2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Super Ride
By gozmore on 02/25/10 08:16 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is such a blast to own and drive, I am the second owner, 39,000 miles, 33 miles to gallon on highway, great sound system, great visibility,I get people's attention where-ever I go, 24 miles per gallon city, hauling capacity is unbelievable, I had a custom trailer hitch added to pull a small trailer.I added the "Chevrolet" word on the front nose and on each side of the hood, the color is light gold with saddle trim, I also added power air filter system

Herby's Hot Rod
By Harmonica Herb on 02/23/10 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know another car that could have reacted as quick as my HHR did when another car slammed on brakes in front of me. Another driver said," I don't know how you missed that guy."

Smooth Going
By Frank on 01/03/10 19:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've run 70,000+ miles and finally needed my first repair - replacing the cheap front brakes. With rarely required routine maintenance (including oil changes every 10K or so with Mobil 1), and 27-30 MPG, you couldn't ask for a more reliable lower cost to maintain car. I got all the options except a sunroof (too tall) that makes it a pleasure to drive. Added antiroll bars that really tightened up highway handling.

I LOVE THIS CAR !!
By Scott L. on 12/10/09 15:13 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have the LT-2 with 2.4 litre, in Daytona blue,fully loaded.I have owned many cars ,high end and low end and I love this car. [I hate cookie cutter cars]. This car is quiet smooth,fast and fun to drive. Best part is....IT'S CHEAP! Please note there will be some cheap plastic and design flaws you might not like. My window controls and cup holders work just fine, that's really picky.This is a small car that drives like a big car. At least 30 mph, with a big gas tank, it goes forever! These cars are great in SNOW if you put the correct tires on it. I put on Blizzach, she drives through any snow storm. You can't beat this car for the money! You can spend more $$$ if you want better quality. GET ONE TODAY!

Don't drive in a state that gets SNOW!!
By Kimberly on 10/28/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is not a good vehicle for driving in snow. It gets hung up in drifts and is too light to get thru deep snow. I did like all the room when the seats are down and they fold perfectly flat. Extra storage compartments were nice.I don't understand why the window controls aren't on the doors and the cups holders are so far back.

This car HATES gas!!
By Laura on 10/06/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to drive around my 4 HUGE dogs, which took the place of my gas guzzling SUV. I have had this car over a year with no problems. This car hates gas so much, the closer the needle gets to E, the need will jump back up, lol. I am getting close to 30mpg highway, which is awesome. VERY comfortable leather seats, and an easy driving & comfortable car.

Excellent auto - except for leaking
By EmeraldDixon on 09/29/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed driving the 2006 HR for the last three years. My only problem is leaking after heavy rains on the floor on the drivers side. Are there other people experiencing this problem?

Trim is plastic that breaks easy
By plastic crap on 09/03/09 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Glove box on top of dash, made of all plastic, button broke plastic screw holders and they call it trim work. must replace entire box which in 2008 was $250. Inside door handles are made of plastic and break off in your hand when opening the doors from the inside. though the broken piece is less than a 3 oz piece of circular plastic. The dealer says to fix. You must purchase a entire new door. I was quoted $468 dollars to replace with (another entire door with a plastic handle which will just break again) x 4 doors is crazy and not covered under any of the warrentees they sold me. will not buy another chevy.

Needed new engine ay 71,00 miles
By WCS_in_SM on 08/22/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Updates "Smooth Ride" 7/22/09. 1,000 city miles after new oil cooler, HHR overheated, towed back to Rydell in Van Nuys. No compression. Diagnosis: head gasket, cost $3000, estimated 4 days in shop. Week later, still in shop, they said the engine block was cracked, needs new engine, cost $6,000, ready five days later. So $1,100 for the oil cooler and service and $6,000 for the engine. Wish I had bought a 100,000 mile warranty. HHR is well maintained, mostly L.A. city driving. Only possible explanation for block cracking is quarterly 800 mile round trip at 75-80 mph. Too much for 4 cyl engine? Would not buy another American car without long warranty.

HHR 2006 LT
By Jesse on 07/25/09 23:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We fell in love when we saw it on the internet.The first Chevy dealer we went to knew nothing about the HHR and told us they were new and that was about it.We decided to go to a different dealership. Walked onto the lot and found our beautiful HHR just off the truck, We could hardly wait to get it home.Ours has all the bells and whistle and we purchased a Lo-jack .added mud flaps and a bra.We took it on vacation and had a blast. People asked to sit in it and were amazde at the room it has.We have had it since 2/06 with only one problem with the power booster on the breaks.We are considering buying another HHR in the future,

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.