2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: This is why I always end up wi

2006 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

LT Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

This is why I always end up with a GM
By CanadaEh? on

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned since June 2006. I drive approx 40,000km a year in an almost equal mix of city/highway and average about 8.1L/100KM or 28.9MPG which is fantastic. On the highway, cruise set to 110km/hr I get about 34MPG and consistently over 840km to a tank. The most I've seen is 890. My car is the top level 2LT with all available options except OnStar. The 2.4L is really smooth, don't feel any vibration at idle or at traffic lights. It has a great MP3 player with Pioneer sound that's loud and clear, and is so technologically advanced. The driver info center is all configurable and programmable to your language and tastes. Remote start is great! So are the very warm heated seats.

Fun to Drive. It's beautiful. Smooth and quiet. Comfortable on long trips. Flexible interior. Still really tight, no rattles. It's so high-tech. Great in the snow. Very reliable, no problems with it since new (now has 117,000km). Goes 20K+ between oil changes, costs nothing to maintain!

I'd like a little more storage in front for small things like CD's, maps, etc. I'm not crazy about the window switches, even though I'm used to them. I'm 5'9 but I'd love another inch or two of seat travel, and more rear legroom. Cupholder placement is not as bad as some make it out to be.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review