Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Our red HHR
By darlene Haase

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Everyone stops us to ask where we found this beautiful car. They ask all of the usual questions , mileage, etc. We must be in our second teen years because we love this beautiful red car.

Mileage and sunroof.

I can't think of any.

Love My HHR
By PAT

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm so happy with my loaded HHR. It's comfortable on long trips, with great gas mileage. A really fun car to drive, with lots of room

I love the chrome package, and the curves, and the running boards.

Don't love the location of the cup holders, or the location of the window controls

HHR Red Hot
By Mckennycoy

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have looked at the PT cruisers for a long time but I think Chevrolet has one upped Chrysler with HHR. I wanted to get the orange color but it was very scarce almost bought one but hesitated and it sold right after I left dealer. I ended up getting a red one because the 0 percent intrest was the deal clincher. I really like the styling. It is classy , retro, and eye catching on a budget . These cars start out at about 17 grand and get 30 mph on the freeway and look cool . What more needs to be said? Chevrolet has hit a home run.

Style is the main ingredient. Love the key fob starter switch too! Gas mileage is great. The performance is not great, but that's not why I bought the car. Hey gas is expensive so mileage is paramount now .

Make the front seat larger and more comfortable .

Style to Spare!
By Deborah

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for a month - but everyday I'm so impressed with it. I went from an SUV to the HHR - and it only took a few days to become used to the front wheel drive and lower profile. It's fun to drive - lots of pickup despite the 4 cyl motor. Lots of room on the inside - only complaint is the placement of the armrest - a little out of place. Nice in dash storage, and plenty of room for supplies under the back cover above the spare tire. Stereo booms - and has easy to use controls. I was surprised with all the extras on the LS - power everything - it's a lot of car for the money - so very happy - and it just looks hot to drive! Lots of looks and questions!

I love the style - it draws a lot of looks - more beefy than the PT - wider - love the stereo pod with MP3 input - night lights is very slick inside - handles tight with a super small turning radius! Lots of leg room all around - never feels like a compact car at all. The keyless tailgate is great!

The armrest could use rethinking - and maybe a better location for the coin storage

I Love My HHR
By Sue

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since the day I bought this car, I have had fun with it. The upgraded stereo is awesome. The leather seats are very comfortable, The sunroof is a great bonus. I bought mine with the sport suspension package in it. It may have cost a little more but it was well worth it. There is nothing about this car that I don't adore.

I love the whole car. It's fun to drive and very sporty with the rear spoiler option