and put another 25k on it. Overall I like the car a lot. It is comfortable and well equipped. The car has plenty of power and gets upper 20s for gas mileage. Interior room is what you should expect for a compact SUV. To everyone complaining about noise, the issue is the sway bar end links. Replaced mine with aftermarket links for $50 and the problem is gone. Also, the bumper does not need to be removed to change a headlight. It does require removal of the wheel liner (a few screws & plastic fasteners). My only other complaint is the poor quality (de- laminating) Chevy emblem on the back, but this is not limited to the HHR.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.