Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

car want work
By shouseearl

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 2006 hhr only has 104,000 on it. always changed the oil when reguired. took very good care of car. then as i was riding down the road it just shut off. had it towed home and then found out a rod broke right in half and ended up in oil pan. any know of a recall on this.

HONESTLY DON'T BUY
By montrealbuyer

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My own chevy 2006 HHR Leaks on the passenger side and lately on the drivers side, my windshield whippers transmission just decided that it was going to stop working, i also have had numerous issues with it constantly not starting after leaving it parked for no more 3 minutes and have had to call GM Roadside Assistances more then 15 times in the winter as well as in the summer. My stairing wheel has been shaking constantly for so long and the car only has about 72000KM and all this started way before it even hit 55000KM! And these problems are only the big visible ones there are so many more it's a joke I do not suggest purchasing this vehicule! I hope they discontinue and fast!

I have no favorite features the car has been a 3000$+ in repair cost burden!

I would say the entire car needs to be reviewed and ajusted there are so many problems with this model.

My HHR Ls
By family0216

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have read the other reviews, and I must disagree with a few of them. I purchased my daughter's car a year ago, and so far so good. Excellent on gas, drives well, and very comfortable. She has not had one single issue with her car yet. So judging on by the perfomance and reliability of her car, I would definetly purchase another one but a higher model. I simply love this car! My daughter (Nera) is into big boy cars such as: Hummers, Chevy's, etc so when I first got this car-she had 2 get use 2 it. But now I can say we both love the quality of the HHR LS's....

Beautiful car from the outside.
By ecrosslin

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Chevy hhr ls used with 72000 miles in early 2009. Three months in I begin to experience shaking in the front end when brakes are applied. My brakes get checked and replaced but still the problem continues. Two years and 25k mi later this issue has gotten worse and worse to now the whole steering wheel shakes. Several different dealerships were unable to find the cause of the issue. As many others have stated, the interior stains very easily. Not good for young families. The back interior light dome broke. The front ones on the review mirror flicker on and off and sometimes stay on. Everything is backwards. Headlights can almost not be replaced without going to the dealer.

Console in dash makes it easier to get things while on the road. Loved the design of the radio and the look of the gauges and speedometer. Overall the design and appearance was great.

Everything to do with mechanical features needs to be redesigned.

water leak
By dmilesi

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 2006 chevy HHR is leaking on the passenger side. The water is coming in from the air filter that is located under the hood. below the right windshield wiper. There is a big pocket and a air filter there so when it rains it runs right in under the dashboard. I read that many other people are having the same trouble. Chevy needs to make this a recall or they are going to lose hard working peoples business. Just one person will
tell hundreds of people.
If there are enough complaints maybe they will do something about this major problem. I went to
[violative content deleted] , Still waiting for a response .
Also read they are terrible in the snow even with studs on them.

I like the way is handles on the road.