Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Love My HHR
By PAT

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm so happy with my loaded HHR. It's comfortable on long trips, with great gas mileage. A really fun car to drive, with lots of room

Favorite Features

I love the chrome package, and the curves, and the running boards.

Suggested Improvements

Don't love the location of the cup holders, or the location of the window controls

HHR Red Hot
By Mckennycoy

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have looked at the PT cruisers for a long time but I think Chevrolet has one upped Chrysler with HHR. I wanted to get the orange color but it was very scarce almost bought one but hesitated and it sold right after I left dealer. I ended up getting a red one because the 0 percent intrest was the deal clincher. I really like the styling. It is classy , retro, and eye catching on a budget . These cars start out at about 17 grand and get 30 mph on the freeway and look cool . What more needs to be said? Chevrolet has hit a home run.

Favorite Features

Style is the main ingredient. Love the key fob starter switch too! Gas mileage is great. The performance is not great, but that's not why I bought the car. Hey gas is expensive so mileage is paramount now .

Suggested Improvements

Make the front seat larger and more comfortable .

Style to Spare!
By Deborah

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for a month - but everyday I'm so impressed with it. I went from an SUV to the HHR - and it only took a few days to become used to the front wheel drive and lower profile. It's fun to drive - lots of pickup despite the 4 cyl motor. Lots of room on the inside - only complaint is the placement of the armrest - a little out of place. Nice in dash storage, and plenty of room for supplies under the back cover above the spare tire. Stereo booms - and has easy to use controls. I was surprised with all the extras on the LS - power everything - it's a lot of car for the money - so very happy - and it just looks hot to drive! Lots of looks and questions!

Favorite Features

I love the style - it draws a lot of looks - more beefy than the PT - wider - love the stereo pod with MP3 input - night lights is very slick inside - handles tight with a super small turning radius! Lots of leg room all around - never feels like a compact car at all. The keyless tailgate is great!

Suggested Improvements

The armrest could use rethinking - and maybe a better location for the coin storage

I Love My HHR
By Sue

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since the day I bought this car, I have had fun with it. The upgraded stereo is awesome. The leather seats are very comfortable, The sunroof is a great bonus. I bought mine with the sport suspension package in it. It may have cost a little more but it was well worth it. There is nothing about this car that I don't adore.

Favorite Features

I love the whole car. It's fun to drive and very sporty with the rear spoiler option

A Better Cruiser than PT
By Clint

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My only gripes with my HHR 2LT are that: 1. The rear spoiler (which I did not order) is a *requirement* to keep rain/snow runoff off of the back glass. It's difficult to see; 2. There was no available back-up sensor. It's difficult to see when parallel parking; 3. The supercharged engine from the Cobalt is NOT available; 4. The mileage isn't great for a 4- cylinder. It would probably be better with a 5-speed automatic (like is offered in the Honda Civic...a like-priced vehicle). Other than these items, it's quite a lot of vehicle for the price. Front and side visibility are great, the breaks have good feel, the controls are thoughtfully laid out. Good bang-for-the-buck!

Favorite Features

MP3 CD player, no iPOD needed!