2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
I like it!
By TJK on 09/24/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I too had a problem with the Shifter Indent Switch/Key from Ignition problem prior to my warranty running out. I consistantly get 33+ MPG driving both two-lane and freeways. The worst tank was 26 MPG while using the remote start in sub-zero weather. With nearly 40,000 miles in a year, I guess I'll have to drive it into the ground. I would guess my trade-in value is shot!

Great Vehicle
By Justin on 09/13/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my HHR for about a year and a half and have been very satisfied with the purchase. The HHR is a car that turns a few heads, carries me through my daily routine, and doesn't burn too much gas while doing so. There are things I like about this vehicle and things I don't.

Got me wondering!
By ann on 09/07/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the look of my HHR. I do have a few issues with it. I have had more visits to the service department (other than routine servicing) with HHR than any other vehicle I have owned. I had the same air condition problem twice, brake problems, raining in the vehicle, starting problems, outside mirrors stopped working, etc. Maybe I just got the bad one out of the bunch. I now worry about what will happen when my warranty ends! I have talked with Chevrolet & the dealership. No one seems to understand my concerns. I had planned to keep this vehicle for a long time. I am now very seriously thinking of trading it off! I bought the vechicle brand new. Never had these many problems with other cars!

Just a little unhappy
By K.Campbell on 08/18/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I agree with other buyers that the car looks great but it does need better fabric seats! My car has expeienced can't getting the key out the ignition! I not to happy about that because I havn't had the car that long. Overall, I would still stay with Chevy. Going to get a 2009 HHR! I think that one will be much better.

A Really Great Little Car
By cc732 on 08/09/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It was hard to replace my little '99 2dr. Cavalier, but I was lovestruck when I saw the HHR. My local dealer gave me a great trade-in and found a car with the options I wanted. I had an issue with an interior water leak, but it was fixed to my satisfaction. A later pulsating brake issue was resolved quickly with little interruption to my busy schedule. I love the way it handles and interior space is great. The fuel economy is good with the base 2.2L auto. The seats are comfortable and adjust well. I currently lease and hope to buy it at the end. After 30,000 miles, it has been a very practical, reliable and affordable vehicle.

Retro-wagon
By impalaman61 on 08/06/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little HHR! It's fun to drive, I get all the looks, and it hasn't given me one problem yet. It gets okay gas mileage and definitely could use more 'umph' in the horsepower but overall I'm satisfied with it.

Problems Chevy Fixed
By HHR SURF CITY on 07/30/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My HHR has had a few problems that I see other buyers have so I thought I would share them. The wet floor board when it rains is caused from a defective installation of a deflector shield under the hood. Mine just all the sudden started leaking & when I took it to Chevy they told me it was a recall & mine just fell off the car. Experienced the can't get the car out of park & can't get the key out of the ignition both of these are caused from the electronic key needing to be re-programed. Mine is equipped with the volume feature that automatically turns the radio up and down with road noise.I would be driving at 70 miles an hour & it would turn it down all the down. They fixed it. How?

You get what you pay for.
By rafreddy on 07/25/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great vehicle. We have 38k miles on it with no problems. The mileage is great: 32MPG Highway and 25city. The fold down seats are very easy to operate allow for ample storage. We have two kids in car seats and there is plenty of room for them in the back. I am 6'2" and find it a little difficult to see stop lights under the rear view mirror. This car was not designed for taller people! The window buttons are on the center console down in front of the shifter and a total pain to get to, but as with any vehicle you get used to the controls. As for the fit and finish, we have been very pleased. You get what you pay for in this vehicle.

Good Car
By Deb on 07/22/08 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my HHR! However, been to the dealer several times with rattle. Had steering column replaced two times, dash lights flicker, hub is bad, and radio issues. Dealer sent me home with bad hub, hope safe, he says is safe to drive. Replacing steering column did not help, as it began rattling again after a few weeks. Yes, I agree need better cup holders and window controls on door. Spruce up the interior, other manufacturers know how to do an interior right. We baby boomers love comfort and luxury.

Downside to Chevy HHR
By tammy on 07/13/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car and fell in love with the car. We drove it to Myrtle Beach on vacation and on return I had to invest $450 in new brakes and rotors. The car is only a little over a year old and is already rusting in some places. The Chevy emblem is chipping. I have 40,200 miles on my car and then had to replace wheel bearings. If you are buying the car for gas mileage, this is the car for you! If you are looking for durability- you may want to consider something other than the Chevy HHR.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.