Beautiful car from the outside.
By ecrosslin on
2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 2006 Chevy hhr ls used with 72000 miles in early 2009. Three months in I begin to experience shaking in the front end when brakes are applied. My brakes get checked and replaced but still the problem continues. Two years and 25k mi later this issue has gotten worse and worse to now the whole steering wheel shakes. Several different dealerships were unable to find the cause of the issue. As many others have stated, the interior stains very easily. Not good for young families. The back interior light dome broke. The front ones on the review mirror flicker on and off and sometimes stay on. Everything is backwards. Headlights can almost not be replaced without going to the dealer.
Favorite Features
Console in dash makes it easier to get things while on the road. Loved the design of the radio and the look of the gauges and speedometer. Overall the design and appearance was great.
Suggested Improvements
Everything to do with mechanical features needs to be redesigned.
By montrealbuyer
on 02/13/12 08:59 AM (PST)

I hear you I have the same problems with my own chevy 2006 HHR it leaks in the same area as you mentioned on the passenger side and lately on the drivers side, my windshield whippers engin just decided that it was going to stop working, i also have had numerous issues with it constantly not starting after leaving it parked for no more 3 minutes and have had to call GM Roadside Assistances more then 15 times in the winter as well as in the summer. My stairing wheel has been shaking constantly for so long and the car only has if i haven't mentionned already 72000KM and all this started way before it even hit 55000KM! And these problems are only the big visible ones there are so many more it's unbelievable. I have spent over 3000$ in repairs at GM Dealerships and always seem to get the car back with the same faults as it went in with THIS IS A HORRIBLE PURCHASE i hope they discontinue the model and fast!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE IN THE MARKET!