2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
This HHR Rocks
By ChristNMe on 09/12/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I can only say that I enjoy the smooth ride the handling and the controls. I was looking for a truck and the Colorado was it... until I saw the HHR and took her out for a run. Great pickup for a small engine! The controls will take a little getting used to, but they really streamlined the doors by moving the window controls to the console area. I am so glad I took it for a ride and bought her!

My little avalanche
By crabby blue on 09/11/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Avalanche, but gas prices made me turn to the HHR. I love the style and simple features, no XM radio or OnStar needed. I love it without $500 opional running boards. Drives like a dream and the sport suspension just screams to run the windy roads. Reminds me of an Escort GT I owned. Wanted the orange, but could not find one so went with a black just off the truck. Will be taking it on three 2000 mile round trips to FL this year and can not wait to get on the highway. So far it runs like a dream. Put flames on it first day and people always stop to look at it. Get out of the way PT

My other SSR
By SSR/HHR on 09/10/05 02:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It was worth the wait, I own a 2005 SSR and when I saw the HHR I just had to have the remake of the delivery wagon of years past, I was surprised with the pick-up it has, and it just has a style, its Gm's better version of the PT cruser.

I love my HHR
By shortdrivetocrazy on 09/09/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my HHR for two weeks now. It rides great, drives easy, is comfortable. I am getting great gas mileage in town (22mpg). The ride is quiet, good stereo. The storage and cargo space is nice. Chevy really hit a good one here, and it's nice to see them going back to some old school stuff. This should work out well for them. This vehicle is hard to get right now, the dealership I bought mine at, can't keep them in stock.

You Gotta Love It
By HHRfersure on 09/07/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Admittedly, My wife and I have had this vehicle for less than a week, but she fell in love with it the minute she saw it. And I started appreciating it when I drove it and realized how truly comfortable and spacious it is, given its size, coupled with its affordable price and standard equipment. Ours is the 1LT with the larger 2.4L DOHC engine. It handles great and the gas mileage should far exceed the Trailblazer we traded (and both hated to part with) Chevy did it right this time. The ride is stable and quiet and it is fun to drive. It also has plenty of pick up for what we'll need it for. It does turn heads.

vtm37
By vtm37 on 09/07/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It does not have enough horsepower. When moving from a dead stop it feels like you really have to push the gas pedal hard, but is adequate on the highway for passing. The engine has whirring noise when taking off from dead stop that is very noticble. Seat belt hookup with the arm rests down is difficult. Handles very well.

Chevrolet has a winner
By parky on 09/07/05 04:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven oer a thousand miles so far and find the car to be well built with fit and finish to be excellent. I couldn't be more pleased with the car, it gives excellent gas mileage and has excellent carrying capacity.

Fun in retro
By mortgageit on 09/06/05 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the HHR as a work vehicle and have enjoyed it so much we drive it everywhere. Great looks and definitely turns heads. Would highly recommend this little cruiser.

Be the first on your block
By Long Island HHR on 09/05/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got the LT1, 2.4, auto, XM radio, moonroof, chrome package, in red about a week ago. When I saw my fiance's grin on the test drive (after test driving a PT turbo, by the way), I knew we would get it. After a week and 500 miles, we are in love with our HHR. We look for reasons to drive it (we commute in my company vehicle - darn). The car is a blast to drive, the visibility is great, we're both comfortable (I'm 6- foot, 240), and I can't believe the storage space for a small car. If you like to blend in, don't get an HHR. If you like to have fun, get good gas mileage, haul stuff (mountain bike, musical equipment, photography equipment, etc.), and turn a few heads, go check this car out.

Just Got My HHR as a Compnay Car!
By Hughesjay on 09/05/05 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good I have had the HHR for just over a week, I also own a TB and an Envoy. I love it -surprised at the power from a 4 cyl. Also like the ride and it's not noisy like most small vehicles you get so much for the price I would recommend to all at any age.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.