Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Smooth Going
By Frank

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've run 70,000+ miles and finally needed my first repair - replacing the cheap front brakes. With rarely required routine maintenance (including oil changes every 10K or so with Mobil 1), and 27-30 MPG, you couldn't ask for a more reliable lower cost to maintain car. I got all the options except a sunroof (too tall) that makes it a pleasure to drive. Added antiroll bars that really tightened up highway handling.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, reliability, looks, can carry huge loads of cargo but can park in compact car parking spots.

Suggested Improvements

Window switch location, cheap interior plastics, more sound deadening materials.

I LOVE THIS CAR !!
By Scott L.

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have the LT-2 with 2.4 litre, in Daytona blue,fully loaded.I have owned many cars ,high end and low end and I love this car. [I hate cookie cutter cars]. This car is quiet smooth,fast and fun to drive. Best part is....IT'S CHEAP! Please note there will be some cheap plastic and design flaws you might not like. My window controls and cup holders work just fine, that's really picky.This is a small car that drives like a big car. At least 30 mph, with a big gas tank, it goes forever! These cars are great in SNOW if you put the correct tires on it. I put on Blizzach, she drives through any snow storm. You can't beat this car for the money! You can spend more $$$ if you want better quality. GET ONE TODAY!

Favorite Features

Comfortable,stereo system ,Ipod jack,64 cu.ft of storage.Quiet and smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Paint scratches easy. Better console design. Color choices stink. Please add dark green metallic. Dings easily

Don't drive in a state that gets SNOW!!
By Kimberly

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is not a good vehicle for driving in snow. It gets hung up in drifts and is too light to get thru deep snow. I did like all the room when the seats are down and they fold perfectly flat. Extra storage compartments were nice.I don't understand why the window controls aren't on the doors and the cups holders are so far back.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, storage room.

Suggested Improvements

Window controls on the doors, better handling in snow and cup holders are too far back, you have to take your eyes off the road to see them.

This car HATES gas!!
By Laura

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to drive around my 4 HUGE dogs, which took the place of my gas guzzling SUV. I have had this car over a year with no problems. This car hates gas so much, the closer the needle gets to E, the need will jump back up, lol. I am getting close to 30mpg highway, which is awesome. VERY comfortable leather seats, and an easy driving & comfortable car.

Favorite Features

Love that I don't get killed at the gas pump. With the seats folded down there is tons of room. Very comfortable driving car.

Suggested Improvements

Do something with the noise of the sunroof when it is open. It's extremely loud, my other cars do not make that much noise with the roof open. Put better lighting in the front area. The only front lighting comes from lights off the rear-view mirror

Excellent auto - except for leaking
By EmeraldDixon

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed driving the 2006 HR for the last three years. My only problem is leaking after heavy rains on the floor on the drivers side. Are there other people experiencing this problem?