Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 388 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

GM is making a come back
By Doug

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I have traditionally purchased foreign cars, but she saw a picture of the HHR and was interested. We test drove it and were very impressed. Ride and handling are excellent, surprisingly quiet vehicle, suprisingly comfortable seats. Interior is well laid out with lots of storage space. Retro appearance is kind of fun, but it was the value that sold us. We bought the base model and didn't add any options because it didn't need any in our opinion, the base model is very well equipped. We just took it on our first road trip, it was a pleasure to drive. If GM can continue to put out vehicles like this they may be on the way back.

Quite ride, comfortable seats, lots of storage. Excellent radio with MP3 input jack standard. Good gas mileage and fun to drive. Build quality appears to be excellent. Overall a great value for the price.

The engine is perfectly acceptable, but with more pep the car would be even more fun to drive. Bigger glove box.

First GM car ever.
By Dr. Ray

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I knew it was slow, but I have gotten used to simply pushing it a little. I love the exterior styling, but wish GM had used better quality sheet metal (dings with ease) and interior parts. Cup holder placement is useless, and it needs better storage. That said, I love the retro look, the ease of ingress and egress, the hauling capacity witht the seats down and the $50 a month drop in insurance over my 2001 4Runner. This car needs 25 more horses for this enthusiast. I intend to install a cold air induction to make it sound and move a little better. Too many PT Cruisers out there. 5 more miles per gallon would be good too.

Exterior styling, black looks sleek with chrome wheels. Great XM radio and got hooked by the OnStar feature. Hauling capacity is excellent. Very easy to drive. Nice ride, especially compared to the 4Runner.

Better interior plastic, better storage (tray under passenger seat would be good) relocation of cup holders, better sheet metal. Better mileage.

Our red HHR
By darlene Haase

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Everyone stops us to ask where we found this beautiful car. They ask all of the usual questions , mileage, etc. We must be in our second teen years because we love this beautiful red car.

Mileage and sunroof.

I can't think of any.

Love My HHR
By PAT

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm so happy with my loaded HHR. It's comfortable on long trips, with great gas mileage. A really fun car to drive, with lots of room

I love the chrome package, and the curves, and the running boards.

Don't love the location of the cup holders, or the location of the window controls

HHR Red Hot
By Mckennycoy

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have looked at the PT cruisers for a long time but I think Chevrolet has one upped Chrysler with HHR. I wanted to get the orange color but it was very scarce almost bought one but hesitated and it sold right after I left dealer. I ended up getting a red one because the 0 percent intrest was the deal clincher. I really like the styling. It is classy , retro, and eye catching on a budget . These cars start out at about 17 grand and get 30 mph on the freeway and look cool . What more needs to be said? Chevrolet has hit a home run.

Style is the main ingredient. Love the key fob starter switch too! Gas mileage is great. The performance is not great, but that's not why I bought the car. Hey gas is expensive so mileage is paramount now .

Make the front seat larger and more comfortable .