2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Wish it was better built
By John on 06/23/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I wish Chevy had put a little bit more Chevy heart and soul. This could have been the best light truck/full sized sedan car ever made. My two biggest complaints are the fact that whenever it rains the car leaks on the floorboard If you own one keep an eye on this. The other thing is the fabric they used for the for the seats. Don't let a drip of water touch, it will stain.

Talk it up!
By stewart savage on 06/19/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in May `06. I am pleased with the overall reliability and performance of the car so far. We took a trip on mother Day weekend. Leaving metro Detroit, we didn`t refuel until we were in Louisville, Ky. Love It!

HHR is the bestest car in life
By HHR06 on 06/10/08 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend HHR for good gas mileage and room for vacation get away. Great for road trips & long distance work. Way much better in snow than Chevy S-10 trucks. I will trade in for another HHR annually if I was a high roller!

Wayne's HHR
By 2G1WT58K069210822 on 06/07/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I are retired and bought our HHR for the fun of it. We liked the style and compfort right off. We have the 2LT model with all options except OnStar, we miss this option. I am looking froward to the new SS model or what ever they may call it, to come out. We will most certainly be looking.

HHR Review
By Phil on 05/23/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this car for over 3 months now. I love it! Just what I wanted. The only two setbacks I see is that it really is small for a five passenger car. And man I wish this was a 4x4. Other than that I love it.

Love most of my car
By Janet5952 on 05/10/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car cause I loved the style. My 2006 had only 8,032 miles on it when I bought it. It now has a little over 10,000 miles on it. I do not like where the window controls are or the cup holders but other than that it is great. The car is not for a big person my son and husband are both 6 ft and say it is to small for them leg and head room. It is just fine for me!

My Fun for the Sun ride
By Ray on 04/29/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven from Ohio to Florida 3x and counting. With 64,000 miles the HHR is still going strong. Avg.29gpm it is easy on the wallet and the lumbar support makes the long drives a pleasure. I was disapointed just after I bought mine they lowered the price and added the 100000 warrenty,just my luck. The 2.4 175hp motor climbs the WVA hills easy. I did have a problem with the front stabelizer bar at 32,000 miles,just after the warrenty ran out but it was a cheap repair. The brakes going down hill at speed pulsate and I had 2 tires break their belts(not Chevys problem) I love this little car and thought about trading it in on a new one with the warrenty but don't want to give mine up.

Stellamobile
By Ste77a on 04/16/08 13:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car itself is a pleasure to drive. I have always been a Chevy girl, all V8. This is the first 4cyl car I have owned and let me tell you, it has gusto, of course not as much as a Silverado or a 69 Malibu, however, it serves its purpose, especially with fuel prices. This is my second one, first one went into repair shop becuase I could not get it out of park, needless to say, they were not able to fix it, after 3 months, so the lemon law applied and I was able to get a new one without a problem. Why? you ask, because i loved the car so much. My current car has not had any major problems with the exception of some radio stations not coming in clear, other than that, I'm satisfied!

Awesome HHR with Nitto Tires
By gkarr1 on 04/16/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I could not believe the value packed into this car. There is no one out there that can go head to head with the HHR on price, performance, you name it. I sold it recently to buy a Chrysler Crossfire, to be honest I wish I had my HHR back. Don't get me wrong the Crossfire is awesome, but with the 18" rims and 40 series Nittos that HHR handled as well as any car I have ever driven. I honestly can't say much of anything negative except they need more cup holders for the driver. I had the 175hp version of the 4cyl. engine. I think back, my 1984 Mustang GT had 175hp. I have to laugh now looking back. I want the SS!

Electrical nightmare
By rick on 04/05/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When we bought our HHR It was our first new car. We thought it was going to be the last new car we would buy for a long time. Little did we know it was an electrical nightmare. The radio shorted out two times. The brake lights shorted out. The headlights would not go out. The inside lights stayed on and the door chime would'nt quit dinging. Then the electrical wireing fried under the dash. The dealer had to replace the complete harness from front to back. Now the wipers go nuts when they are on intermedant. The headlights are blinking off and on. Now the radio is starting to go out again. I wish we had bought something else. Never again

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.