2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
2006 HHR 2TL
By normal19 on 02/24/09 23:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first FWD 4 cylinder car I have ever purchased. Not disappointed at all. My wife drives 80% of the time on HWY. I drive other 20% of time hard. Love the way it handles on turns (FWD). There's no such thing as too much HP. But not disappointed either by 173 HP. So far 50,000 miles and have been to dealer very few times.

Good looking and efficent
By Mike on 02/10/09 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Recently purchased a 2006 HHR 2LT model. On a ski weekend in Michigan, it handled snow fine, and our skis fit inside. I like the styling, nice ride, quality seems pretty good at this stage. People who complain about the performance and handling have the wrong perspective. I bought this car as an affordable daily driver and hauler, with fuel economy as a priority. Highway mileage is in the low 30s at 70 MPH, and the power and handling is what I would expect. I also have a Porsche Boxster S, so I recognize how high performance cars should drive. I just have no illusions that the HHR is one, it is not. For barely over $10k loaded, it is a great value, and a very suitable daily driver.

Love this car
By Barry Barnes on 02/08/09 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great car, never had a breakdown Drives great. I have the LT2 with all the options. Have all the power I have ever needed. I can squeal the tires on take off all the time. Rides great and enough room to carry lumber and piping for yard work

Stinks in Deep Snow or Ice
By Lizabeth on 02/07/09 15:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for cargo space & good mileage. Didn't realize it was terrible in snow & ice. Last winter, got stuck at least 15 times. Was in for brakes/ABS & traction control four times before 20,000 miles. This winter, bought a 12-year-old AWD Ford Aerostar to use. Mileage in summer is great on highway driving. But the terrible winter performance forced me to get another vehicle, so it's not worth it. Will dump it as soon as I can, but am upside-down on loan because it dropped so much in value in 1 year. May buy foreign next time, because the Big 3 haven't made anything with good cargo space, good mileage (24+mpg), & AWD. Maybe Subaru, Kia, or Mazda. Very disappointed with GM!

HHR is my last American car ever
By norm on 01/14/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned 16 American cars. Really felt patroitic about buying them until I got sucker punched with the HHR. The drivers window does not roll down in the cold. The drivers door does not open from the inside. The headlight required a body shop to replace. The headlights turn off when I make a rt hand turn. The air filter involves 13 steps to replace. The air and oil filter were dealer only parts the first year I owned the car. The rear lights are not normal, and I've been rear ended twice. I'm ready to trade it in for a Yaris.

Chevy got it right!
By WILLIAM R. JACKSON on 01/08/09 17:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had at least a hundred people comment on seeing my car. Wow! We love how it looks! What is it! It's the best car I've ever had! I'm 80 years young and I've had a lot of cars! My wife has a bad back and we were looking for great seating. Well we found it! Just open the door turn around and place your posterior in the seat! All you seniors listen this is a great car! Many amenities. Someone at Chevy finally got it right!

Enjoy Driving It!
By riderblues on 12/31/08 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive around town or the interstate. I perfer interstate driving. Easy to drive, switching lanes passing another vehicle goes very smoothly. Very east to park not to be of a car, but will hold alot of stuff with the back seat laying flat.

How to make some improvements
By Dick on 12/03/08 18:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Please think about the following changes. 1. Offer 4 wheel drive as an option. 2. Replace the 4 speed auto tran. with a 5 speed auto.(will give better gas mileage, ETC. ) 3.Use more or better sound deadening material. 4. Upgrade the fabric seats with leather side panels & use better fabric for the interior seat backs plus seats. 5. Use more care with body panels. Have everyone think about this car as if it was their own.

Rating my HHR
By Pat on 11/19/08 04:30 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 2006 was my first HHR My husband bought the 2007 and I traded mine in & bought a 2008. We love these cars they are comfortable fuel effecient and reliable. One thing we would like to see [as we live in the Poconos of PA] is all wheel drive, even though they are good in the snow.

It's a Chevy
By OUIMCM on 11/18/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I do like this car, but after having a Buick, you get kind of spoiled. I realized when I bought it that you get what you pay for. There is nothing wrong with the car, except for the car radio turning on by itself, it's just cheaper made. However, I saved money purchasing it also, and it serves my needs just fine. My two big dogs fit in the back seat, and it holds a lot in the back. For a 4 cylinder, it has plenty of power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.