Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Great ride
By hhr love it

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought it new 59 miles we drove it to Fla 5 times Texas 4 times it now has 129,000 miles not the first problem none change oil and tires and it gets 38 mpg it's a 5 speed manual shift we cruise 70-60 mpg on the interstate will buy another when it's time so far not the time

Favorite Features

mpg room dependable

Suggested Improvements

cup holders bad place

Ok but a few problems
By OUIMET

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage and interior space in the back, but a few problems. Seats are kind of narrow, no front storage, not the best in snow/ice being it is so light. Dash compartment broke, interior mirror falls off, and my radio comes on all by itself, you can hear the springs clunk in the winter; dealer says nothing they can do about either the radio or clunking. Other than that, great space in the back, great gas mileage, full body galvanized steel so won't rust, and have had no problems passing when I need to. Both my big dogs fit in this small car where they would not in others. You get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, fold down seats and interior room in the back, radio.

Suggested Improvements

Spend a little more on interior plastic, and a little more room for the driver.

Great Little Car!
By Eric

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, first off, this is a car. It's a cheap car. It's not going to be perfect. Most cars aren't, especially ones this cheap. Now, for the price, I feel that it's great! I've loved these cars since they came out, and wanted one since. Beings that I was only 16 at the time, I couldn't afford one. Anyways, the only issues I've had were the front end clunking (sway bar links, struts, and steering column replaced under warranty to fix it) and the sunroof and headliner rattle quite a bit. Crank the radio (on the Pioneer that I have and love!) and you wont notice it! Even took the car on a road trip to Florida from Michigan this spring, and it was fantastic with 3 people and luggage all over

Favorite Features

Style, color (orange), all the room, GREAT gas mileage! Sunroof is fun to have! The 2.2 isn't fast, but it does have some "oomph" to it when need be.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes. Mine have warped the rotors twice, and this is common. Also better front end parts so they don't clunk, and better interior components that don't rattle so much, and maybe less cheap plastic? But again, what do you expect for the price? Seats that wont stain would be nice...

General
By crack07

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't drive the car a lot. I'm a Farmer and drive my truck more. Had a large issue with leaving it outside a few time in heavy rain and it flooded the floor boards, I mean water standing. Took it to the dealer they say its fixed but it's been in the garage for all heavy rains since. Only have 39,000 on it now. But it gets good mpg and you don't lay down to drive it like most cars. Other than the water issue I have had only on issue they replaced the radio but all seems good now just wish I would have got the 100,000 pwr train warranty I got on my 07 silverado but that came free on it.

Favorite Features

mpg upright driving position.

Suggested Improvements

add center storage compartment and fix the water issues I'm not convinced are fixed yet. and its out of warranty now

Junk!
By kyle

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car recently and its a hunk of junk. I need a new engine already it cracked for some reason. That's gm for ya. This car is a headache. Don't buy this car. And the sunroof is very noisy and it leaks a lot to if there is a heavy rain. The plastic parts need to be better made to. When I walked out from the store to open my door the handle popped right off. So when I get in my car I have to go to the passengers door just to get in. I regret buying this car. What a waste of money.

Favorite Features

NONE!

Suggested Improvements

Push it into a lake.