2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
My New HHR Chevy
By Jack on 09/04/05 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great new car model from GM. It has almost every option as standard equipment. It appears to be a very high quality vehicle and should give me many years of pleasure. I am 62 years old!

2006 HHR
By Dara on 09/04/05 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My HHR is black with the chrome grill, sunroof, XM-radio. I have enjoyed this car so much that when it is parked outside my business, people have come inside inquiring about it. Its that cute when you see it first hand. There is plenty of room inside. It handles great on the road and has a lot of power. I was quite surprised since I am used to driving a V-8. Its easier on the pocketbook when you have to purchase gas, especially these days. I am getting right at 20 miles in town, but the engine is not broke in yet and I am driving it in 100 + degree temperatures. Mine came equipted with a Pioneer sound system/equilizer and has more sound than I know what to do with. Love my 06 HHR.

HHR Sales Will Soar
By JV on 09/03/05 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle in every aspect. Best of all, gas mileage. I went from a V-8 Tahoe getting 17 Hwy, I now get 31 Hwy! Can't go wrong!! Very, very stylish. Almost bought a PT Cruiser before I saw the HHR in a showroom. I snatched the second of only two HHRs on the lot! What a tremendous value for the price! I didn't have to sacrifice looks, performance, gas mileage or quality! Of course its smaller than my Tahoe, but its pretty roomy for what I need. Good luck getting one. I think they'll sell like hotcakes! Hats off to you GM! You made my year in these times of the terrible gas price hike!

My Baby
By parky on 08/28/05 05:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR only a week and love it. The handling is superb LT 2 options 2.4 engine automatic. First tank gas fillup produced 30.5 MPG mostly around town garage sales etc. Will be putting road miles on the car in November when we return to Florida for the winter. No negitive comments other than the door lock buttons have a tendency to poke into your arms when you put your arm on window sill with window open.

HHR More for Less
By bsadan on 08/27/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried about the power or lack of according to the car mag reviews, but it is more than enough unless your pulling away from pit lane. On the freeway the HHR rides very smooth, we traded a Chysler Concord with about an equal ride, impressive for a little car. Handling is really good, as ours does have the tighter suspension option. At the grocery store the wife only has good things to say about the storage. The sound system is killer! A lot of thought went into consideration of controls and driver layout. Engine compartment is a nice package with all the lastest veriable valve timing (read no real need for preminum fuel)

Wow - Get one
By Ourhhr on 08/27/05 09:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Stop looking any further- you'll only be going back to the HHR and may find it was sold. We were shopping at 2 stores and then at some "foreign" places. The HHR is more functional and a better value. The are selling fast- we lost one because we wanted to shop around then had to wait a week for another to come in. We got one with the bigger engine and love it. Peppy, quiet, safe, sturdy, super mileage!

Oh yeah!!
By Doug Hedges on 08/25/05 19:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR for about a week now and have put over 500 miles on it. It is great. The ride is smooth and it handles like a charm. The interior is comfortable even for a big guy like me. It has side air bags front and back, which is a great feature.

My HHR
By SakiTX on 08/24/05 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle. Fun to drive. Lots of compliments. Have one drawback. Small noise in dash that can't be found yet.

From Large to small
By gold7 on 08/18/05 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD to the smaller HHR and was unsure that I could adjust to the smaller size and style, but I was wrong. This is a fantastic little vehicle. Snappy, quick response, with a great array of electronic features. I'm getting about 28 miles per gallon in city and 33 hwy. It's made well, with solid construction and plenty of room for a smaller wagon style. Plus the styling blows away the PT Cruiser! Recommend to all that are looking for a really neat roomy concept style vehicle!

Finally
By Mark Willetts on 08/17/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Been waiting for six months to purchase. Only driven 400 miles so far ,but very happy with the whole package. Traded a Focus. The HRR has more power and is very comfortable. Styling is great, and I like it much more than the PT Cruiser. (Wife has one and I have driven both)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.