2006 Chevrolet HHR 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A Blast to Drive

2006 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

LT Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Blast to Drive
By Jake D on

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Recently bought my 2006 2LT and almost immediately took it on a 2,000 mile road trip. I highly recommend springing the extra $$$ for a LT w/sunroof. First, this vehicle is a blast to drive; it took the switchbacks of Yosemite 20 mph over the speed limit (yes, I'm bad) with no problem whatsoever. Fuel economy on the trip, which involve A LOT of mountain roads between CA and OR was 28.8mpg The negatives: I really don't mind the cup holders that others mention, but I do not like the type and quality of the materials used in the interior, pretty much all hard/cheap plastics, not worthy of this car. I'm also already having to take it in to have the brakes looked at. Love this vehicle though.

Favorite Features

Handling, fuel economy, transmission, rear storage and general appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the ugly and cheap plastic used on the dash, doors center console. Also What's with the window buttons not on the doors? Takes a bit of getting used to. The worst thing of all is the cracker-jack toy they call gauges. These things are incredibly cheap looking.